02-05-09 Better suited for this role

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bobolink

Re: 02-05-09 Better suited for this role

Post by Bobolink »

Once again, Giz and Dave managed to blindside us beautifully. =))

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

1. O...M...G. It's DILLON! [Headdesk].
2. The Crazy has officially begun. With DiDi, Zii, and maybe Matt, drunken Sandra, and Captain Underpants due to appear, and Eulice downstairs, ANYTHING is possible.
3. Yes, Dillon had me fooled there for a sec. Heck, he even has Yuki fooled.
4. Aside from (evidence of) bulges, there's always the "Man Hands" test. Though, as Jerry Seinfeld found out, some girls DO have those...
5. Black Canary was hot: pure, late 40's-early 50's pulp-era goodness. Wonder Woman was a frumpadump next to BC.
6. I, too, wonder how Gary took so long to spot Dillon before he walked in on M & D. Dillon sure acts pretty obvious.
7. Sheesh, I understand Yuki's reaction and everything, but she is truly SCARY in panel 1. So far she seems like one of that small minority of lesbians who dislike men on principle. Her violent side seems as out of control as her lustful side.
8. WEDGIE! The Nerd Kryptonite!
9. And did I mention that this was very funny?

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Kamino Neko wrote:2) You can't outnerd me, at least as comes to DC comics.

Carrie's continuity is a good 30 years ahead of main continuity - the only standard Gotham woman seen is Catwoman, who's put on tons of weight and become a madam. (Frickin' Miller, and his prostitution obsession...)

Steph was Robin for a single arc (unless you consider the two Robin issues where she was introduced a separate arc than War Games). Then she died.

Now, she's a whole lot more likely to show up in the context we're given, since her popularity as Robin is extremely disproportionate to her time in the costume (mostly due to the wasted potential), but we go back to the 'we've ruined the joke' part - Dill wouldn't make a better Dinah than Steph - quite the opposite, in fact. Impetuous little Steph is far more suited to Dillon than stable Dinah - right down to being a natural blonde, so that those big ol' eyebrows of his won't be so obvious.
"Gotham Sirens" sounds like a Batman musical/dance production to me. Neither of the girl Robins are exactly recognizable to the average theatre going public, so I'd guess that any Robin in such a production would probably be a generic "Robin" (which Robin unindentified, since Grayson and Drake looked reasonably similar) or specifically be Dick Grayson, the campiest of the Robins. Usually any production of anything Batman from Adam West to the movies will have Grayson as Robin. After all, it wouldn't be a Batman musical with a name like "Gotham Sirens" without being campy as all sin, old chum.

Now, picture Dillon going "Holy habadashery, Batman! Joker is stealing all the suit jackets in town!"

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Since we're quoting (paraphrasing) lines:

He's just a sweet transvestite from Transexual, Transylvania. :ymsmug:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

HotlyContested

Post by HotlyContested »

Daremo wrote:Dillon being a stage actor could have thrown off Gary's gaydar(assuming he has one), as it could generate a lot of 'false positive' responses. Just ask Hugh Jackman's wife. If one thinks, "Every male in theatre is gay is a terrible stereotype", then they'd be inclined to ignore a lot of really obvious signs.

"My gosh, Bob knows a lot of show tunes... Well, he's an actor, he's probably been in all those shows... Yeah."
I get what you're saying, but that really is a terrible stereotype. And Hugh Jackman isn't gay!

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Took me a half-a-tick to realize that it was Dillon. The Grand Entrance did it!
The rest of the strip is all-win!

Poor Gary..he asked for a rescue, and he got himself a complication :D

*Merci Giz*
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

RoninAngel

Post by RoninAngel »

So I just have to mention it...

Bulging testicals much... :P
"LIFE is dangerous, Sandi! EMBRACE LIFE!"
Faith Abbot, to Sandi on Magic Chicks.