02-04-09 But I can't smoke...

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: 02-04-09 But I can't smoke...

Post by Tenjen »

firendrakendorf wrote:That Megumi Hayashibara reference is kind of dated in the real world, but who cares. Teary Zii is just terribly adorable :x
no no, That just means that certain fellow is a Classics or oldies Nerd
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

Ok, might not be the best time to make a joke, but not the best time to focus on comics either :-w
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

WilliamCA

Post by WilliamCA »

Zii was totally cute. And no dissing Megumi! She is a goddess!!! Oh and I demand the creator of this comic give his loyal readers a preview of his Slipshine comic or i shall raise a protest or something!!!

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Zii neds a trenchcoat or something. She's going to draw a crowd walking around outside in that outfit...then again, that might be the point.
:)

Zii sure is 'le cuteness' tho'
As for Gary... *sigh* :-B
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Nibler
Professional Lurker

Post by Nibler »

oh gawd, now you gave me the image of Zii creeping around in a trenshcoat flashing people =))
This is not the greatest signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute.

Lukeblast

Post by Lukeblast »

Pfhreak wrote:Gary, you dumbass. You've got Zii straddling you in cowgirl, and all you can think of is Transformers? No wonder you're still a virgin.
That was pretty much my thought.

On the other hand, it's probably the only thing saving him from a potentially fatal nosebleed.
Bear wrote:... Comming in the next strip... Will Gary find he has balls and go and confront Junghan on Zii's behalf?
I think the better question is, will he have to? We don't know Junghan well enough to know if he'll keep this up, or if he'll decide he's had his fun and lay off Zii on his own.

Whether Gary has balls will depend on big of a dick Junghan is. :D

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

1. Funny, even if you don't get every reference. The weird world of comics/anime is a great source of humor, which this strip needed. You can't make every gag about sex.

2. I don't know why everybody is gloating over Zii's misfortunes. All she really wants out of life is DiDi, which surely the rest of us can understand. I feel kind of sorry for her lately: DiDi has 'friended' her, and now Junghan has humiliated her. I have had some disasters like these recently myself, so I guess I can empathize with Zii. She's a perv, of course, but she has feelings too.

3. Now's the time to comfort and sympathize, Gary. But something tells me this is the only time she is going to be in that posture for you.

4. Zii is wonderfully cute and sexy as well in this. She has many sides, doesn't she? Sly, evil seductress one moment, then hurt little girl the next.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

WilliamCA wrote:Zii was totally cute. And no dissing Megumi! She is a goddess!!! Oh and I demand the creator of this comic give his loyal readers a preview of his Slipshine comic or i shall raise a protest or something!!!
her

Giz is female.

Theres Dave though. He's male.

*waves at Dave*

hi David
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Phantasos

Post by Phantasos »

Wow, this is probably the only "real life" situation Gary will ever have the position of consoling Zii.

Poor girl, Animu is not for her it seems.

Oh yeah, and Megumi Hayashibara is a famous J - Pop singer and also a japanese voice actress who voiced Rei Ayanami, of Evangelion fame.

AniDragon

Post by AniDragon »

...I can't help but think that the mention of Megumi Hayashibara is there because of my earlier comment that I imagine Zii sounding like Lina Inverse (who is voiced by MH in Japanese)... Granted, I was reffering to Lina's English VA, but strangely, I COULD see her with Japanese-Lina's voice, too...

Also, it was Hayashibara's birthday a few days ago, so it might be a nod to that, as well..
~AniDragon, aka Riona-chan~

Reichiru

Post by Reichiru »

I'm kind of surprised Zii doesn't like all the attention, even if it is from comic book geeks. I mean, considering the way she teased Gary with her butt in the beginning of the comic to get a place to live, you think she'd be able to play along with the nerd fantasy to get a raise. :p

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

firendrakendorf wrote:That Megumi Hayashibara reference is kind of dated in the real world, but who cares. Teary Zii is just terribly adorable :x
Eh only sorta. She did do the new season of Slayers last year.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.

Daremo

Post by Daremo »

Besides, it's possible she did the voice for Magical Tralala.

Doctor Emmit Brown

Post by Doctor Emmit Brown »

oh yeah, Hayashibara also did the voice of the main character in Paprika, and that was only a year or so old.
"Thanks, Dad! The toy every kid wants, a container ship! Now I can replicate international commerce." - Adam Savage

Minion (and sexual slave) of Asaryu.