26-05-09 K-kindof...

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Caswaltz

Re: 26-05-09 K-kindof...

Post by Caswaltz »

I'm imagining that the next strip would have Gary sitting back down with that expression as everyone goes about their business with him just mute and motionless. Then last panel Zii steals his waffles.

hphoenix

Post by hphoenix »

Okay, it is now official....I don't like Zii anymore.

She seems to have NO regard for the feelings of others, or the consequences of her actions. She seems completely selfish, manipulative, and self-serving to the extreme. She acts like a spoiled child....only concerned about what she wants, and the most expedient way to get it, regardless of who might get hurt.

I don't think Didi means what Gary is hearing. I think she's indicating (though not very well) that he 'kind-of' kissed her in that she kissed him and caught him off guard (remember, she's already had that pointed out to her, by Zii, though Zii only did it to stop her potential female hotty playmate from cutting her hair off.) The trouble is that Gary is thinking she means it as "it wasn't much of a kiss."

....and Zii is too busy gloating over her preferential treatment to apparently even notice. Nope, don't like her anymore. She's going to have to do a LOT of growing up real quick before I'll like her again. Girls like her are what make high-school such hell on the less-than-popular kids. And as a small-chested, narrow-hipped goth chick into geeky things, I'm betting she wasn't one of the 'in' crowd in High School either.....so she should KNOW better than to be like this.

As for Dillon.....he's just going for the submissive role. He is feeling very girly, having gotten the role he got for the play.....but he's always tried to help out Gary too, as a friend. He should intervene on behalf of his friend quickly.....if he can stop serving spoiled Zii long enough to....

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I don't think it's fair to think that Zii is a bad person for letting herself be treated well. I think our reactions to the comic tend to come from over-analysing it for 2 days before we get the next one.

Who knows what will happen next strip. I don't think it's fair to write off a character, or a person, from their obliviousness to an exchange that's happening at the same time as other, more distracting things.

Besides, it's not Zii's job to look after Gary. They've only known each other for 2 weeks. We're lucky she gives a damn at all...I certainly wouldn't yet.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

HotlyContested wrote:Wicked. I agree totally. Didi's honesty may sting, but if she avoided the subject entirely, he'd probably still agonize over it anyway, so it wouldn't help.
And yet, Didi won't hesitate to lie to her lovers about how great they are in the sack. Why should Gary be any different over a kiss? Didi is still unsatisfied.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

Milnoc wrote:And yet, Didi won't hesitate to lie to her lovers about how great they are in the sack. Why should Gary be any different over a kiss? Didi is still unsatisfied.
She was starting to get pretty cross with them and their lack of stamina. (Remember the finger?) Anyway, yeah, she did go easy on whats-his-name that one time. Maybe she's losing patience? Or maybe this is all a dream-within-a-dream. I haven't given up hope on that yet, either. :)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Milnoc wrote:
HotlyContested wrote:Wicked. I agree totally. Didi's honesty may sting, but if she avoided the subject entirely, he'd probably still agonize over it anyway, so it wouldn't help.
And yet, Didi won't hesitate to lie to her lovers about how great they are in the sack. Why should Gary be any different over a kiss? Didi is still unsatisfied.
Gary isnt a lay, he's a friend. And we dont know if she lied to them as much as just didnt say anything. They probably didnt even care and were happy they got a good fuck and went on their way.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

Tenjen wrote:Gary isnt a lay, he's a friend. And we dont know if she lied to them as much as just didnt say anything. They probably didnt even care and were happy they got a good fuck and went on their way.
"Your honor, may I present to the court evidence corroborating Miss Didi's penchant to lie to her lovers, dated October 16, 2008, and November 13, 2008."

"In the first strip, we can clearly hear without direct observation what appears to be descriptive screams of pleasure.

"But later in the night, we notice Miss Didi does NOT display the type of expression we would expect from a woman who has had a 'good time', unlike the expression on her male companion's face, an individual who is lying right next to her."

"But the most damning evidence your honor, is Miss Didi's admission that she has never experienced an orgasm while in passionate embrace with another man! A confession dated March 14, 2009!"

"So answer me this Miss Didi. How is it you find it so easy to lie to your lovers, but have no qualms about telling the truth to Mr. Gary knowing full well how much the realization of his lack of passion would hurt him so deeply?"

"Miss Didi, may I remind you that you are under oath."

LocalYokel

Post by LocalYokel »

BURRRN!!! #-o

Uh, yeah. Zii is getting waayy too comfy. And smug, can't forget smug.
I'm all for dropping her "totally cute butt" off at the nearest squat house, hand her $20, a meth kit to shoot up with and bid her adieu. We'll see how smug she is after her cheeks hollow out a bit.

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Where is anybody getting the idea Didi's lies to her lovers?

She does enjoy sex with boys, they've just never made her come. So vocally enjoying her sex with Eric, or whatever the heck his name was, is not lying.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

may i present to you my objection. On grounds on misanalysis.
Milnoc wrote: "In the first strip, we can clearly hear without direct observation what appears to be descriptive screams of pleasure.
http://www.menagea3.net/comics/mat20081016.png
These arent fantastic screams of pleasure pertaining to Didi enjoying the event thoroughly. These are more screams of pleasure of Didi trying to get her lover to go on longer because as being said by him "didi i cant, iam gonna" "i..icant feel the left side of my body", her partner isnt lasting long enough to satisfy her. She's pushing him on by calling him her stallion and champion but he isnt making it. No where in this dialogue do we see her lying to him. Pleasure during sex is different from achieving orgasm. Her partners arent lasting long enough to even satisfy the Journey, let alone get near the end of the path. The dudes whispering and she's shouting, trying to keep up the pace, keep him going. To no aail.

she sounds desperate. This is happened before and she see's the same thing happening now. They're practically jsut started and he's talking about not being able to make it.
http://www.menagea3.net/comics/mat20081113.png

"But later in the night, we notice Miss Didi does NOT display the type of expression we would expect from a woman who has had a 'good time', unlike the expression on her male companion's face, an individual who is lying right next to her."
Thats because, as can be surmised by the last panel. She didnt get a good time. The frikkin reel in the cinema snapped short and the movie was cut off at the start. As from waht he said, he probably came mere moments after Zii and Gary left.

We see no evidance of lying here as well.
"But the most damning evidence your honor, is Miss Didi's admission that she has never experienced an orgasm while in passionate embrace with another man! A confession dated March 14, 2009!"

http://www.menagea3.net/comics/mat20090314.png

"So answer me this Miss Didi. How is it you find it so easy to lie to your lovers, but have no qualms about telling the truth to Mr. Gary knowing full well how much the realization of his lack of passion would hurt him so deeply?"
"Miss Didi, may I remind you that you are under oath."
Again where in holy diahrea [been watching lots of avgn] crap is she lying? how does the first panel indicate that she lied about cumming? The sex is nice sure, while it lasts. I dont see the logical connection, the very event, that makes you think she's lied to her lovers.

Infact all i see is that you want her to be DISHONEST to Gary. Someone she considers a friend. One of the, possibly thee only, guy whose so close to her but who she considers a friend and isnt bonking like nuts. You want her to do something which will promote his weaknesses and delusions. Which will stop him from improving. Which will screw him in the long term for a little benefit in the very short [like Momentary] term.

He needs to be hurt. His delusions need to be shattered and broken. [and iam repeating myself from other posts of mine made recently]. His delusions are coming in the way of his progress and growth.
knowing full well
no she doesnt know full well

nothing has shown this "lying".
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Actually, considering the revelation from March, Erik whatever should be given a medal for managing to have sex with her so long. A purple heart, mayhaps.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

poochie

Post by poochie »

hphoenix wrote:Okay, it is now official....I don't like Zii anymore.

She seems to have NO regard for the feelings of others, or the consequences of her actions. She seems completely selfish, manipulative, and self-serving to the extreme. She acts like a spoiled child....only concerned about what she wants, and the most expedient way to get it, regardless of who might get hurt.

I don't think Didi means what Gary is hearing. I think she's indicating (though not very well) that he 'kind-of' kissed her in that she kissed him and caught him off guard (remember, she's already had that pointed out to her, by Zii, though Zii only did it to stop her potential female hotty playmate from cutting her hair off.) The trouble is that Gary is thinking she means it as "it wasn't much of a kiss."

....and Zii is too busy gloating over her preferential treatment to apparently even notice. Nope, don't like her anymore. She's going to have to do a LOT of growing up real quick before I'll like her again. Girls like her are what make high-school such hell on the less-than-popular kids. And as a small-chested, narrow-hipped goth chick into geeky things, I'm betting she wasn't one of the 'in' crowd in High School either.....so she should KNOW better than to be like this.
It's just a slapstick comic, as someone said in another thread. I was bullied through parts of school, and I don't mind it.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Tenjen wrote:
He needs to be hurt. His delusions need to be shattered and broken. [and iam repeating myself from other posts of mine made recently]. His delusions are coming in the way of his progress and growth.
".
I'd say his self-awareness does more damage. Realizing that he sucks just makes him suck more.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

and no awareness just makes him continuously remain in suck.

self awareness is just the step. not the cure. Realization must come, then the steps taken.
ImageImageImage

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Tenjen wrote:and no awareness just makes him continuously remain in suck.

self awareness is just the step. not the cure. Realization must come, then the steps taken.
I disagree. It's the guys who don't know they suck who can improve because their failures become learning experiences. Once you know you suck hopelessly, the only thing to do is give up.