Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

7-01-08 Sweet 70's Rock!!!

Post by Giz »

dianekikiula

Re: 7-01-08 Sweet 70's Rock!!!

Post by dianekikiula »

Not only is Zii her usual facially expressive self, but I love how the cat is raising an "eyebrow" too. :lol:

Shadrach

Post by Shadrach »

I loved Zii's unfinished "You're straight? Are you sure?" question.

lilypads

Post by lilypads »

I honestly did not see that coming.
Also, last panel for the win!

Zalansho

Post by Zalansho »

dianekikiula wrote:Not only is Zii her usual facially expressive self, but I love how the cat is raising an "eyebrow" too. :lol:

I noticed that too!

bugstomper

Prediction

Post by bugstomper »

Prediction: Zii, of course, wants to help him out. She does that by explaining Gary's desperate plight to Didi and offers to make the popcorn.

Alternate prediction: She'll make the popcorn if Didi prepares the strawberries and whipped cream.

Pneumonica

Post by Pneumonica »

...and, as I predicted in the Who does Gary hook up with first? thread, his left hand gets severed and commits suicide. And all is right with the world.

Did I mention I'm OCD? :lol:

And BTW - this strip truly rocked. A great moment.
Further affiant sayeth not.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

29? And a virgin!?!?!

Ouch, Gary. Y'know, I'm surprised that Matt & Dillon never tried to hook him up. Seriously - I've found that gay guys like to know that their straight male friends are getting action too. Perhaps Zii is going to make this her personal quest. To not only get Gary laid, but to get him laid well and often. Now, there might be a clause to this agreement involving exclusive viewing rights... ;)

Heck, I could almost see Didi wanting to help out in a more personal sense - but then perhaps one of her boyfriends coming over and roughly explaining to Gary why this is a bad idea for him to pursue. Unhealthy, and such.

Man. If I were his friend, I'd see just how attached my cousin Lisa was to her current beau just in case I could help Gary out.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Zacheriah

Post by Zacheriah »

Gary, I feel your pain T_T

Kansas

Post by Kansas »

poor kid...he'll prolly go through tons of frustration before he gets some...if any. :|

HpNick

Post by HpNick »

I'll give the nerd some luvin! :lol:

Zii and the cat are awesome, their facial expressions just blow me away!

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

'Sweet 70s Rock!' is simply beautiful.

29, eh? I thought I'd gotten a late start. >_>
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Classic! :D Another immortal T-shirt moment! Again Zii's expression just makes the strip.

Of course the question now is, just which one of the girls is going to offer to help him fix that situation first? lol. Somehow I can see a situation with DiDi turning up, and not noticing as Gary and Zii look up embaressedly from the couch as she unpacks...

I agree with DnE though... Most of the gay people I've known were forever trying to hook their single friends up, but then, they weren't openly gay until recently, and I don't know many straight guys who try to hook their friends up. Most defiantely can I see DiDi's boyfriend making the point that it would be unhealthy for Gary to go near her though, then possibly Zii scaring the boyfriend off in the way that short feisty women seem to scare much larger guys.

Only thing that bugs me about the strip though is the stereotype of comic book nerds/ geeks in general being virgins. Funny and with as much comic potential that it is, I've known plenty of people who are bigger nerds then Gary (including a friend from college who now teaches physics), who get more action then my friends in the army...and as we know army lads are notorious male sluts.

vonKaiser

Post by vonKaiser »

Ugh, it's turned from a fictional webcomic into a self portrait... He's me in 6 years :cry:
“Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world” - Kaiser Wilhelm
Star Pirates
Free Web Based Browser Game

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

My straight friends try to hook me up all the time. It never works, seeing as they're either psychos or, in the most recent instance, a lesbian. But that one was funny... the psychos weren't

Oh, and Gary, I feel for you bro. The struggle. :ugeek:
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?