Giz
Site Admin

8-05-08 I sense something.

Post by Giz »

New strip! New storyline! http://www.menagea3.net/d/20080805.html

dianekikiula

Re: 8-05-08 I sense something.

Post by dianekikiula »

If this were sci-fi, I'd expect a witch.

Second thought was Gary's mother.

Third, most likely, and most scary: The LANDLADY!!! :? :( :shock: :o :o :o

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHA FIRST finally!!!! :mrgreen:

Wait... I sense something too, it the...the...BICHY LANDLADY! :evil:

Edit: damn you dianekikiula :cry:
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

DARTH LANDLADY! :o

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Well, we have the first sci-fi related joke for this panel. I love it when a good Star Wars quote has been used. "I sense something...a presence I haven't felt since..." you just know something nasty is one the way, especially seeing the ominous figure approaching the doorway. I have a feeling it's the landlady about to make her first appearance.

And Gary isn't the only geek who's freely quoted Star Wars in actual reality. I use the famous "Do or do not" line on my Tae Kwon Do students quite a bit, usually followed with my best Yoda chuckle.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

MegaJar

Post by MegaJar »

SaBomJon wrote:Well, we have the first sci-fi related joke for this panel. I love it when a good Star Wars quote has been used. "I sense something...a presence I haven't felt since..." you just know something nasty is one the way, especially seeing the ominous figure approaching the doorway. I have a feeling it's the landlady about to make her first appearance.

And Gary isn't the only geek who's freely quoted Star Wars in actual reality. I use the famous "Do or do not" line on my Tae Kwon Do students quite a bit, usually followed with my best Yoda chuckle.
Just don't go saying "size matters not" around THIS comic, buster! ;)

Also, new character!! Huzzah!! Or old character, if it's the landlady. But either way, huzzah!!

ALSO also, Zii makes yet ANOTHER decision about Gary's life without consulting Gary first. Are we noticing a pattern yet?

fuzzybeard2016

Post by fuzzybeard2016 »

I'm hoping that the ensuing battle turns out a little bit better for Gary than it did for Anakin... :?

Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker: I sense something; a presence I've not felt since...

Quote source: IMDB entry for memorable Star Wars Quotes: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0076759/quotes
Rockhound: Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes and they let me use explosives, okay?
"Armageddon" (1998/I)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

IS_Wolf

Post by IS_Wolf »

Hmmm.. Is this heading for the Three's Company "solution", namely Gary having to pretend he's gay so that he can room with two women, without the prude landlord going all Dark Side on his ass?

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

“It was as if a million renters cried out and were suddenly evicted…” :P

“All right, Skywalker, I lied. I’m not your father—I’m your mother!”
[lowers lightsaber] “MA?”
*BZOWNT* [noise of lateral torso chop with lightsaber] “Stupid kid.”

Where’s a Droideka combat droid when you need one? Or an Advance Floor Machine? Or a Botox cannon? Or even a bag of marbles? :twisted:

And what happened to all my left socks?

Looks like Gary’s about to fail a Will save again the landlady’s Force Sexual Frustration attack.

“Feel the power of the Dark Side of the broom closet.”
I think outside the tesseract.

WangyJohn

Post by WangyJohn »

Something wicked this way cometh...

My prediction, yeah, it's the landlady, questioning the two female roommates, and Gary will have to work up some lie.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

>>Insert Star Wars Overture Here<< "Not very long ago, in an appartment not very far away..."

lol. Despite not being much of a Star Wars fan, a good sci-fi parody is always appreciated. Please though... if thats the landlady keep her in shadow! Something about a shadowy sinister figure would make her much more terrifying and funny then seeing she actually looks like a sweet old/crabby old lady.

I'm not surprised at Zii throwing her weight around and reorganising Gary's life and apaprtment for him again. Despite being lovable, she really comes off as a manipulative bitch sometimes... which is why we all love her :D .

sebastian

Post by sebastian »

IS_Wolf wrote:Hmmm.. Is this heading for the Three's Company "solution", namely Gary having to pretend he's gay so that he can room with two women, without the prude landlord going all Dark Side on his ass?
Almost, except there will be Zii and Did that will pretend (pretend?) to be gay. ;)

sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Bear wrote: I'm not surprised at Zii throwing her weight around and reorganising Gary's life and apaprtment for him again. Despite being lovable, she really comes off as a manipulative bitch sometimes... which is why we all love her :D .
I think Zii is too blatant to be considered manipulative, she is just pushy. :D

vince3

Post by vince3 »

Waitaminute.

Aren't Gary and Zii still at DiDi's apartment that she just move out of?

Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Aren't Gary and Zii still at DiDi's apartment that she just move out of?
I don't think so. I think the whole shower thing took place at Gary's apartment.

I first thought "Mother" when I saw the silhouetted figure in the door… but maybe I just have mommy issues. Landlady makes more sense anyway.

Scary!
If you would be interested in a funny fantasy adventure webcomic, read Heroes of Lesser Earth now, before it becomes cool and everyone starts doing it!