28-05-09 Strictly into guys

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Milnoc

Re: 28-05-09 Strictly into guys

Post by Milnoc »

JerrBear wrote:So when is Dillon going to offer practice kissing to Gary? /:) :ymdevil:
I was thinking the exact same thing! :)

Now however, I'm starting to get a bit worried. Gary appears to be slipping into a bout of depression. Could his inability to get laid get the better of him and make him contemplate something catastrophic like, say, suicide?

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

Dillon, Dillon, Dillon, Dillon!

What did we say about censoring the last 2 sentences of everything you say!
Dumbass. b-(
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

Is it just me, or has Gary either overcome his allergies to Zii's cat, or is he taking a REALLY strong anti-allergen medication now? I'm almost up to the conclusion that the farther down in depression, the less effect from his physical afflictions he feels.

Since Gary's tolerance levels to events is inhumanly high, this must be the only way he can react, by going into depression. I'm in agreement that he need to snap out of it as well.
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

lxk wrote:Is it possible that Matt cheated on Dillon as some kind of misguided retaliation?
I doubt it, since Matt's reaction to finding Dillon and Zii "together" wasn't "ZOMG YOU CHEATER!", it was "HAWT! I PLAY, TOO!"
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Higher standards...not highest.

There's no such thing as the "best" woman out there from any kind of empirical standpoint. That notion is absurd and insulting to people (not just women). There is just the ones that makes you happy in this space time.

I haven't actually seen much evidence that Gary wants anything more than just sex at this stage. I've given him the benefit of the doubt, but to me it seems that all he wants is to get his end in...that in and of itself is a sign of gross immaturity. Now, I'm not enough of a pedant to go back through the archives, so I'll let proving me wrong be someone elses job.

I myself am dating a virgin (soon to lose that title..he heh) even though a while ago I told myself that teaching boys how to play well wasn't going to be my job and you know why? Many reasons, but the ones that are relevant for this discussion: He's a lovely guy who likes me for me, has standards and didn't take the first piece of ass to come his way, still shorts out a little about sexy things but doesn't let it affect his interactions as a decent human being (or a conscious one), and he's not just willing, but adamant that we wait a little while to make sure that we're right for each other rather than just jumping into bed cos he's that blue-balled. He makes me feel special cos I'm not just his chance at losing his virginity, I'm a person he loves and cares for and who he wants to spend time with outside of the bedroom.

That, my friends, is what Gary lacks.
Tenjen wrote:
David Johnston wrote: Interested in Gary for what he is? Gary is a not particularly bright comic book geek with gynophobia. His only selling point is having a nice body.
This goes along with his development into a stronger person. Obviously Asaryu didnt mean his current self, as she was deriding him current self.
We've seen precious little of his current self at this point. He's spent most of his time passed out. But he's got a personality, that much is for sure. And lots of chicks dig geeky guys. I can point to several women I know both on and offline that dig geeky artist types. I know I do. That's practically a requirement for me. More than that, he's a nice guy. Now if he can stay conscious long enough to show that he's a nice guy to a lady who catches his physical and emotional fancy, then chances are that they'll get along swimmingly.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Asaryu wrote: Gary needs to get a backbone, and get some standards. No girl feels special when the only reason you like her is that she exists, has tits, and is in your general area. From the point of view of someone who is a lot like Zii, but who gets every Gary-boy fawning over her just because she's female and comfortable enough with sex not to run screaming from the room: it's not pretty.
Speaking from a guy's POV, the reason Gary-boys fawn over Zii-like girls is because Zii-like girls seem far more approachable than, say, the prom queen. Sure, some of it might be 'maybe she'll let me do her', but some of it also 'she'll let me talk to her!'.

So from their point of view, Zii-girl IS special because she's not a stuck-up bitch. ;)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

See...that's another thing I don't understand about America.

You have sponsored popularity contests in high school. Who thought that was a good idea?
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Asaryu wrote:See...that's another thing I don't understand about America.

You have sponsored popularity contests in high school. Who thought that was a good idea?
Probably someone popular.

chelonianmobile

Post by chelonianmobile »

Y'know, this comic is doing a very good job of slowly affirming my asexuality. Apparently dating, or indeed having any sort of bodily or verbal contact with any human being at all, is a complete nightmare.

Also, I repeat my opinion that it's becoming less a Menage A 3 than a Menage A Entire City.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Asaryu wrote:See...that's another thing I don't understand about America.

Student union presidents. You know, the ones who already won a popularity contest?

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

See...in my high school, the student union presidents were chosen for competance and ability.

I suspect Gary would not have made the cut in either case. *sigh*

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Okay, I gotta ask...how exactly did that selection process work?:)

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

We were a sensible grade.

There was a nomination process, and the student nominated had to give a speech to the grade about what direction they wanted to school to go in. We knew they had to liase with other schools as well for certain fuctions, and they had to gives speeches and organise events and such, so the requirements of the job they had to do were made clear. We ended up choosing the Dux from the year before, and a girl who got extremely good grades and spoke well. I didn't know her well (we had over 220 people just in our grade, we were the smallest grade in the school, and there were 6 grades), but she did a fantastic job.

The school didn't want some moron barbie princess and some ineloquent blockhead to do the job, so they made sure that every stage of the process was conducted with integrity.

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Asaryu wrote:We were a sensible grade.

There was a nomination process, and the student nominated had to give a speech to the grade about what direction they wanted to school to go in. We knew they had to liase with other schools as well for certain fuctions, and they had to gives speeches and organise events and such, so the requirements of the job they had to do were made clear. We ended up choosing the Dux from the year before, and a girl who got extremely good grades and spoke well. I didn't know her well (we had over 220 people just in our grade, we were the smallest grade in the school, and there were 6 grades), but she did a fantastic job.

The school didn't want some moron barbie princess and some ineloquent blockhead to do the job, so they made sure that every stage of the process was conducted with integrity.
There's nothing terribly different about that compared to the school I went too. If it wasn't a popularity contest for your class, good on ya'll, but there's nothing there that inherently selection on that basis from occurring.

Funny thing, though...our elections were very much popularity-biased, but we never had a ineloquent blockhead or a barbie princess. Our popular folks usually weren't stupid, they were just way too conventional, not quite as intelligent as some of the folks who'd have never got elected, and the most ambitious of the bunch.

One doesn't have to be an idiot to be Student Council president, though it might sometimes help.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

Our president was a gay arab who liked to sing abba, performed in school musicals and did competative speeches on topics that were likely to get him teased. I think he liked to try to provoke the most xenophobic attitudes in people, just so he could be joyous when they didn't take the bait. He was also one of my best friends. I don't remember if I voted for him or not, though.

The teachers and staff used to take an active interest in the process as well, so we were reminded frequently, in ways that werent condescending, of the purpose of the election. There was no advertising allowed. People had to get through on the strength of their own applications. From memory (and we're going back a way) the speeches ended with a Q&A session ...and we were an unforgiving grade when it comes to disappointing us. I suppose it was a school culture thing as well. We had such pride in ourselves about our image and our strengths...from what I hear that went down the toilet after our grade left though.