21-04-09 Nerf ball

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: 21-04-09 Nerf ball

Post by Bear »

Okay.. not a smart move on Gary's part continuing to grope after he's realised this is real and not his dream-state, but when your a 29 year old virgin who's never conciously gotten boob before your hands gonna linger a little to try and remember it...

This can only get worse for Gary... if the police catch him its gonna be a fun explaination to them. If Yuki wakes up its going to be a beatdown on him for carrying her, and if he takes her home to Zii, she's gonna kill him for letting Yuki find out where she lives now. Poor Gary.

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

I find it hard to believe that Gary never touch a boob before, if he is this willing to grope an unconscious girl, and in public at that. I mean he has been in the same house as sleeping DiDi and sleeping Zii for several nights.
And I find it hard to like any of the main characters except DiDi now, or rather I would find it hard to like them if they where real persons, I do like what they bring to the story :p
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

JMac85

Post by JMac85 »

Borris wrote:But the lady on the street already does. What do you think "Au viol!" means?
Well, not that lady, it's implied that multiple people are shouting, but how the hell was I supposed to know what that meant? I failed Spanish in high school, not French! :p

Paul
Location: Humble hewn-from-a-small-cliff living quarters deep in Mink Hollow

Post by Paul »

Yipes.

This will not end well.

WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

Run Gary, run!

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

Did anyone else on a second read through of the last panel get an image of the old TV series The Prisoner and Gary being chased by one of those capture ballon things?

Tsunami

Post by Tsunami »

You know, I am very disapointed in Gary, despite the unexpected "pantys attack" and boob gropage, he has failed as a nerd and totaly forgotten to pick up the comic he went there for! :D

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Ooh...I came --] [-- this close to predicting right. Yuki's on Gary's back, he's running down the street towards home, but Yuki's not awake with her drumsticks against his throat screaming "Mush..pervy-boy MUSH!"

tsk tsk.to all of you knocking Gary's attempt to prove he wasn't dreaming. This is the girl who wanted to have lesbo-sex on his unconscious body with his roommate...while handcuffed.

I wonder if Gary remembered his bag with all the identifying information in it, including the Tantacoo art :)
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Oh..forgot. "Prison Island" is a reference to a Shadow the Hedgehog game - hidden level. :geek:
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

Woo, boy.

1. I have to agree with much of what Billion Six said. Gary really needs to suck it up and act his age. He could start by 1) not having epileptic fits everytime he gets within range of a real woman, and 2) not squeezing an unconscious girl's boobs in broad daylight. Those are the kind of things that are understandable or forgivable when you're 14, but not when you're 29.

2. The screaming woman is sorta kinda right, you know.

3. Uh-oh. Gary doesn't have the bag with the tentacoo comic. But if he signed the thing or left any other ID in the bag, that could draw some unwelcome attention from les agents de police.

4. He's taking Yuki with him, presumably home. This could set up a nuclear encounter between Gary, Yuki, DiDi, and Zii.
Now, if Dave and Giz could somehow work crazy drunk Sandra and Captain Underpants into the mix, you would have the Lower Tunguska Blast of 2009.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

he's taking her to his home.

He's playing right into her unconcious hands.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Dave Zero1

Post by Dave Zero1 »

Borris wrote: And where is Gary running away like this when he's just in front of his friend's comic book store? Wouldn't it be safer (and easier) just to hide in the backstore until Yuki wakes up or Junghan finds a way to open the handcuffs?
Because they would have seen him go in, & then they could easily inform the police where to find him.

JerrBear

Post by JerrBear »

BillionSix wrote:You know what? I don't like Gary.

There. I said it. I don't like him.

I want to. He's supposed to be the underdog that we all root for. But really? He's everything I have spent my life trying not to be.
And he keeps getting worse. He probably thinks of himself as a Nice Guy™ who would deserves to get laid. He's not. He's a spineless, weak-willed loser with few morals to speak of.
Today's strip was not a Three's Company type misunderstanding where he appears to be groping an unconscious girl and someone misunderstands.
The woman who screamed that he is a pervert was absolutely correct. He was sitting on the ground, happily fondling a girl's breast. Not a willing girl. An unconscious one. And of course, he came up with some bullshit "dream test" rationalization to justify it to himself, so he could still think of himself as a Nice Guy™.
And here I thought he had topped himself a few strips back when he was aroused by a sobbing woman.

I like Zii because, for all her craziness, she at least is confident and ballsy. Didi is fun beyond the "eye candy" aspect, due to her innocence and cluelessness. But Gary? A sad, desperate loser, who does nothing but wallow in his own horny loneliness, and will abandon any ethics he pretended to have just to touch a helpless girl.

Brian

Brian
This reminded me of that comedy routine by Karen Williams where she told a story about how a joke she told had offended someone in the audience. The joke was, "Try looking into the eyes of a blue-eyed, blonde haired, person... there's nothing there!", and she got a 5 page e-mail from the audience member about her blue-eyed, blonde haired girlfriend and how the joke offended her. At first, she was going to reply to every point and explain that she didn't feel that way, but then she replied with "F*ck you! It was just a joke!"

JerrBear

Post by JerrBear »

At least he didn't say Sandbags.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

And now we'll have a we'll have a deadly chase with Gary carrying Yuki with segway riding Police hot on his heals.

He'll side bump one segway police vehical and it will go over a ramp or a bump or crack in the pavement and do a double flip and spin and hit hte ground and explode with massive force.

No need to worry about the police officer, he'll walk out of the flames all liquid metaloid man like and reform into his humanoid looks
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?