30-04-09 Chuk

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

David Johnston

Re: 30-04-09 Chuk

Post by David Johnston »

'J' wrote:good point. i thought shae meant protection of the spheres in general.

however, i contend that most grappling arts (in which i have admittedly no education) must have some means of preventing such a thing from occurring even in such a position.
Of course there's a way. Don't leave a space between your body and your opponent's body. Although in actual wrestling you also try to make sure your opponent is facing away from you when he's on the ground anyway.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Gah. New pain.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Power_Pachyderms

Post by Power_Pachyderms »

Asaryu wrote:I mean seriously, Gary: Why on earth did you need to straddle the girl to get the pillow under her? You couldn't sit beside her and do it? Your arms move, you know.
/:)

But we wouldn't laugh, even in sympathetic pain, had he done anything other than what was shown.
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." ~William Pitt
"Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken
Presenting a different vision of Robotech via illustration...

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Also, his left arm is handcuffed to her left arm, meaning it would probably be more awkward...

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

No more awkward than for a boggle-eyed nosebleed-prone comicbook-geek virgin to straddle a young, nubile Japanese girl.

Don't get me wrong...I thought it was funny as hell. But Gary really is a bit of an idiot. An adorbale one, but a moron nonetheless.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.

oni
BANNED

Post by oni »

... :ymapplause: :x Eloquent!
David Johnston wrote:
'J' wrote:good point. i thought shae meant protection of the spheres in general.

however, i contend that most grappling arts (in which i have admittedly no education) must have some means of preventing such a thing from occurring even in such a position.

Of course there's a way. Don't leave a space between your body and your opponent's body. Although in actual wrestling you also try to make sure your opponent is facing away from you when he's on the ground anyway.
I dunno about wrestling. Is possible to defend using jiujitsu. Anyway --Shoalin monks, Right! Have this type of training where its possible not to feel any kind of pain when kicked in the groin. Image

Asaryu
Tentacoo Goddess

Post by Asaryu »

I think that being a Shaolin Monk would be the closest you could ever be to being a Jedi.
Tentacoo-Goddess of the Bubblibaff, Gazer of the Southern Heavens and Mistress of Morals. She/Them. Judging you.