01-01-09 Spanish firefighters

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

fuzzybeard2016

Re: 01-01-09 Spanish firefighters

Post by fuzzybeard2016 »

middy wrote:First off, Happy New Years!!!!!

Second, why are the originals always so much better then the remakes?? American thrillers/horrors/whatevers don 't scare me :)
It's like comparing European beer with American beer: American beer is like standing up in a canoe; you're damn close to water. Same line of reasoning with (most) American movies.

DISCLAIMER: I am an American, and I thought our beer was decent until one fateful night when I was introduced to German wheat beer! I never looked back. :-$
Rockhound: Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes and they let me use explosives, okay?
"Armageddon" (1998/I)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

I prefer this quote by Jeremy Clarkson:

"This has to be the worst example of American/German cooperation since a chap called Adolpus Busch, arrived in the states, tasted the water and thought mmmmmmm I could make beer out of this. And we ended up with a headache in a can called Budweiser."

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

fuzzybeard2016 wrote:DISCLAIMER: I am an American, and I thought our beer was decent until one fateful night when I was introduced to German wheat beer! I never looked back. :-$
=))

As a German, I appreciate this statement... Even though I don't like beer! :P

To be fair, though, the Germans aren't the only people in Europe who make awesome beer. Czech beer is probably even better, and Skandinavian is good as well.
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Hobbamock

Post by Hobbamock »

Gary needs to freakin wake up! He's missing the opportunity of a lifetime, just like Zii missed out when she was "broken" by gay male overload.

MrBishop

Post by MrBishop »

I guffaw every time I see the last panel - my wife's Spanish (from the Basque region).
The line "What the hell is wrong with Spanish people!!?!?!?" cracks me up! :))

Poor Zii's going to have nightmares for a week...probably end up crawling into bed with Gary. :ympray:

Gary MUST be really out of it to NOT wake up to the 'scream-queen' duet in the next room. :D
Midnight's Lair: RPG talk: http://midnightslair.com/forum/
Playing it loud: Musical conversation: http://www.playingitloud.com

fuzzybeard2016

Post by fuzzybeard2016 »

Don Alexander wrote:
fuzzybeard2016 wrote:DISCLAIMER: I am an American, and I thought our beer was decent until one fateful night when I was introduced to German wheat beer! I never looked back. :-$
=))

As a German, I appreciate this statement... Even though I don't like beer! :P

To be fair, though, the Germans aren't the only people in Europe who make awesome beer. Czech beer is probably even better, and Skandinavian is good as well.
Pilsner Urquell became my preferred beer for pizza and beer nights; good stuff!
Rockhound: Why do I do this? Because the money's good, the scenery changes and they let me use explosives, okay?
"Armageddon" (1998/I)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120591/

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

no no no, the best beer in the world is the Danish Elephant Beer.
The 10% alcohol has nothing to do with it:P.

That being said, i dislike German beer, but Romanian one is good.
Spanish beer? That's pure p*ss. And I'm ashamed to admit, but Austrian beer may only have 3% alcohol but man, it's tasty.
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Fen
Chaotic Neutral

Post by Fen »

by the way, has anyone seen both [rec] and quarantine? I saw rec(ah, the things this strip do to me), but quarantine is at the cinema right now.
Worth it? yay or nay?
One day I'm gonna lose the war.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Didn't go to see Quarantine. Wasn't really interested, [REC] just came out half a year earlier...
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)