7-31-08 Best friend in the world

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brnleague99
Location: Carrollton, Georgia (Otherwise Known As Downtown Hell)

Re: 7-31-08 Female bonding

Post by brnleague99 »

The running joke is...that all of Gary's roommates have sex together, right?

Food for thought.

;)
Anti-Yuki till the grave claims me...

Kid Kool (1988) for the Nintendo Entertainment System is GROSSLY underrated. Sure the concept could've been presented a little better, but it doesn't deserve the hate it gets in some circles.

Sination

Post by Sination »

dianekikiula wrote:
And ... and ... and ... your post had L attached to it! *squee*
You know, it's fitting, too. He's a voyeur. ;)
That bastard stole the way I sit.

Nobilis

Post by Nobilis »

What planet is she FROM?

semifamous

Post by semifamous »

There is but one disappointing thing about this strip...

It's only 3 days a week! Waaaah! :D

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

The third complaint I've seen from a fan of the series so far about "juvenile" content in a comic whose name is a slang term for a sexual threesome. That's like watching a Joss Whedon series and complaining when the romance ends badly. :lol:
Further affiant sayeth not.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

First off, I think telling people to "like it or leave it" should probably not continue. So a few people have some criticisms about the direction of the comic. They get their say as much as we get ours. They -are- comments intended for the betterment of the comic.

That said, there are some really interesting things going on here. The way Didi's eye is in the second panel makes me think she's egging Zii on for more than just friendly bonding reasons. Her choice of words reinforce that. "Really get in there" seems a little less than innocent. And "what are friends for", well, that's just blatant coercion. I'm almost convinced she knows exactly what she's doing, but when things happen like in the last panel (full faceplant into breast), she's still sincerely surprised. I mean, she probably expected a hands only approach. Though I don't blame Zii at all, that looks -really- comfortable. I wish I had pillows that soft. Man would I sleep well.

On the artful side, Zii has four different excellent expressions in this one. It's like an expression-gasm. And her hair style adds a lot to the nervously-surprised-and-excited face on panel 2. The horizontal ones make her eyes look wider, and the vertical ones make her jaw look lower.

Saturday's only two days away. What might happen? I think Gary will be in the next one, cut scene to him waiting out by the Wii (thought bubble madness), then Didi and Zii walking out laughing and talking like old friends. Two days to tell.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Esca

Post by Esca »

polarbear925 wrote:
brnleague99 wrote:
Esca wrote:ImageI'd look over the previous posts (7 hours, 5 pages? Really?) but I believe I already have the gist:

Boobs, fondling, and the "clever" spin on the phrase of "female bonding".

Come on, Dave and Gisele. Enough of the breasts and nudity. Get back to the story. :/
Esca doesn't speak for all of us!

Some of us are fine with bewbz n' nudity.

:D

Just sayin'.
What esca isn't cluing in on is that at this point, the breasts and the nudity ARE the story! She knows how to navigate away from the page if she has issues with it.

Two thumbs way up to Dave and Gisele for realizing that such curiosities go well beyond the teenage years. Fer chrissakes, we're (mostly) all adults here!
So am I. As for the story, refer to the below.
Bear wrote:Seriously... the comic is called 'Menage a 3' as in menage a trois... as in three people together being sexual... The first ever comic featured guy love over the couch and since then we've had multiple mentions of sex and or nudity... Yet every single issue of the comic has managed to be funny and keep everyone entertained... So what are people complaining about?

A little fan service every now and again is good, especially when its funny like this is. As has been said... if people aren't mature enough to handle the comic subject, or to accept we're going to get alot of probably nudity in the comic strip as its been done funnily for the situations, you don't have to read it.
I don't have a problem with the breasts or the nudity; originally, I laughed my ass off. It's just being overused (or trying to hard, for lack of a better description), imo of course. I mean, it's like getting a fresh pair of sneakers and wearing them all the time. Eventually, it's not going to be as cool or as interesting or as funny (shoes can be funny) as it would be if it were used only a few times.
The third complaint I've seen from a fan of the series so far about "juvenile" content in a comic whose name is a slang term for a sexual threesome. That's like watching a Joss Whedon series and complaining when the romance ends badly.
Refer to the above post.

Of course, this is all my opinion and opinions can be ignored.
Last edited by Esca on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Midgetshrimp, I believe you've pegged the next strip quite well. We can't have all this bazooma goodness going on without getting back to our boy Gary and figure out what's going on with him. He must be on the verge of a breakdown impatiently waiting to hear the outcome. I can just see Zii brushing off the "payment" of those Ultimate Dazzler comics with a pie-eyed look of exhiliration on her face.

Hopefully Zii will string him along for a while before letting him know what's going on. Or who knows, maybe he'll get an eyeful next time. We just have to wait and see.

Hmmmmm.....if I finish a few projects this weekend, I'll have to work on an amazon DiDi pin-up. Xena and Gabrielle take off perhaps?? :D
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Bear wrote:Seriously... the comic is called 'Menage a 3' as in menage a trois... as in three people together being sexual... The first ever comic featured guy love over the couch and since then we've had multiple mentions of sex and or nudity... Yet every single issue of the comic has managed to be funny and keep everyone entertained... So what are people complaining about?

A little fan service every now and again is good, especially when its funny like this is. As has been said... if people aren't mature enough to handle the comic subject, or to accept we're going to get alot of probably nudity in the comic strip as its been done funnily for the situations, you don't have to read it.
QFT. Besides, as others have pointed out, the boobies ARE the story! Zii and Gary want to know if Didi is really a girl, and what better way to find out than when Didi's naked? :D

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

Sination wrote:
dianekikiula wrote:
And ... and ... and ... your post had L attached to it! *squee*
You know, it's fitting, too. He's a voyeur. ;)
That bastard stole the way I sit.
Do you find that you're 40% more observant sitting like that? ;)

polarbear925

Post by polarbear925 »

midgetshrimp wrote:First off, I think telling people to "like it or leave it" should probably not continue. So a few people have some criticisms about the direction of the comic. They get their say as much as we get ours. They -are- comments intended for the betterment of the comic.

That said, there are some really interesting things going on here. The way Didi's eye is in the second panel makes me think she's egging Zii on for more than just friendly bonding reasons. Her choice of words reinforce that. "Really get in there" seems a little less than innocent. And "what are friends for", well, that's just blatant coercion. I'm almost convinced she knows exactly what she's doing, but when things happen like in the last panel (full faceplant into breast), she's still sincerely surprised. I mean, she probably expected a hands only approach. Though I don't blame Zii at all, that looks -really- comfortable. I wish I had pillows that soft. Man would I sleep well.

On the artful side, Zii has four different excellent expressions in this one. It's like an expression-gasm. And her hair style adds a lot to the nervously-surprised-and-excited face on panel 2. The horizontal ones make her eyes look wider, and the vertical ones make her jaw look lower.

Saturday's only two days away. What might happen? I think Gary will be in the next one, cut scene to him waiting out by the Wii (thought bubble madness), then Didi and Zii walking out laughing and talking like old friends. Two days to tell.
True enough. I guess I've been spending too much time on the American political boards lately and the rampant absolutism that stinks up those boards was beginning to rub off on me. Sure, the ever-present epic boobs might get old after a while (not bloody likely, but it could happen), but for now, we enjoy as one sees fit. I'm really liking how the story is shaping up so far. Way ta go, D&G!

I do foresee, however, that if any genuine haters were to rear their ugly heads in here, they'd get slapped silly with a considerable quantity of large fish (I, for one, have a freshly-caught whitefish in the freezer that might serve well in this regard).

Mocha

Post by Mocha »

Haha. I have a friend like Didi.

*digs through Photobucket*

Ah-hah!

That's my friend in the middle. That's me on the right in the brown shirt.

It certainly was a "bonding" picture. ;)

WangyJohn

Post by WangyJohn »

On the fanservice vs. plot discussion, well, this is a Teen 16+ comic, and any plot that would justify that without nudity would probably be some bullshit DWAMA, to paraphrase a friend.

I read MA3 because it's a fun, lighthearted Ecchi series (pardon my weeaboo), and sure, there can, and should be a good plot too. All the nudity so far, IMO, relates to the plot, unlioke in one comic I could name (but none of you would know/could read), where they just drop tits when they can't come up with punchlines.

sebastian

Post by sebastian »

OK, maybe the boobies, nudity & c. are becoming a little overused by now, but I don't think they sound forced yet, and as long as the art quality remain so high I'm not going to complain.Find a good and fun webcomic with well drawn boobies is not as easy as one could believe. ;) :lol:

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

WangyJohn wrote:On the fanservice vs. plot discussion, well, this is a Teen 16+ comic, and any plot that would justify that without nudity would probably be some bullshit DWAMA, to paraphrase a friend.
And thats the point I'm trying to make with it too. This is an 'adult' comic in the sense its intended for an older readership. You can't have one like that without touching on subjects like sex and nudity and other adult situations, like a menage a trois. *Points back to the comic title of said comic*.

However I do agree with Midgetshrimps view on things (not quoted to save space, Quote tree get annoying If overused), in that we shouldn't tell people 'like it or leave it'. But, people comming to a comic thats going to be about probable sexual situations, then complaining when there is one... Thats just not right.

However, I do agree that you can't have every issue just being Epic boobs / guy love / Canadian Beaver gags etc. So far the sex and nudity in the comic has served a point to further the story and our perceptions of the characters, therefore its okay in my veiw. So some of its has been a bit fan servicey, but its not been blatent in that we've been given something like a full frontal with nothing left to the imagination for no other reason then to get the fans off. Its been both funny, and had let is into the mindset of the characters, furthering the story. Therefore its good. Back to the point... if every issue devolved into naked DiDi wandering around for no purpose other then being naked I'd be disapointed and I'd not want to see the comic come to that. You can't overuse it or its gets dull and pointless and doesn't serve the story for anything more then a thousand 'OMFGZZZZ!!! BOoOoBBIEzzZZZ!' comments.

PS. Mocha: Nice illustration of the power of epic boobs and female bonding in the real world there ;)