23-04-09 It's not like I ran off with it!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

MrBishop

Re: 23-04-09 It's not like I ran off with it!

Post by MrBishop »

Off hand..I'd think that Jung has already seen Gary's work... people who draw comics tend to want to show off, especially to comic stores. Looks like Jung is *putting a single sheet back in* to Gary's bag. Most likely the one that Yuki dropped. He certainly doesn't look like someone who's been caught glancing, eh.

So...now Zii has to go hunting for the Gary/Yuki express. THAT should prove interesting :D Maybe she'll recruit the Amazonian as body guard :)
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Looks like one of those brown folder things which you keep a4 sheets and other such things in. Cnat remember what its called. used a lot in moving around memo's and storing multiple papers for delivery. One of those with a envelope like seal on the top.

i think its a general shine really to give it definition [not the right word]. Same like the lines on the bag just below it.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Tenjen wrote:Looks like one of those brown folder things which you keep a4 sheets and other such things in. Cnat remember what its called. used a lot in moving around memo's and storing multiple papers for delivery. One of those with a envelope like seal on the top.
A manila envelope.

I'm still going with a single sheet of paper (most likely the page Yuki pulled out).
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

These discussions make me wonder how much thought Giz actually does put into the little details of the drawings, and if certain people aren't overanalyzing scant bits of data... ;))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I'm pretty sure that Giz puts in all of the little details on purpose so that we can overanalyse them. :ymdevil:

Lukeblast

Post by Lukeblast »

This strip certainly mediates some of the "Zii, that's just mean!" angle that was brewing. And the edits to the last strip do help a little with the "Gary the criminal pervert" angle (being a pervert is okay--it's the criminal part that's bothersome)... but he still doesn't come off very well. I still think he needs a good shot of character development, stat. I'll also restate my vote for no more fainting spells... or at least a cutback on them.

Junghan, on the other hand, continues to fascinate just by being contradictory and not terribly well-defined. The playful unveiling here is excruciating and fun simultaneously.

I'm hoping for Gary/Yuki to go running by Didi's workplace, and with a single mighty tug, the Amazon snaps the cuffs in twain. Yuki's eyes then turn into giant hearts. Gary observes this and sighs sadly. ...Didi, of course, can't figure out what's going on.

Hmm... what are the odds on Gary + Sandra? We know Gary has a nice butt... :D

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

how fun would it be if DiDi walked in with Sandra wrapped around here like ...Steve or whatever his name was, when Gary Yuki and Zii are home, epic headsplort / heartbreaks all around
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Panchocheesecake

Post by Panchocheesecake »

...how did the key get stuck again, or better how is the key still hanging on.
In the sexy way!

Here's a webcomic I gave up on. You might like if you're into military and gaming stuff
http://situationalawareness.smackjeeves.com/

I do not like to eat waffles, so here's my youtube channel
http://www.youtube.com/user/KristopherStoltz

Do you have a high level of confusion? I do, so here's my tumblr.
http://panchocheesecake.tumblr.com/

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

*Magical* Tra La La :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Panchocheesecake wrote:...how did the key get stuck again, or better how is the key still hanging on.
The key is on a half-open keyring.

mwimwi

Post by mwimwi »

Nice strip today. Love the punchline =P

Surprised Jughan didn't make people pay to see that show.

However, I wonder how Zii busted the roof's lock...

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

Pure adrenaline.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

#1ZiiFan wrote:Zii may have led to the most successful day in the history of the comic book store.

But by having the key in her possession, she is continuing the story of "The Misadventures of Gary and Yuki."

Meanwhile, Gary fears for his life from both the police and when Yuki does wake up. Wait until he runs past Didi's workplace and she gets involved.

Oh, what will happen next??

Actually, since Gary was passed out, he does not yet know he may need to fear Yuki, big fun is yet to be had by all. Except Gary that is, let the beatings begin! :ymdevil:
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

JReynolds

Post by JReynolds »

I hope that Gary is running to the nearest hardware store. Somewhere he can get a hacksaw (or something that can cut him loose from Yuki)

Bobolink

Post by Bobolink »

I would like to know where Zii developed her skills at breaking and entering.