26-05-09 K-kindof...

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Java
Glazed and Confused

Re: 26-05-09 K-kindof...

Post by Java »

HotlyContested wrote:OMG, what the hell is going on here?

This is looking more and more like a nightmare! At least, I hope it is!

It's interesting that this is all so frightening, though, when really, it's just Gary (and Dillon) being submissive to Zii (and Didi). I mean, isn't this sort of how women feel all the time? I can't imagine living on someone else''s timetable, having her make all the rules, and relying on her for my emotional security. Yucky. (Yes, this is a reflection of my emotional maturity. I'm trying to grow here, so sue me...)

Fantastically gut-wrenching.
I find it a little funny that that was said by someone who has a picture of a woman with a riding crop as their avatar image. That could just be me though, I'm nutters like that :P

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

I feel bad for him, but Gary really is starting to become a wuss. Characters like that are not fun to watch. He needs to man up or he'll be in danger of becoming booooooring (-|.
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

starting? He already was and is. He isnt headed down hill, he's already at the bottom.

Now things are both slightly looking up [though with any great change, comes a storm] and also he now has HUGE reminders of his level of fail [look at his understanding of sex, which Zii helped dispell]. No longer can he ignore or delude himself of his lackings. Thats thanks to his new friends.

I will patiently await his attempts at growth, the successes and failures. And all the hilarity that will occur from it.

It is pain and conflict that best incite the need to change and improve.
Last edited by Tenjen on Tue May 26, 2009 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

chronoplasm

Post by chronoplasm »

See, this is exactly the reason why I make my own breakfast.
I must be in control of my own fruits and berries; not some woman.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

chronoplasm wrote:See, this is exactly the reason why I make my own breakfast.
:p That's profound. I think this could be the hidden reason why so many marriages fail. Not the fact that women are in control of the fruits and berries necessarily, but that we have to rely on someone else for our fruits and berries. Then, they start to use the fruits and berries against us... and, well... it sucks to be deprived of fruits and berries. No one should ever withhold the fruits and berries. But, I guess Didi is just showing her affection for Zii, not trying to humiliate Gary, so... I guess he shouldn't take it too personally?...

Java - I'm more of a dominant than a submissive, personality-wise. Bettie Page is just sort of a play on my login name. I'm not a girl that looks like Bettie Page, nor am I into getting whipped. (That I know of.) I love to argue, though, and vie for control, so it seemed appropriate.

chronoplasm

Post by chronoplasm »

HotlyContested wrote:
chronoplasm wrote:See, this is exactly the reason why I make my own breakfast.
:p That's profound. I think this could be the hidden reason why so many marriages fail. Not the fact that women are in control of the fruits and berries necessarily, but that we have to rely on someone else for our fruits and berries. Then, they start to use the fruits and berries against us... and, well... it sucks to be deprived of fruits and berries. No one should ever withhold the fruits and berries. But, I guess Didi is just showing her affection for Zii, not trying to humiliate Gary, so... I guess he shouldn't take it too personally?...
Totally.
I'm kind of a "means-of-production controlled by the producers themselves" kind of guy.
*edit*
To add, I am so totally disgusted by this whole dominance-hierarchy thing Zii has going on. Sure, Gary could be doing more to raise his stature, but there is only so much he can do when society is holding him down.
Last edited by chronoplasm on Tue May 26, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Dillion is just kind of clueless/careless about his food for what we know XD

Ugh, I hope someone soon punch that annoying girl in the face (The Zii one that is).
I'm starting to dislike how she's bossing people around and treating them like her servants. I know this a huge part of her :-o (bossy,perv, well even ego), but sometimes it can just go over the limit. Didi isnt very nice either right now, you're noooot helpiiing :-w
eeeek!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Zii isnt bossing Dillon around : p. Not bossing if the person is doing it willingly. She isnt demanding it.She's being given it freely and willingly. infact what she does with Didi and Dillon is pretty mild and light hearted to what real bossy and servant treating people do.

Didi is clueless and honest. I'd prefer that to her lying to Gary and making his weakness worse by deluding him and making him believe theres no problem when there is.

"nice" fucks things ups when theres problems. Sugar coating and spraying cream over everything weakens you and your friends.

Didi's helping now more than ever. Literally.

Rarely is it that people try to raise up when not being held down. People like Gary that is.

Plus zii isnt completely apathetic. She may follow up on her promise, the one she made a while back.

This is sorta what happened to Zii with gary and Didi on her cup size when she displayed them.

Though here. Really ouch.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Asaryu wrote:*nods to Tenjen*

No-one's doing anything wrong here. Gary needs to be made of sterner stuff than he has shown thus far and this is a situation where he can either cry like a girl, or actually grow up and do something about it.
Like...what?

chronoplasm

Post by chronoplasm »

David Johnston wrote:
Like...what?
Well I don't know what he can do about the kissing thing.
He should get some more fruit on his waffle though. That at least is an obtainable goal. He's not going to do that by pouting and complaining or accepting his own fate; he's just going to have to take some initiative and do it himself.

If I were in Gary's position, I would learn to make my own breakfast and do it even better than everybody elses so that I wouldn't be dependent on having to appease some matriarch by competing in some exploitative kissing game that is already stacked against me.
The sweetest waffle-topping is pride.
Also, spite.
Gary should find some way to spite them. That's what I'd do.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

aaahh bad idea for sociability there. They arent beign sick fucks to him and dont deserve that stuff. Plus he'll just go from wuss to asshole without any improvement in him other than the fact people avoid and hate him. And there was no kissing game. Zii used an oppurtunity to get a job, show her new "boss" up [though she actually played right into his hands because he knew either way he'd win {huge money or her rejected]]and get a kiss of Didi.

But i do agree that Gary should be getting his own fruit and cream.
David Johnston wrote:
Like...what?
being more assertive [not aggressive though], learning ways to be tougher, seeking Zii out more for advice [on one point theres Zii having not offered much yet but then theres Gary not asking, and him just asking once at the beggining counts for little] because her assertiveness and get-go get-what-i-want attitude will rub off on him. Zii knows what she wants and gets it, she probably was once like Gary or was on the path to being so but did something about it. Gary has to learn that.

No one can or really should tell Gary the detailed specifics of just what to do. Thats just wrong. That makes him dependant on advice and unable to think for himself. WHich is in aversion to the point of being more assertive and strong willed. Zii should guide him, correct his mistakes [while letting him to make them], assure him and let him find his own way. A father has to let go of the bike sometime. I just hope when the training wheels comes off, Gary doenst fall on his face too many times too hard.

but jsut for the sake of it. He could try to learn how to kiss better. He should actually make an effort to stop passing out and blowing his top at sexual input. He should make a serious mental effort to recognise his weaknesses and then keep them in mind. he's aware of his lackings, but he doenst keep them in mind.

It still is enjoying to see Gary have these pressure cooker reactions though when his illusions are broken :3.

The kiss was something special to him. Quite disheartening to hear your first kiss wasnt as amazing to the other person [who is a center of his desires and possibly the most beautiful thing he's ever known;]. But still better than living with a lie.

but putting all this serious analysis aside. the comics hilarious and while this strip isnt particularly hilarious per say, i can already see a whole load of possible events stemming from this directly and indirectly that are gonna be fun to see occur.

i hope a Zii intervention is incoming.
ImageImageImage

poochie

Post by poochie »

I wants this to lead to Gary nailing Dillon, as Zii would say, or strap-on fun, or both. I don't mind Gary's submissiveness, if he'd be less anxious and more soft/cute. Eventually, he should stand up more, yeah. I don't like stories where characters don't change to major events like those in real life would, unless it's particularly funny for them not to, and this isn't such a case. I think the strip needs a more normal, soft female character too. Three of the four (?) female characters are aggressive, and DiDi's on the waiting list. Moar balance!

<3 Menage a 3 overall though.

Captain Vlad

Post by Captain Vlad »

Let's see...will opportunistic, cheap-thrill hungry Zii offer kissing lessons?

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

Tenjen wrote:Didi is clueless and honest. I'd prefer that to her lying to Gary and making his weakness worse by deluding him and making him believe theres no problem when there is.

"nice" fucks things ups when theres problems. Sugar coating and spraying cream over everything weakens you and your friends.

Didi's helping now more than ever. Literally.

Rarely is it that people try to raise up when not being held down. People like Gary that is.

Plus zii isnt completely apathetic. She may follow up on her promise, the one she made a while back.
Wicked. I agree totally. Didi's honesty may sting, but if she avoided the subject entirely, he'd probably still agonize over it anyway, so it wouldn't help.

You'll notice, though, that Didi never did this to punish Gary, she did it to reward Zii. I think that's a big factor, too. Being honest doesn't necessitate being cruel, they just sometimes wind up in the same package. If Didi had done this out of resentment, then no matter how accurate she was, it wouldn't help Gary.

I also like what you said in the other post about what Gary needs to do to sharpen his game. Very true.

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

*gives Tenjen a cookie for being perceptive and clever*
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.