23-07-09 prince charming

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Milnoc

Re: 23-07-09 prince charming

Post by Milnoc »

Engy wrote:GARY!

Sorry, someone had to do it...
We were already saying that from day one! You're slow to catch on! :)

Dillon would like you! :))

Engy

Post by Engy »

I am aware that people have been saying it since day one. It had, however, not yet been posted in this thread. I felt it should. Although, the correct phrase would be 'Gary! It's the same trap again!'. It's not like he would hear us anyway, until someone hits him over the back of his head.
Besides, I had not yet signed up on these forums yet when this arc started :D
Achievement Hunter, Software Engineer, retired competitive Team Fortress 2 Engineer, professional snarker.

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Daremo wrote:Eh, depends on where you're coming from. Italian, 'che carina', but as a name most sources list the Latin definition of 'Beloved'. Can also mean the keel of a ship. Parents for Moral Posting have filed a legal injunction to stop me from describing the mental imagery brought on by that last definition. But it was nice. :-bd

The name and the 'chica' makes me wonder if Carina is a latina.
Carina is just a wonderful name in my book. Depending on your dialect of Italian "carina" goes from anything from "cute" to "beautiful" to "beloved" (in the Italian class I took, the instructor tended to lean toward "cute", but she's from Abruzzo). I didn't know about the "keel of a ship", but I do know that "carina" in Sicilian refers to the small of one's back.

Clearly, Carina has an excellent back.
Ceomyr wrote:Alright you two may do anything and everything for a friend, no matter what, but the majority of humankind won't. I'll know to call you two if I need to hide a body.

To be fair, Did called for Zii's help not Dillon's, and in real life if my friends called me about this sort of thing I'd offer my sympathies and advise them to drink some water and call a cab.

My friends are big boys and big girls now. If they don't need my help, and it would be problematic to give it, they should fix their own messes. This goes especially if they can fix their own problems just as well. If they do need my help or if I can help them much more easily then they can, then we'll talk.
That's really not how it works. One of those facets of making friends in college or after, particularly when you make friends with girls, is that there is a significant chance that at some point, they are going to call you at an unfortunate hour and need a ride, because they've drunk themselves sick at whatever club/party/bar they went to and can't safely get home. Zii is lucky that she got the call in the afternoon rather than at 1:00AM when these thing usually occur.

You may not want to deal with drunk bullshit and it may be late with your eyes rolling out of your sockets because you think they were dumbasses for getting trashed, but your friends safety is the priority and giving them a ride is one of those thing you do to make sure they get home. After all, you are all in life together and you might need a ride yourself someday.

Dillon going "Hey, that's great, now get out of her so I can keep trying to bend this straight guy for my own selfish reasons" isn't cool. Zii might be able get DiDi and Sandra to collaspe into her van and get them home, but it would be a hell of a lot easier to do if Dillon and Gary came to help. Hell, Gary WOULD have come, knowing him, but he was too busy zoning out on Snow White and the Seven Well Hung Dwarves without anyone getting his attention. There isn't any escaping that Dillon was being a dick here. I mean, if he wanted to keep trying to disrespect Gary's wishes, he could do so at a latter time after his friend is safe and secure.

Someone Else

Post by Someone Else »

Didn't someone call on Zii knowing the stripper? Props to whoever that was.

Also, just want to say that Zii's eyes in the second panel are very pretty. =)

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Just to let my astro-geek knowledge hang out a bit... :-B

There is a constellation in the southern skies named Carina. It used to be part of a huge constellation Argo the ship, but that constellation got split up into several subparts, e.g., Velorum, the Sail, and Carina, the Keel. The two most famous stars in Carina are Alpha Carinae, better known as Canopus, and Eta Carinae, one of the most massive and luminous stars in the Milky Way galaxy, and the prototypical Luminous Blue Variable (LBV) star.

Now back to our regular Dillon gooshing/bashing program. ;)
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Someone Else wrote:Didn't someone call on Zii knowing the stripper? Props to whoever that was.
That was me :ymdevil:

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Don Alexander wrote:Just to let my astro-geek knowledge hang out a bit... :-B

There is a constellation in the southern skies named Carina. It used to be part of a huge constellation Argo the ship, but that constellation got split up into several subparts, e.g., Velorum, the Sail, and Carina, the Keel. The two most famous stars in Carina are Alpha Carinae, better known as Canopus, and Eta Carinae, one of the most massive and luminous stars in the Milky Way galaxy, and the prototypical Luminous Blue Variable (LBV) star.
That's really interesting. I knew about Eta Carinae, but I didn't connect it to the word "Carina". Thanks, Don! :)

Ceomyr

Post by Ceomyr »

Gil you make an excellent argument, and you're right, it does work like that sometimes. But that's only when you're a straight single guy concerning available female friends and they actually need a ride, plus you'd have to be the driver in this scenario, not the tag along.

Given that the premises of your argument don't apply in this case, and the girls can safely get home without you by taking a cab or by going with Zii, your argument, as excellent as it is, misses its mark. Friendship isn't about sacrificing intimate romantic moments to just tag along with a couple friends and a stranger because it might make their lives slightly more convenient.

Dillon is still being selfish with Gary, of course, I concede that to you. You're right. I've posted before that I suspected Dillon was interested in seducing Gary. Dillon knows that Gary wants to impress Didi (this is what learning to kiss was all about to begin with) and Dillon's keeping Gary there rather than telling him that he could go and help her, just as you pointed out.
Customer: “Sucks to be you!”
Me: “Excuse me?”
Customer: *pulls his arm in front of his face like Dracula* “I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!”
Me: “Uh…are you looking for Dracula videos…?”
(At this point, we hear a car pull up.)
Customer: “AHH! WITNESSES! DRACULA, AWAY!” *runs out*
-unknown customer at New Hampshire video rental store, www.notalwaysright.com

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

I have to say Zii got much better eyes now.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Ceomyr wrote:Gil you make an excellent argument, and you're right, it does work like that sometimes. But that's only when you're a straight single guy concerning available female friends and they actually need a ride, plus you'd have to be the driver in this scenario, not the tag along.

Given that the premises of your argument don't apply in this case, and the girls can safely get home without you by taking a cab or by going with Zii, your argument, as excellent as it is, misses its mark. Friendship isn't about sacrificing intimate romantic moments to just tag along with a couple friends and a stranger because it might make their lives slightly more convenient.

Dillon is still being selfish with Gary, of course, I concede that to you. You're right. I've posted before that I suspected Dillon was interested in seducing Gary. Dillon knows that Gary wants to impress Didi (this is what learning to kiss was all about to begin with) and Dillon's keeping Gary there rather than telling him that he could go and help her, just as you pointed out.
What does being straight and single have to do with anything, or the girls being available? It doesn't matter if your taken or they are taken or whatever; the purpose is helping out your friends who need it, not trying to score brownie points with available girls.

The fact is that two drunk people might be a bit much for Zii to handle, particularly if one or both decides to get petulant, and callously booting her out the door so he can attempt to do something selfish with Gary (who isn't interested and has made the clear plenty of times) is a dick thing to do. It's not like what Dillon is doing is an "intimate romantic moment", he's being a manipulative douche to Gary too.

Ceomyr

Post by Ceomyr »

Gil Hamilton wrote: What does being straight and single have to do with anything, or the girls being available? It doesn't matter if your taken or they are taken or whatever; the purpose is helping out your friends who need it, not trying to score brownie points with available girls.

That's because romance is often seen as greater or of equal importance to friendship. I first assumed your emphasis on women especially needing rides might have a selfish basis instead of the other alternatives. Why do you think women especially need friends to drive them around, Gil?
Gil Hamilton wrote:The fact is that two drunk people might be a bit much for Zii to handle, particularly if one or both decides to get petulant,

Yeah might be, in an uncommon scenario they could be, and having them be a bit much to handle might be a little aggravating. Most people successfully use designated drivers and cab rides without doing anything ridiculous though. Why are you so worried?
Gil Hamilton wrote:callously booting her out the door

Mmmhmm, how much of that is him being callous and how much is you reading into it though? He's sending her off to help. That hardly seems to fit him acting "callously". Ordering her yes, pushing her out the door yes, callous no.
Gil Hamilton wrote:so he can attempt to do something selfish with Gary (who isn't interested and has made the clear plenty of times) is a dick thing to do. It's not like what Dillon is doing is an "intimate romantic moment", he's being a manipulative douche to Gary too.

Gary may not be actually interested, but he's been clearly tempted and yeah they've kinda been having a special intimate moment together if you hadn't noticed.
Customer: “Sucks to be you!”
Me: “Excuse me?”
Customer: *pulls his arm in front of his face like Dracula* “I VANT TO SUCK YOUR BLOOD!”
Me: “Uh…are you looking for Dracula videos…?”
(At this point, we hear a car pull up.)
Customer: “AHH! WITNESSES! DRACULA, AWAY!” *runs out*
-unknown customer at New Hampshire video rental store, www.notalwaysright.com

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

I know people who would actually kick you out (well not literally as in this comic) to be with someone they have interest In. . Its mean but some people are like that :p he might have kicked her out, but its like when you say to a good friend 'shut up' with a smiling face or something like that, it doesnt mean you're pissed at them, you just joke about it. Friends being mean to friends sometimes is ok, cause they're not serious. O.o at least in some friendships. its different from person to person.

Zii doesnt have to CARRY both of the girls home, does she? She can ride a taxi to them and get some help from some people at the club? see? she's not helpless!
eeeek!

Undisclosed

Post by Undisclosed »

Should have known that Zii knew the stripper.Didn't somebody call this?
Gil Hamilton wrote:Wow, dick move, Dillon. One of Dillon's friends and another girl need scraped off the floor of a bar/club and taken care of, but he boots Zii out the door to handle two trashed people by himself to pursue a guy who isn't gay and isn't interested in experimenting. That's classy.

That's the whole point,so he can perform a dick move on Gary.
ImageThis signature is very pointless for you to be looking at.Image

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Undisclosed wrote:Should have known that Zii knew the stripper.Didn't somebody call this?
Bear wrote:
Someone Else wrote:Didn't someone call on Zii knowing the stripper? Props to whoever that was.
That was me :ymdevil:
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

badwolf

Post by badwolf »

Otaku201 wrote:
vince3 wrote:2. Zii is also a regular at that strip club (figures) and tries to give them money via her mouth (kinky!).
Well that's one interpretation.
That had me wondering, too...a couple of possible permutations and combinations of "grab that money from her lips," aren't there? Especially given Zii's hypersexual nature, and that it's a stripper saying it.

Of course, it could have just been lewd (and wishful) thinking on my part, too...:)