30-05-09 Twenty-seven

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

mayhemeffect

Re: 30-05-09 Twenty-seven

Post by mayhemeffect »

Marque'd wrote:I somehow doubt that Dillon's actually seduced all those men, and far more likely he's trying to just seduce Gary. If it was foolproof, why didn't he try it on him before?
Because he does care for Gary. You don't care if a trick respects you in the morning, only if they make breakfast. A lover is something else.

Dispite some outward appearances, Dillion seems to truely desire romance.
Hugs & Curses

PrickOfDestiny

Post by PrickOfDestiny »

Lita likes yaoi too!
Image Launched!

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

I see Dillon's line of "seeing what we're up against" meaning that he is going to kiss Zii, since she is the one (The One?) with the super kiss so far as we know. Activating DiDi's latent lesbianism with one smooch should provide a good battle versus the 27 lover liplock. Also, take the minds out of the gutter just a little... he's going to teach Gary how to kiss, doesnt necessarily mean he's going to be going full on attack mode. Probably show him the *kissing hand* technique first...
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

The best part is Gary petting the cat. That's great he likes the cat now.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

It's hilarious that Dillon can brag about his conquests one second and then go straight into, "I'd do anything for you." Either he's totally playing Gary here, or he's the silliest person ever, and I'd start to wonder about his level of sanity. I doubt he has real feelings for Gary, on account of him mothering Zii as well, just moments ago, but who knows?...

As for Lita: :D (She seems uncomfortable with the idea... could it be she's jealous? Does she want Gary all to herself? :p )

P.S. Notice Dillon's expression when he says 27? He's anything but happy there. I think he feels bad about being a playa. He must be going through a lot of shit right now. So obviously, he's not the silliest person ever. But he's not very easy to read, either. All of his grandiosity makes it hard to figure him out.
Last edited by HotlyContested on Sat May 30, 2009 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.

NobodySpecial

Post by NobodySpecial »

This is going to be wrong on so many levels I can't count. And they're both really basic levels, too.

:ymdevil:
"I've always been mad. I know I've been mad like the most of us have. Sometimes I don't know if I'm mad even if I'm not mad." - Jerry Driscoll

"If love is the answer, you're home."

tareacel

Post by tareacel »

Torn is, I believe, an understatement.

Dillon looks, in the first panel... well, he looks like he's scared, almost. He's definitely weighing some very deep feelings and the possibilities that go with them. Scared of what he's admitting, scared of what he's about to do... but I'd wager it's that he's scared of what he's feeling. Of course, he almost immediately goes into cute mode to cover it up, but it's like the first strip with him in the apron. We get one flash of Dillon without the mask, and then it slams back up. I, as well, believe that Dillon has much more than just a little crush on Gary. They've known each other since high school, apparently, and honestly? I'm not sure I'd be surprised if Dillon hasn't had feelings for him since then. Seducing 27 straight men? I'd lay bets that all of them, in some respect, reminded him of Gary and that he's been trying to sate his desire that way. Also, I gotta wonder whether Matt was one of the 27. /:)

So when I say Dillon looks scared, it could be he's scaredof what he's confessing to ( making 27 men cheat on their girlfriends? That's not very admirable.) and that Gary will call him on it... But I think that the feelings he's repressed for so long are clawing their way up, and THAT'S what he's scared of. He's scared of making a move on Gary because he knows he may ultimately lose him, hence why everything else in this strip is colored with that playfulness. "What? Me? I 'm not trying to make a move on you, silly. I don't actually love you! I'm trying to help out my bestest best friend EVAR!!<3 <3 " Also, I think he's scared because he DOES still love Matt, too, and he's weighing the fact that he might be about to cheat on his lover with his best friend, and possibly lose them both. Eep.

~Tareacel

Makkabee

Post by Makkabee »

No no Dave, it's a trap! An obvious trap!

Unless... he actually secretly wants to be trapped. After all, why should Didi get all the newly bisexual fun?
"What Makkabee said." -- Giz

randonimity

Post by randonimity »

Long-time reader/lurker, first time poster. I'm not posting to gush over the awesome of the comic (because that's just stating the obvious) but I wanted to ask if Dillon was serious about seducing these straight men from their girlfriends and whether he seduced them with the knowledge they had girlfriends.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

My favourite numbers were forty-two, and thirty-seven.

Now there's a new number. Twenty-seven. :)

Dillon probably has the best yaoi look of any yaoi male I've seen in any form, a male with just the right amount of female attractiveness without looking too girly. It makes his claim of successfully seducing straight men actually believable.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Marque'd wrote:I somehow doubt that Dillon's actually seduced all those men, and far more likely he's trying to just seduce Gary. If it was foolproof, why didn't he try it on him before?
When I drove home this morning ,shortly after the comic was posted, I had a thought... I was sure someone would post it five minutes later, but you're the closest to it. I do wonder if Dillon is lying. Inventing this story, this "magic kissing technique", just to get to kiss Gary...
I also wonder, if he really managed to kiss 27 straight guys into nights of passion, how did he get away from the other 100 who wanted to kill him for trying that?? Maybe Dillon has a good gaydar and only advanced on those where he felt they were bi or at least bi-curious (perhaps even without knowing so themselves).
Next thing I wonder about is how straight Gary really is. His reactions to Dillons advances so far indicate that he isn't a homophobe... But still, I can't help but thinking that if he realizes the one person to actually love him is a guy... That just might send him totally over the edge. :-s
Marque'd wrote:Then again, if he has done that, it'll probably work on Gary too. xD; You know what'd be funny? If Matt and Dillon, after Dillon found out about Matt's...erm, discrepancies, made a deal that he could go seduce a person in payment, that person being Gary, whom Dillon has always wanted. XDDDD;
Well, the Law Of Gag makes it pretty clear that there is a good chance that Dillon and Gary WILL kiss - and that this will be the setup for someone to open the door and come in right that moment. Seeing the storyline is named "Swirls of Envy"... It could be Zii or DiDi, but I don't think they'd be really hard hit. But it could be Matt having come over to apologize to Dillon, maybe having split up with Sandra...
And BAMMMM! :ymdevil:
tareacel wrote:Also, I gotta wonder whether Matt was one of the 27. /:)
Hardly. Recall, Dillon seemed highly suprised when Matt stated that he was bi. That would hardly be the case if Dillon had seduced him away from the Straight Side of the Path...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

HAHAHA oh my god I just knew this would happen =))
Its settled he's into Gary allright XD
I think Dillion is so sweet
eeeek!

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Ares B wrote:To state the obvious,
Brilliant!
That's what I was thinking.

Um... and to the person who said that "they must have been a little curious to have let Dillion kiss them in the first place," it's called "ALCAHOL". It's a magical drink where the amount you consume is directly proportonent to the amount of sexual experimenting you are willing to do. ;)
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Dillon in the first panel seems more so to be contemplating and really grinding the wheels in his mind. The "27", being him wording out what he's thinking.

i love Gary's face. "@_@"
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tus

Post by Tus »

"Why sure Gary! I'll make out with you- erm, teach you how to be a good kisser! :D.....................:D..................... :-* "

....I kinda really hope Gary falls for it.

*WAITS TO SEE*