12-02-09 It's an épidémie!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

oni
BANNED

Re: 12-02-09 It's an épidémie!

Post by oni »

Gary: "Score!" *Heart attack...keels over*
*Another one bites the dust. Aaand another ones gone! Another ones gone! Another one bites the DUST!* <--don't remember song. Queen? Didi + Zii = ex post facto since '06! Poor Gary! :))

vince3

Post by vince3 »

Yes, oni, Queen sang "Another One Bites the Dust".

Which is very appropriate because Gary is probably gone for a good long while...........

David Johnston

Post by David Johnston »

Lukeblast wrote:Since Didi can't call anyone without the number that Zii isn't going to pony up,
Isn't there something called "speed dial"?

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

You need the number programmed for that. And I'm sure Didi doesn't have Zii's phone. Zii just wants her to not call.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

brnleague99 wrote:No you're afraid of Death Metal. Germany's notorious for banning albums and artwork and forbidding the DM bands they do allow in to do "certain songs". :ymdevil:
You are so right about that! ;))

The whole business with Christa Jenal and banning Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face"...

Do you know Eisregen? German band from, like, 80 kilometers from where I live. They have little splatter fantasy texts, and most of their albums are banned... (And I have them all!! :-= )
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Jelluh

Post by Jelluh »

Damn, if Gary keeps passing out too much he's going to have some serious braindamage. Not that his brain already melted :p
You can walk the Walk, but can you talk the Talk ?

Pfhreak

Post by Pfhreak »

Wiktionary (so you know the size of the grain of salt to take) lists both "nombre" and "numéro" as French for number, which might be why T2B remembers using a different word in French Class. Spanish stresses it differently: "número".
midgetshrimp wrote:And I think Gary may actually be dead. His eyes are still open. 8-|
The time it took him to keel over was probably not long enough for them to fully close, with how big they were to begin with. :))
The wall of separation between church and state is a good start, but let's put in a minefield, too.

Harlock_the_Bard

Post by Harlock_the_Bard »

Don Alexander wrote:
brnleague99 wrote:No you're afraid of Death Metal. Germany's notorious for banning albums and artwork and forbidding the DM bands they do allow in to do "certain songs". :ymdevil:
You are so right about that! ;))

The whole business with Christa Jenal and banning Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face"...

Do you know Eisregen? German band from, like, 80 kilometers from where I live. They have little splatter fantasy texts, and most of their albums are banned... (And I have them all!! :-= )
Heh. And let's not forget EAV's "Burli." Of course, that may be a bit before DA's time, since I first heard it in high school in the late '80s.

Herr Anton hat ein Garten
Mit einem Gartenzwerg
Und davor, da steht ein Kernkraftwerk.
Da gab es eine Tage eine kleine Haverie:
Die Tomaten war'n so gross wie nie!

It gets sillier from there, especially given that Herr Anton's wife, Resi, was pregnant at the time.

BTW--EAV = Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung. Roughly translates as First Amalgamated Uninsurance. Bavarian group that was very unpopular with the German censors. Or popular, depending on how you looked at it...after all, without groups like EAV, the censors would've been out of a job! ;P

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

Numéro is the actual digit(s)
nombre means how many (expressed as a number)

In English, it's the same word "What is your number?" "The number of people here is astounding"
In French it's different "Qu'el est ton numéro?" "Le nombre de personnes ici est épatant"

Take it from a French dude, eh.
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

Ray D

Post by Ray D »

1. My goodness, we've had some great views of DiDi but panel 3 is about the best so far.

2. This incident might actually work to Zii's advantage. If Gary can recall the scene at all, he might conclude (much to his dismay) that Zii and DiDi are definitely together. He doesn't impress me as a guy who would have the nerve and confidence to really challenge Zii for DiDi rights. In that case, he would give up and leave the field open for Zii.

3. But maybe Gary is right...just how far did Zii get with DiDi last night? Knowing pervy little Zii, I find it hard to believe that she slept on an Amazon mattress all night without letting her fingers or her tongue wander just a little.

4. And as usual DiDi is impossible to figure out. She's either dumber than a bagful of hammers, more innocent than a whole cohort of angels, or the slickest lesbian seductress this side of Mercedes de Acosta.

5. Is it just me, or does DiDi seem like the perfect 1970's Playmate? Look at it: she has a sweet, kind personality; she likes to cook and dance; she loves animals and her friends; she has a happy, open sensuousness and no embarassment about nudity; and she owns a spectacular body with an epic bust. Plus she's a blonde. I can see her as Miss May of 1977; the feature would have been called "French Kisses" or something like that.

6. I am dying to know what (if anything) Zii does for a living. I'm sure everyone else feels the same.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Harlock_the_Bard wrote:Heh. And let's not forget EAV's "Burli." Of course, that may be a bit before DA's time, since I first heard it in high school in the late '80s.
BTW--EAV = Erste Allgemeine Verunsicherung. Roughly translates as First Amalgamated Uninsurance. Bavarian group that was very unpopular with the German censors. Or popular, depending on how you looked at it...after all, without groups like EAV, the censors would've been out of a job! ;P
Actually, they are Austrian :P

And I was listening to EAV at the end of the 80's as well. :P

"Drei verliebte Pinguine..."
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)