21-03-09 It's encouraged!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Gil Hamilton

Re: 21-03-09 It's encouraged!

Post by Gil Hamilton »

zgwortz wrote:I've been there in the Friends Zone quite a few times myself... ::sigh::

It could be worse -- there's also the "Safe" Zone. Sometimes it's possible to slide from the Friends Zone to the FWB Zone. But if you're ever declared "Safe", you may as well give up then and there. (I've been there a few times too, alas -- and have since worked very hard not to end up there again... :D )
Unfortunately, the Friends Zone is the point on the romantic potential energy surface that is a minima. Escaping to the Friends with Benefits transistion state is difficult at best.

DarkKnightJared

Post by DarkKnightJared »

Lord, that line haunts me in my real life, now it's coming through in my web-comics. Boo. :P

Also, I can identify with Didi there with her realizing she's bi. "Wait, I like girls, but I still like guys. What the hell am I? ... Bisexual? What's that? ... Oh. Okay, that works." :D

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Panchocheesecake wrote:
zgwortz wrote:sometimes it's possible to slide from the Friends Zone to the FWB Zone.

Eh?
With benefits.

Lindz

Post by Lindz »

Since I'm getting kind of annoyed with Zii, I'm actually pretty glad that DiDi (oblivious to Zii's scheming) rejected her.

Of course, they'll probably hook up in some fashion at some point, but I definitely made the :ymdevil: face when Zii got CRUSHED. BWAHAHAHAHA. =))

CBrachyrhynchos

Post by CBrachyrhynchos »

Poor Zii, she's bi and still not attracted to you.

DarkKnightJared

Post by DarkKnightJared »

CBrachyrhynchos wrote:Poor Zii, she's bi and still not attracted to you.
She is, I think--it's painfully obvious, but Didi doesn't realize Zii is and doesn't want to go outside the "Friend Zone."

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

DarkKnightJared wrote:She is, I think--it's painfully obvious, but Didi doesn't realize Zii is and doesn't want to go outside the "Friend Zone."
This. The poor innocent doesn't seem to realize that there was more to Zii suggesting that kiss than just moving Power Pachyderms. DiDi isn't the type to spot Zii's deviousness on her own.
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

For the last five strips or so, ever since the big revelation, I had been waiting for Zii to consummate her plan and declare her intentions. The time couldn't have been better...but she did nothing, and now she may have blown it totally.

Gee, Zii, maybe you ought to try a little HONESTY for once.
[Zii: "Honesty? Whut's that?"]

Harlock_the_Bard

Post by Harlock_the_Bard »

Doctor Emmit Brown wrote:Boy if I had a nickel every time a woman gave me that line...
I'd be dead broke. :p

Then again, I married the first woman who actually looked past the surface long enough to accept my offer of a date, so YMMV. For a long while, there was a weird dichotomy in my life: if I wasn't especially attracted to a woman, I came across as rather...well, I was going to say "avuncular," but I think "invisible" would be a better term, considering some of the discussions I was silent witness to (after the lunch rush one day, the rest of the staff happened to be female and they started comparing bra sizes, f'rinstance). On the other hand, if I was attracted--strongly enough to come out of my shell and ask for a date, that is--I think I tended to come on too strong. Certainly that was the case with one of the ladies, and I suspect it was the case with two others. Out of a lifetime total of seven, mind, the last of which is now my wife.

It doesn't help that I never figured out flirting: by the time I recognized that a girl was flirting with me, she was coming on strongly enough to repel me. Which happened a grand total of three times. Well, four if you count the one who was trying to flirt her way to a discount, but I don't, really...

Edit: Make that four times, five if you count the flirt-to-a-discount attempt. Forgot about one of my former coworkers--she may have been married with three children, but she didn't let it stop her from blatantly flirting with anyone who had b*lls and a pulse. Granted, she made good tips that way, but it made her a pain in the butt to work with.
Last edited by Harlock_the_Bard on Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

to me, coming from you,
friend is a four letter word.
end is the only part of the word
that i heard.
call me morbid or absurd.
but to me, coming from you,

to me, coming from you,
end is the only part of the word
that I heard.
call me morbid or absurd.

when I go fishing for the words
i am wishing you would say to me,
i'm really only praying
that the words you'll soon be saying
might betray the way you feel about me.

~Song by Cake
Poor Zii.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Alisonchan
Cuddle Piglet

Post by Alisonchan »

Wow, this strip is a mirror of a RL moment for me. Bizarre.
"Class A Pet, Most Well Intentioned Fair Milkmaiden"
ImageImageImage

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

"What is this, Bizarro World?" :-\

Amethyst Shadow

Post by Amethyst Shadow »

When is Zii going to figure out that subtlety and subterfuge doesn't work where DiDi is involved? :))

Retiarius

Post by Retiarius »

Sometime after the heat death of the universe, I would imagine. :P
I think outside the tesseract.