Post by RoninAngel »

Ooooh! That would be adorable! :ymblushing:
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.

redwulf25_ci

Re: 09-05-09 "no sausage!"

Post by redwulf25_ci »

BillionSix wrote:
Kamino Neko wrote:The only thing strange about Yuki's usage is that she's consistently using the Japanese suffix, while otherwise speaking English.
Nah, it's pretty normal for stereotypical fictional characters. It would be like a french person saying "Oui" or a spanish person saying "Si" in a fictional work even though "Yes" is probably the first word they learned in english.
It's thrown in rather arbitrarily to make the character more french, or spanish, or in this case, japanese.

Brian
It would not surprise me to learn that "Yuki" is something like a 5th generation Japanese/Canadian (or possibly not even Japanese, her family could be from elsewhere in Asia) named Susan who is pulling such a stereotyped Japanese act because she's one of those Otaku who's so obsessed they wish they had been born in Japan or because she thinks it makes her more cute and exotic.

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

redwulf25_ci wrote:
It would not surprise me to learn that "Yuki" is something like a 5th generation Japanese/Canadian (or possibly not even Japanese, her family could be from elsewhere in Asia) named Susan who is pulling such a stereotyped Japanese act because she's one of those Otaku who's so obsessed they wish they had been born in Japan or because she thinks it makes her more cute and exotic.
Since she takes it so far as to break into Japanese right before really and honestly fainting, not likely.

poochie

Post by poochie »

Hello all, I just found out about this wonderful comic yesterday :-) This will probably sound a little dumb, but when was it established that Dillon is this blonde? I kept thinking "she" was DiDi, heh. Was it the May 2nd strip? Thanks!