Ton-chan

Re: 7-10-08 Let me do, Gary!

Post by Ton-chan »

Talk about an awkward moment. :oops:

And Dillon FTW! :lol:

Miss Blackwell

Post by Miss Blackwell »

I'm pretty sure Supergirl and Powergirl are 2 different characters... Kara is Superman's cousin, and Powergirl is like the misfit alternate universe version that isn't supposed to exist. But yes, I think more of Powergirl than Supergirl in this case. I think it'd be pretty great if DiDi were a girl but just very strong. I play roller derby with girls of varying sizes and builds and I have to say that some of the smaller girls can topple a really big girl with strategic positioning. Perhaps DiDi's just got really good strategies for using her body.

...You know, to lift things.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

I was reminded of a couple of books I read when I was a small. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren if I recall correctly. It was a story about a girl whose father was a sea captain and Pippi in some way got left behind at home with a horse and a monkey. She then made friends with a couple of neighbor kids and proceeded to get up to much mischief. Anyway, germaine to this conversation Pippi was also ferociously strong, as in able to lift her own horse or a fully loaded chest of gold and the like. Hmmm...I think I have the particulars correct, will have to look those books up again one day soon. Love revisiting old reads. :D
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

Azrael wrote:I was reminded of a couple of books I read when I was a small. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren if I recall correctly. It was a story about a girl whose father was a sea captain and Pippi in some way got left behind at home with a horse and a monkey. She then made friends with a couple of neighbor kids and proceeded to get up to much mischief. Anyway, germaine to this conversation Pippi was also ferociously strong, as in able to lift her own horse or a fully loaded chest of gold and the like. Hmmm...I think I have the particulars correct, will have to look those books up again one day soon. Love revisiting old reads. :D
You got a lot of the main points - she was better at hauling goods than the horse, in point of fact. She also disciplines herself when she's bad. IIRC, she'd give herself a good scolding in the mirror, and if the behavior persisted, she'd ground herself. And if she complained or threw a fit, she'd give herself a spanking.

Pippi was an odd little girl, and most precocious. And the subject of a couple of my earliest adolescent fantasies, I'm not ashamed to say. :D
Further affiant sayeth not.

Yen sid

Post by Yen sid »

Pneumonica wrote:
Azrael wrote:I was reminded of a couple of books I read when I was a small. Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren if I recall correctly. It was a story about a girl whose father was a sea captain and Pippi in some way got left behind at home with a horse and a monkey. She then made friends with a couple of neighbor kids and proceeded to get up to much mischief. Anyway, germaine to this conversation Pippi was also ferociously strong, as in able to lift her own horse or a fully loaded chest of gold and the like. Hmmm...I think I have the particulars correct, will have to look those books up again one day soon. Love revisiting old reads. :D
You got a lot of the main points - she was better at hauling goods than the horse, in point of fact. She also disciplines herself when she's bad. IIRC, she'd give herself a good scolding in the mirror, and if the behavior persisted, she'd ground herself. And if she complained or threw a fit, she'd give herself a spanking.

Pippi was an odd little girl, and most precocious. And the subject of a couple of my earliest adolescent fantasies, I'm not ashamed to say. :D
:shock: :? ;) :) :D :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
"Curse you, Teen Titans!" Impulse/Bart Allen