06-06-09 Right Now!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Re: 06-06-09 Right Now!

Post by Paul »

Yup, Dillon's far more crafty than we thought.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

There's one huge flaw in that crafty plan. It's name is Gary. :p
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Ominous

Post by Ominous »

Didi looks like she has a Kirby face in panel 3.
Didi absorbs Lita and becomes a catgirl.
Didi absorbs Dillon and becomes Black Canary.
Didi absorbs Zii and becomes a hot as hell rock n roll chick.
Didi absorbs Gary and becomes a hot comic nerdette.
Didi absorbs Eulice and becomes... OH DEAR GOD IT BURNS!

Lukeblast

Post by Lukeblast »

tareacel wrote:Here's the thing about why I think Matt's such an ass.

You're *assuming* they broke up just as much as the rest of us are assuming they *didn't*. Like you said, there's no way to know. Although honestly, I'd be surprised if they did. I can see Dillon throwing a scene, but I can't see him going "OMFG I AM LEAVING YOU FOREVAR FU BAI!" and just storming out. That is, if he threw a scene at all. He may have just, in shock, turned around and walked right back out and gone back over to Gary's.
For two weeks? Oh yeah, Matt's probably expecting Dillon to show back up any time now.

I might be off-base, but I find it much more likely that two weeks is a breakup than "on a break" or "time to think" or "need to cool off" or what-have-you.
But as to how into their relationship Matt seemed to be, if you look back at the beginnings of this comic, he seemed to be just as eager for Dillion as Dillon was for him.
And? I think a person would be hard-pressed to find budding relationships that don't display some form of eagerness. Whether that eagerness continues is another matter. Matt seems to be pretty eager for Sandra right now too...
Plus the time when Matt came in and discovered nekkid Zii and Dillon, his dialogue went something like "I got those pastries we like from the bakery. I wanted us to eat them hot together." That's a rather sweet gesture, plus all the "we" talk in that sentence leads me to believe that he was not unhappy in their relationship.
Actually... the first thing he says is "Can I join in?" http://www.menagea3.net/d/20081129.html

In the next strip, it's revealed that Dillon left him waiting outside (while he rolled around in photos with a naked girl, no less), and sure, Matt took initiative to get breakfast and wanted them to eat it together... "but I stumbled onto something hotter", he says while undressing.

Finding his partner with someone else doesn't bother Matt in the slightest. His first and only reaction is to be a part of it. There's no recognition that the relationship has any boundaries that he might be crossing. It is Dillon who calls a halt to the festivities, seemingly taken aback that his boyfriend didn't bother to ever say "hey, I like girls too". For Dillon, romping naked with Zii wasn't truly sexual, but to Matt, that's all it is, and Dillon doesn't seem comfortable with that.
I think it's telling, actually, that he cheated on Dillon rather than just dumping him after the desire for men waned and was subsumed for the time being by his desire for a woman. That means, to me, that there *had* to have been some deeper feelings for Dillon on his side.
Or that like many people, he just stayed in a relationship he wasn't happy with anymore and tried to get more on the side.

Again, I'm not trying to justify him being a cheater. However, the signs do point to him not being terribly committed in the first place, they do suggest that there was a breakup, and as such, I can't hold Matt accountable for not sitting by the phone in tears, waiting for Dillon to call and tell him all is forgiven.

Lukeblast

Post by Lukeblast »

Gil Hamilton wrote: Here is the Matt hate: it actually doesn't matter much a person's past. Dillon could have been a slut in the past and not exactly the paragon of relationship ethics... however, that STILL doesn't mean you get to cheat on that person behind their back.
I never said it did... although if Dillon does have a history of encouraging cheating, I think the commitment in his character is somewhat questionable. Does it justify being cheated on? Of course not- Dillon is the victim here, no doubt. His example isn't the best, but he's not at fault. I was merely pointing out that Matt cheating once made him the object of hate, while Dillon causing cheating 27 times was a punchline.

The main thing I'm trying to figure out is why Matt is STILL an ass in some people's eyes because he decided to move on, rather than stay in a relationship that he wasn't committed to. So he's not trying to get back with Dillon, and so he's still nailing Sandra... So what? I've seen nothing that suggests it's out of his character. In fact, it seems to follow right along with it.

Hate him for cheating? Sure. Continue to hate him because he's not fulfilling romantic cliches that he never seemed that attached to in the first place? I'm not getting that part.
Unfortunately, she's forgotten the rule... if you can steal someone away from a relationship, then chances are someone can steal that person away from you. Girl is going to get crushed by Matt.
I agree. As I said, I don't think she should trust him. I just hope the sex is good for her while it lasts, and that she drops him first.

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

I do want to point out that Dillon, while dressed as The Black Canary, was sucking face with The Green Arrow. Does anyone know if those two are supposed to have a relationship? If not, then Dillon plays around just as much as Matt. Then there is the Dillon/Zii photo incident. People are automatically making assumptions about Matt and Dillon's relationship.

And for the love of Mike, its a COMIC. Good lord, its supposed to be FUNNY. :-t
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Black Canary and Green Arrow have been involved since the mid-70s in the comics, and got married a little over a year ago (and he came close to proposing to her twice before - once during Grell's run, once just after he came back from the dead), so, the assumption is that Dill kissing 'Arrow' is part of the play, not cheating on Matt.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

tareacel

Post by tareacel »

**shrug**

Honestly I'm still just POed at him for cheating. I'm not (and never was) expecting him to "be sitting by the phone in tears". It simply was, as someone said early on, a kick in the balls for anyone hoping that they'd get back together to see Matt and Sandra still fucking, to see that it wasn't a one-time fling. Whether he and Dillon *officially* broke up or not isn't something I care that heavily about. Matt's still an asshole for cheating, and he's an asshole for cheating *repeatedly*, and he's an asshole for lying to his lover.

And he's gonna be even MORE of an asshole when he does the same thing to Sandra. Who I worry about. Her drinking already seems to be a slight problem... #-o Someone go ahead and call AA plz...

~Tareacel

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Awwwww DiDi looks sooo cute in the 3'rd panel I want to hug her so much!
The 4th too in some weird way. Best strip ever :))
I hope Sandra breaks up with that jackass
eeeek!

Papuasblya

Post by Papuasblya »

Asaryu wrote:Was that a pun, Paps? ;;)
Not a pun, what do call it when something is spelled the same backwards and forwards?
They call me Mr. Sensitive...

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

Palindrome.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Zayzie

Post by Zayzie »

Okay a few things are bothering me, because people ARE making assumptions about the relationships.

First of all, everyone is assuming that Didi has a thing for Zii, when it could be as simple as Zii hurt Didi's feelings because it appears as though she can jump on any random. Didi I think, is not jealous of Dillon and Zii getting it on, but the fact that Zii can get it on so quickly with whoever she wants while Didi has never had an orgasm before.

This scenario makes more sense to me because Didi hasn't really shown a clear head in all this, and isn't terribly bright- I don't see how people could just skim over this. However Didi isn't common sensically dumb, so it doesn't seem like her to fall madly in love with just any girl because of an excellent kiss, especially after she said she wouldn't try to hit on Zii. So I think Didi's jealousy is more about being sexually frustrated, than it is about being into Zii.

Next is Dillon and Matt. Who says it wasn't an open relationship? Remember, Dillon doesn't bend both ways, so it could be possible he's letting Matt and Sandra get it on because of that. If Matt was cheating on him with another guy, well, I'm sure there would be three people over at Dillon and Matt's place not two. I think it could be as simple as Dillon not wanting to join in, because it would seem like to me that they have a VERY open relationship from the way they've acted throughout the comic thus far.

That's just my speculation about all this :/ It's kind of bugging me that people are jumping to the "THEY LOVE EACH OTHER" cliche with everyone. Matt and Dillon aren't married and Didi has some common sense under that blonde head of hers, mixed in with some stereotypical blonde slowness.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

Zayzie wrote:Okay a few things are bothering me, because people ARE making assumptions about the relationships.

First of all, everyone is assuming that Didi has a thing for Zii, when it could be as simple as Zii hurt Didi's feelings because it appears as though she can jump on any random. Didi I think, is not jealous of Dillon and Zii getting it on, but the fact that Zii can get it on so quickly with whoever she wants while Didi has never had an orgasm before.

This scenario makes more sense to me because Didi hasn't really shown a clear head in all this, and isn't terribly bright- I don't see how people could just skim over this. However Didi isn't common sensically dumb, so it doesn't seem like her to fall madly in love with just any girl because of an excellent kiss, especially after she said she wouldn't try to hit on Zii. So I think Didi's jealousy is more about being sexually frustrated, than it is about being into Zii.
Good point! Didi could just be upset that Dillon seems to be a better kisser than her, too. With her face covered in drool, and the request for her camera, Zii might have given Didi the impression that she likes kissing Dillon more than her. The thread is called Swirls of Envy... so this could all just be about who's the best kisser, I suppose. And Didi was cooking for Zii specifically to reward her kissing prowess... so that would make sense.

Does all of this mean that Gary is about to bring in the Star Power?? Will he step up? Will it take a lesson from Dillon first? Or will he man up on his own?... :-?

Find out in the next exciting episode of Ma3! :p

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

*sigh* --Noobs! Moving on.
This Image both the first and fourth panel had me in stitches; Still, happen to be convinced Dillon's got this one in the bag. Oh, and second panel looked soo wrong on multiple levels. Somebody enjoys sloppy kisses...a big ew in my book! =((

People! Please it should be pretty appearant now that we "matt fans", do no longer give two flying f--k @ the haters bitching over the mistreatment towards Dillon from Matt. Let a playa-play! So what if the Canadian bisexual's getting his rocks off doing chicks instead of only...um...men! All l know is is about accomplishing a goal; Sexual Nirvana! [angry fanboy senses tingling!]

I'm so lost regarding the going on in the storyline now. Only got just this bit!
Last edited by oni on Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

DiDi's attitude is a bit annoying. Her, of all people, getting hurt and annoyed over someone who kissed her kissing someone else? At least Zii remembers her name.
I don't think we've seen DiDi be anything other than serially monogamous, however. Zii doesn't understand the concept.
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."