23-07-09 prince charming

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

vince3

Re: 23-07-09 prince charming

Post by vince3 »

Zii is going to need help with both DiDi and Sandra. Being the person to lean on for Sandra? Probably no problem. Being the person to lean on for DiDi? Might be able to. Having to be the rock for both DiDi and Sandra? *splat* Zii needs physical help with both of them, especially DiDi who probably outweighs her by at least 30lbs of pure muscle!

Ceomyr

Post by Ceomyr »

Gil Hamilton wrote:Wow, dick move, Dillon. One of Dillon's friends and another girl need scraped off the floor of a bar/club and taken care of, but he boots Zii out the door to handle two trashed people by himself to pursue a guy who isn't gay and isn't interested in experimenting. That's classy.
Don Alexander wrote:Dillon, you are a fucking bastard. :ymtongue:
Alright you two may do anything and everything for a friend, no matter what, but the majority of humankind won't. I'll know to call you two if I need to hide a body. ;)

To be fair, Did called for Zii's help not Dillon's, and in real life if my friends called me about this sort of thing I'd offer my sympathies and advise them to drink some water and call a cab.

My friends are big boys and big girls now. If they don't need my help, and it would be problematic to give it, they should fix their own messes. This goes especially if they can fix their own problems just as well. If they do need my help or if I can help them much more easily then they can, then we'll talk.
RoninAngel wrote:Well obviously, it's just that you don't get the same kind of melting pot kind of vibe that you do in America. All I have is my own scattered memories, but it just seemed more racially homogenious then the United States when I was there. Canada just seemed more European, you know? I remeber a lot of people spoke French and there was tons of French books at the libary. Do you guys have a large Hispanic population? Seriously , just how racially deverse is Canada? The only thing I remember was a large Native population as compared to the United States.

If the US is a melting pot, Canada is a salad bowl. How diverse the local backgrounds are depends where in Canada you go. We don't have that many hispanics though, about 1 in 100 people according to the 2006 census.
vince3 wrote:Zii is going to need help with both DiDi and Sandra. Being the person to lean on for Sandra? Probably no problem. Being the person to lean on for DiDi? Might be able to. Having to be the rock for both DiDi and Sandra? *splat* Zii needs physical help with both of them, especially DiDi who probably outweighs her by at least 30lbs of pure muscle!

Or they could sit down for a while, drink some water and help themselves walk out to a cab. What's so hard about that? Isn't that what most people will do in that situation?

Of course they could say, "fuck getting a cab, let's stroll through the empty streets and sing DIRTY SONGS! FOR COURAGE! FOR DIGNITY!" /:)
Customer: “Sucks to be you!”
Me: “Excuse me?”
Customer: *pulls his arm in front of his face like Dracula* “I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!”
Me: “Uh…are you looking for Dracula videos…?”
(At this point, we hear a car pull up.)
Customer: “AHH! WITNESSES! DRACULA, AWAY!” *runs out*
-unknown customer at New Hampshire video rental store, www.notalwaysright.com

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Well, that sure took an interesting turn.

Is there anybody Zii doesn't know?

'J'
A Figment of your Imagination

Post by 'J' »

Paul wrote:Is there anybody Zii doesn't know?
in the modern sense, probably. in the biblical sense, probably just gary didi and dillon.
vince3 wrote:Zii is going to need help with both DiDi and Sandra.
if gary is smart, he will recognize that as his excuse to get the fuck out of that room and escape dillon with his virginity intact.
Yet still, I live...

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Bwahahaa! :ymdevil: I called it that Zii would know the stripper. Looks like she frequents the club.

Pretty typical ebil Dillion move though throwing Zii out so that he can continue his little pursuit of Gary. I think that the poor boy will be too oblivious with his fantasy world to realise whats going on until its almost too late.

I can somehow see Zii bringing Sandra back with them and Dill and Sandra meeting each other again... that seems to be the logical next ebil step. :ymdevil:

cenaris

Post by cenaris »

No Gary, don't do it. It's a trap! He'll probably make you do something like clean the washing up!

And off goes Zii on a quest that will probably end up with her getting some lady booty.

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Probably for the best that Gary's so lost in his little fantasy that he didn't hear Zii. If he wen to the strip club his head would go all 'splodey.

Also, why am I not surprised that Zii's a regular at that club? :))
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

Ceomyr wrote:
Gil Hamilton wrote:Wow, dick move, Dillon. One of Dillon's friends and another girl need scraped off the floor of a bar/club and taken care of, but he boots Zii out the door to handle two trashed people by himself to pursue a guy who isn't gay and isn't interested in experimenting. That's classy.
Don Alexander wrote:Dillon, you are a fucking bastard. :ymtongue:
Alright you two may do anything and everything for a friend, no matter what, but the majority of humankind won't. I'll know to call you two if I need to hide a body. ;)

To be fair, Did called for Zii's help not Dillon's, and in real life if my friends called me about this sort of thing I'd offer my sympathies and advise them to drink some water and call a cab.

My friends are big boys and big girls now. If they don't need my help, and it would be problematic to give it, they should fix their own messes. This goes especially if they can fix their own problems just as well. If they do need my help or if I can help them much more easily then they can, then we'll talk.
Except that's not what Dillon's done. He's sent Zii out to help the drunken duo -- sent her in a way that could get him arrested for assault in real life, in fact. He pushed her to go deal with two extremely drunk women, one of whom is much bigger and stronger than Zii, on her own. Your "they're big girls, they should be able to take care of themselves" reasoning doesn't apply to Dillon's actions at all.
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable with "Dillon and Gary" due to Gary consistently losing his hold of reality. At first it was just someone with an overactive imagination, that's normal, but now it seems more in the lines of being "mentally impaired" :p , and to take advantage of him -because- he's in that state must break more than just one or two moral clauses somewhere!

Engy

Post by Engy »

GARY!

Sorry, someone had to do it...
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Ceomyr

Post by Ceomyr »

Makkabee wrote:
Ceomyr wrote: To be fair, Did called for Zii's help not Dillon's, and in real life if my friends called me about this sort of thing I'd offer my sympathies and advise them to drink some water and call a cab.

Except that's not what Dillon's done. He's sent Zii out to help the drunken duo -- sent her in a way that could get him arrested for assault in real life, in fact. He pushed her to go deal with two extremely drunk women, one of whom is much bigger and stronger than Zii, on her own. Your "they're big girls, they should be able to take care of themselves" reasoning doesn't apply to Dillon's actions at all.
Assault is another matter, and I think you should consider that it's probably a comedic overexaggeration and not literal, after all I highly doubt that Zii instantly stripped off her clothes and flew into the sky followed by Dillon and Gary who have transformed into angels for example. Take a close look at that panel where she's being kicked, Zii seems confused, not hurt, and she's flying, unless she's invulnerable and Dillon has super strength that is a pretty blatant exaggeration of "kicking someone out".

As for the 'they're big girls and boys', line of reasoning, that's in the case of my friends calling me. That's to explain it's fair to learn what your friends need and why and then dismiss their request for help if they can and should do it for themselves. Do you understand now? It applies to all cases of abstaining to help friends out of messes they created when they don't need your help. In this case Dillon is (sortof) not helping them, he told the person who was asked to go, and Dillon's not going along to help, even though he wasn't asked to help.

Dillon is not obligated to help clean other people's messes, even if they ask him, as I already established. Although, granted, if Dillon won't trouble himself to help out his hosts when he should, he'll be endangering his stay with them. They didn't ask for his help though, Didi asked Zii for her help. Followed by Carina adding the context and suggesting Zii pick her friends up.

Didi thought or hoped that Zii could help them. So Dillon pushed Zii out the door and told her vehemently that she must help her friends. Sorta like you're doing now in his case, even though both you and Dillon are wrong. Dillon is doing it because he's a crafty prince charming, not a prince of honesty, and he wants to get with Gary right now while he still has his opportunity and after he's worked to make this happen. You're probably doing it because you're in favor of high standards of loyalty among friends and that's not such a bad thing within reason, as I expressed implicitly in my last post.

Zii doesn't need to be bigger than the girls, by the way. The argument that Zii must have help because she's smaller than Didi doesn't hold up at all. She isn't kung fu fighting them into submission, she isn't going to picking them up like crates, she's going to be helping them and supporting them move to the car. She can drag them into her car one at a time if need be, and very likely she can get help from the patrons and/or employees there. Then she'll be driving them back, possibly pausing at a gas station to clean vomit out of her back seat.
Customer: “Sucks to be you!”
Me: “Excuse me?”
Customer: *pulls his arm in front of his face like Dracula* “I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!”
Me: “Uh…are you looking for Dracula videos…?”
(At this point, we hear a car pull up.)
Customer: “AHH! WITNESSES! DRACULA, AWAY!” *runs out*
-unknown customer at New Hampshire video rental store, www.notalwaysright.com

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Pier777 wrote:I'm feeling more and more uncomfortable with "Dillon and Gary" due to Gary consistently losing his hold of reality. At first it was just someone with an overactive imagination, that's normal, but now it seems more in the lines of being "mentally impaired" :p , and to take advantage of him -because- he's in that state must break more than just one or two moral clauses somewhere!
If nobody ever takes advantage of Gary while he's in a mentally impaired state, he'll never get laid.

yudantaiteki

Post by yudantaiteki »

Makkabee wrote: Except that's not what Dillon's done. He's sent Zii out to help the drunken duo -- sent her in a way that could get him arrested for assault in real life, in fact. He pushed her to go deal with two extremely drunk women, one of whom is much bigger and stronger than Zii, on her own. Your "they're big girls, they should be able to take care of themselves" reasoning doesn't apply to Dillon's actions at all.
Didi called Zii. Zii tells Dillon that she has to go pick them up because they're drunk. Dillon encourages her to quickly go (for his own reasons, of course). He didn't "send" her out; she was already going. There's nothing in the conversation that indicates his help would be needed.

Chiyosuke

Post by Chiyosuke »

My first impression of Dillon: "He is the most annoying gay character stereotype of all times."
Now: "OMG, i LOVE this sneaky little devil!"
Great job, Giz. As always.

Tiana

Post by Tiana »

RoninAngel wrote:@Daremo: That's what I'm thinking too. She must be Mexican or Spanish. Or maybe Puerto Rican? Do they have Puerto Ricans in Canada? I only rember whites and Native Americans (Canadians?) Although I was like 5 years old and didn't really care about such things. Could an actual Canadian provide a little wisdom to an ignorant honky? Pretty Please?
Oh, hai. Is this my first post? Being Canadian? Man, I thought my first post was going to be commenting that Yuki and Matt could get together. Lurkerdom is killing me...

Whites and Native "Americans". Then you were probably in and around my area. BC, Alberta and Saskatchewan gets that sort of vibe, definately. Up north? Even more definately. French Canadians around Quebec and Ontario, mixed with your ordinary white people from whatever ancestry... here we have a lot of Ukrainians, Mennonites (German/Spanish) and Native Americans, over more east there's more Europeans/French Canadians... on the islands they're more their own brand of Canadian...

Canada's real diversity is in the variety of types of 'Canadians' you get. Your generic white Canadians are different than the Newfoundlanders who are different than the French Canadians and depending on where you go, you'll get a totally different view of Canada. Where I live, we do have a lot of Spanish speakers, but they're Menonnites, and I'm fairly certain you wouldn't get those in a strip club. =P

EDIT: So it is my first post! Hello, forums! Been following the comic for months now... I'm not even into fanservice, sex and nudity and gratituious boob shot comics... but, anyway...

...But potential yaoi! Who's complaining? Not me! (eats popcorn)