Character Discussion!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bambikles

Re: Character Discussion!

Post by Bambikles »

But Zii was created way earlier than the EC cast. besides, Maria has rounder face and much bigger breasts. And she's taller too. In global, Zii way less curvy than any Delacroix girl, with a longer face.

lokisdottir

Could Junghan be asexual?

Post by lokisdottir »

An offhand mention of Jung in another thread reminded me of a thought I've been having about him for a while: Does anyone else think Junghan could plausibly be asexual? It could be that his sex life simply isn't shown on screen, but the lack of known sexual partners isn't the only reason I say this. No one who knew Gary as a virgin could have mistaken him for an asexual man, for instance. So it's not that Junghan is single and lives with his mother, it's that he has a completely different reaction to the attractive people and sexual shenanigans around him than other people do. He likes dressing women in his creations, but his interest seems aesthetic and detached; he never shows indication of being undone by desire. He does take avid interest in sexual drama--see his reaction to the play where Dillon and Sandra "improvised" to create literal sexual drama--but again in a way that puts him above the fray, as a spectator laughing at the foibles of other people and not as a player with skin in the game.

This isn't to say Junghan is definitely ace, only that my headcanon of him as one doesn't seem to contradict the canon so far. It's fully possible that he just expresses desire in different ways than the other members of the cast that's in keeping with his interests and laconic personality. I think it's a refreshing change of pace, though, that a sex comedy features a character who could at least plausibly be asexual.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I'm not sure that the cool, amused observer figure is entirely new in sex comedy, though in some other cases they might be someone who has a happy, stable sex life completely sorted out. But anyway - honestly, we just don't know with Jung. We don't have enough information. As you say, his job is to be an amused observer - and beyond that, he's really not a very rounded character.

If the plot ever calls for it, he might one day mention in passing that he has no interest in sex for himself. Or he might suddenly fall for someone out of the blue, to everyone's confusion. Or he might suddenly mention that he's got a perfectly happy, unremarkable relationship with an offscreen girlfriend or boyfriend, but unlike some people he doesn't see any need to make a drama out of it. But until then, his sexuality is Schrodinger's cat in the box; the waveform hasn't collapsed.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Alex_84

Post by Alex_84 »

I think as more Manga influences have come into the art style, Zii has suffered a little, with a more
baby face look, and often no defined lips, just a Manga Mouth Hole.

nono

Post by nono »

Argh... Menage a 3 added a stereotype of character i can't handle ~X( : Izz

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Alex_84 wrote:I think as more Manga influences have come into the art style, Zii has suffered a little, with a more
baby face look, and often no defined lips, just a Manga Mouth Hole.
I just honestly prefer to vary it up in regards to lips. In my mind, defined lips = lipstick. If the girl isn't wearing any, she won't have any more defined lips than the guys (unless it's Dillon who sometimes wear some in costume.) It's just my way of seeing things. I've been doing it in Eerie Cuties for a long time, so I haven't really changed anything per say.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And to point this out...that's accurate to anatomy. Most people don't have really defined lips unless they are wearing cosmetics- male or female.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

I approach eyelashes the same way. Kiley & Brooke (in EC) don't wear much make-up, so I tend to keep the eyelashes short for them. Since some people do have naturally long & visible eyelashes, I will sometimes give characters, who I think wouldn't normally wear make-up, long and visible eyelashes.

neneroi

Post by neneroi »

Remember the "Lust Map" BrianX had made for the cast of characters, couple of years ago?
Is there an up-to-date version?

DSVella

Post by DSVella »

Evening all:

I recently came across this comic and after going through all 1000+ strips in the last couple of days I must say its a keeper for me! However I have a dumb question and I think it goes here (if not mods please let me know).

I'm having trouble understanding how to say the names of some of the characters, DiDi and Kiley being the main ones. Also Giz, I saw their name spelled out and I had no idea where to start!

If anyone could enlighten me that would be grand!

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

Didi = dee dee

Kiley = KY will be like the first part of Kite and than Lee

Giz = Gee ZZZZZZZZZZZ
ImageImage

DSVella

Post by DSVella »

So Kiley as in kylie Monogue. Thanks that was baffling me ( I was thinking Kill - lee or Kelly).

Also I got Didi (as in from Dexters Lab) but should've put Désirée, I don't know what to do with the "é" character.

Thanks again. :)

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Kamino Neko
Screaming Nekomimi

Post by Kamino Neko »

I'm surprised you can have little enough exposure to French to not know the e-acute.

A vague English approximation of 'Day seer ray'.

Also, Giz has explained her name elsewere, and it's pronounced the same as the same characters in 'gizmo'.
I swear I will, I'll make you smile.

Original fiction by Neko: Heroes of Angel City (now in convenient (and edited) ebook form!). Kuchisake.

wiseguy

Post by wiseguy »

m,than.k.ks

I assume the G would be an "English G"

but I guess it is a "French G"
ImageImage

DSVella

Post by DSVella »

@ Kamino Neko

Thanks for that and to answer your first point I've had exposure to the French language about 15 years ago. As a Brit French language studies were compulsory but those days were a while ago now & when I was given the option I dropped it in favour of German.

I'll update my profile with some extra info.