16-07-09 Shy girl

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

David Johnston

Re: 16-07-09 Shy girl

Post by David Johnston »

Amber-Amber's imaginary mother looks like Gary...wait...no she doesn't. She looks like Gary's MOM!

NikiPaprika

Post by NikiPaprika »

Ceomyr wrote:
Milnoc wrote: Is it legal to get a tattoo in Canada when you're under 18?

Presumably all individuals depicted sexually in this comic are at least 18, so if she's old enough to be shown having sex, then she's old enough to get inked.
I know that these rules don't apply in canada, but over here in scotland it's legal to have sex at 16, and despite the whole " They have to be 18 to be shown having sex" This does not (yet) apply to cartoon characters.
...So am I the only one who thought that she was thinking back to high school, and looked about 16/17?
Maybe that feels wrong for you guys over there, but it feels pretty normal for me :B
Makkabee wrote:What interested me most about this strip is that "Amber Amber" comes from money and knew Zii in school. Rich people often go to private school or attend public schools zoned to service very high-end neighborhoods. That implies (though of course does not prove) that Zii comes from a well-off family too. Now I want to know more about Zii's background.

Or the previous strip's flashback could be to college rather than high school. Some colleges still require a few credits of physical activity to graduate.
Hur hur hur hur! Physical activity indeed! :B
But now I'm convinced that perhaps it was a boarding school/college where they shared a room in that flash back.
...Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going away to continue fantasizing about it. xD

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

Oh Gary, you soppy romantic... :)) :x

Is Dillon serious or is he being over-dramatic/sarcastic?

I think the happy puppy drools because that's what puppies do, if not all the time, then frequently. No subtext. :)
(Well, beyond Gary's Madonna-Whore complex. Dear gods that guy need to get laid, if only for therapy's sake.)

And yes, Gary's imagination of Amber-Amber's mother does look like she could be Gary's mom. :))

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Suntiger wrote:And yes, Gary's imagination of Amber-Amber's mother does look like she could be Gary's mom. :))
But wouldn't that make Amber Gary's sister...

EWWWWWWWW!!!! :-o

Oh come on people! It's bad enough I suspected Zii and Amber were minors when they first hooked up together! But now Gary's fantasizing about "doin' it" with HIS SISTER?!?

What is this? Star Wars all over again?

Excuse me while I pour some bleach into my brain...

:p

Suntiger

Post by Suntiger »

You read way too much into that. Gary has not even met Amber's parents so he's just projecting. We're not even sure Gary's mother look anything like that woman. My comment was merely to agree with that, yes, her looks are enough like Garys that I can see how they could be related.
No real connection at all. You can safely put the brain bleach away. ;)

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Suntiger wrote:No real connection at all. You can safely put the brain bleach away. ;)
YURRSGH! TOO LATE! AGGA RAFF SSIWE! =p~

I smell burnt toast! :)

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

NikiPaprika wrote:
Ceomyr wrote: Presumably all individuals depicted sexually in this comic are at least 18, so if she's old enough to be shown having sex, then she's old enough to get inked.
I know that these rules don't apply in canada, but over here in scotland it's legal to have sex at 16, and despite the whole " They have to be 18 to be shown having sex" This does not (yet) apply to cartoon characters.
Canada's laws are even less restrictive.