14-05-09 You two missed the fun

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Milnoc

Re: 14-05-09 Score with a hot chick

Post by Milnoc »

Hi, new guy here. Started to read the strip only a month ago and got hooked big time! Being a Montrealer myself, I love the strip's realism!

And you all thought the strip was a fantasy. It could just as easily been a documentary! :D

Concerning the street signs. The first strip's sign is most likely the corner of St-Denis and Roy East, indicating that Gary, Didi and Zii probably live in a St-Denis duplex that was built on top of the remains of a previous duplex that burnt down long ago, and probably destroyed the adjoining duplexes along with it. That's the biggest disadvantage of living in a typical Montreal duplex. If one burns down (and they burn quickly), others WILL follow.

As for the second street sign, I haven't found any streets near Papineau that end with "rapon" and "irl" yet. But for certain both places are well within walking distance.

BTW, the two strips are incredibly similar. Open up each one in their separate maximized browser window, and switch between them very quickly. Many of the straight lines match perfectly! Even the bottoms' bodies are nearly identical (if you exclude the hair color and banana split of course) :)

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

It suddenly occured to me how much drama there would be if this was an episode of Cheaters.

With Dil coming in [dressed the same] after the camera caught matt and her [in the same position with the desert] and doing the usual thing that the people in Cheaters do.

best episode ever!
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

MerchManDan
Nerd-At-Large (Mostly Harmless)

Post by MerchManDan »

:-o WHAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?

I'm away for a few months and look what happens!! :((
Operator of The Penultimate Darkness Pit: Gift Store of the Cavey Cave of Elderly Elders
Exclusive and Singular Seller of The OmniFork!
Fen wrote:Because sometimes one cult is not enough.
Another helpful emoticon: Image Courtesy of yiraheerai

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Fen wrote:Err, aren't relationships where someone has a girlfriend and a boyfriend common? One of those "you can do whatever you want with girls but not with other guys" thing?

Granted, I think Sandra broke the barrier.
Not common with the people I know, bisexual or not. Bisexuality doesn't give someone a license to cheat, unless you have an open relationship. We don't know whether or not Dillon was that in the loop. I'm guessing that he knew that Matt was interested in girls, but didn't know it was going down at that particular moment, since he though that the hot chick that Matt was going to score with was HIM.

And Sandra almost certainly wasn't informed in advance, since finding out that your new hottie had a boyfriend is the sort of the punchline to a sob story told to your girlfriends over liquor and ice cream for a girl like her.

Having a plural relationship is cool in my book if all parties were informed and are fine with the arrangement. The problem is that somehow I don't think Matt put everyone in the know.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

For some reason I thought Matt and Dills relationship was open, what with Matt's reaction to Dill and Zii rolling around naked on Matt's butt pic collection:

http://www.menagea3.net/d/20081129.html

edit: and this: http://www.menagea3.net/d/20081009.html

but I guess its not the same as the situation in this strip.
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

SleepingDragon

Post by SleepingDragon »

I've been reading the series almost since the beginning (the total number of strips was somewhere below ten I think, and whoah, it's been a year already?) but this is actually the strip that made me register to the forums just to be able to comment on it.

First, bear in mind I have to side with people who claim Dillon as their favourite character. Now considering where things were headed between the boys and Zii when she was "joygazmed" I believe he wouldn't have that much of a problem of introducing a third person into their bed. The issue here might be not so much the fact that this has happened but rather that it was organized behind his back, though it's hard to tell what exactly they established between themselves when D learned that Matt is bi rather than strictly gay.

I do hope that stuff between the two is not going to degenerate into an angsty and drama filled arc since I like the light heartedness of Ma3. I do have this gut feeling that it's going to be either:
1) Matt being way more uneasy about the entire thing than Dillon and Dillon teasing him about it to no end
2) Dillon not really minding all that much but taking a chance to rub in some guilt into Matt's conscience
3) Menage a 3? XD Though I'm more partial to strictly gay couples and if it were up to me I'd chase away anyone interfering with these two guys I suppose this could work in a crazy sort of way.

And to someone who mentioned it around page 3 of this thread, yeah, I actually noticed the spanking mark on Matt's butt faster than I realized the banana split on his back is a banana split XD

Skittles

Post by Skittles »

[
Pfhreak wrote:=)) =)) =)) @ the strip.
redwulf25_ci wrote:Looking at the shading of Matts face (note, Firefox's dictionary dislikes all possible spellings of the possessive form of "Matt")...
It's probably the diminutive (as opposed to Matthew's) throwing it off. The only time you forego the apostrophe — where you might otherwise expect one — in possessive 's is "its" to distinguish from the contracted form of "it is".

As to the rest of your comment: I agree. We don't know what degree of exclusivity Matt and Dillon have worked out. (It's not cheating if your partner has given you permission.)

I'm surprised nobody's noticed the shading on Matt's butt. Looks like Sandra's been spanking her naughty li'l underwear model. I'm also tempted to start keeping track of the average number of strips between a female character's introduction and the first time we see her topless. :-B

What a way to celebrate the one year mark! I love that this strip parallels the first. DiDi's naivete made me giggle. Sandra... *drool* Zii's just arriving home, while Yuki's presumably still there, so the new story arc may start with that collision or show the resolution of the Matt-Dillon-Sandra triangle (if there's anything to resolve).

I noticed the rosey set of cheeks, both sets, though I don't think Matt is drunk, as redwulf mentioned.. There are no bubbles popping over his head, I just think he is em-bare-ass-ed he got caught catching a strapon, with a banana split in/on his butt and I think you are correct about Sandra doing some cheek slapping. :D

Giz, Dave, Thank You so much for all the strips over the last year! :ymhug: :ymparty: :-bd

MelancholyBliss

Post by MelancholyBliss »

I wish I was Matt :(... I never thought I would be into that kind of thing, but it really intrigued me when I saw the last panel :-?

Congratulations on year 1 of Ma3, I hope for many happy years to come :-bd

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

:-o Erm...wow. And also "HOLY CRAP!!" Totally missed that call. :ymapplause: Bravo, Miss Gisele and Mister Dave.

Also, big congratulations on your one year. :D :ymapplause: :ymparty:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

SaBomJon

Post by SaBomJon »

=)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =)) =))

WOW! I'm still trying to wipe the smile off my face 3 minutes after reading this!

Oh, revenge is sweet! I have been waiting for many months for Dillon to receive a karmic smack, and G & D did not fail!

Happy 1-Year Anniversary! Many happy returns!
"Try not! DO, or do not.....there is no 'try'!"

www.sa-bomjimcomic.com

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Oh, man....I'm afraid my opinion of Sandra just sank significantly. She's a nice, amiable, but seriously underconfident girl, and I don't think that getting sloshed and hooking up with a bi playah is going to be the best thing for her. Poor Sandra, she wasn't kidding when she said she did crazy things when she got drunk. If this is typical, I can see why guys (or some guys, anyway) don't want to call her back. I feel kind of sorry for her.

Yes, it was Matt...we're all developing pretty good antennae here, aren't we?

Does Sandra have some sort of buttocks fixation? If so, she might find Zii (who boasts of her cute rear end) to her liking.
If Sandra will do this while drunk, it's also possible that she'd so something with another girl. (DiDi? Crazy Yuki?)

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Fen wrote:Err, aren't relationships where someone has a girlfriend and a boyfriend common? One of those "you can do whatever you want with girls but not with other guys" thing?
Triads, or more technically Polyamorous. :D Read Stranger in a Strange Land to see what a Polyamorous relationship looks like or maybe even The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

mayhemeffect

Post by mayhemeffect »

That's it, I can't take it! Don't hurt my ♥Dillon♥. If Dillon needs somewhere he can stay at my place.

Why can't I find boys like Dill?
Hugs & Curses

Java
Glazed and Confused

Post by Java »

hehe, I love this strip more than any other I've read on the net, and that's saying a lot! It's stuff like this that always sends me laughing and begging for more ;)

Saew

Post by Saew »

Power_Pachyderms wrote:
Triads, or more technically Polyamorous. :D Read Stranger in a Strange Land to see what a Polyamorous relationship looks like or maybe even The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.
Someone beat me to the suggestion that the boys may be poly :) Just got my activation last night after spending months lurking.