Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 01-10-19 We ate out one time

Post by Giz »

LegendaryKroc

Re: PTC 01-10-19 We ate out one time

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Well, aren't you a regular Robin Hood, Jung? Hahaha.

Anyway, I guess THAT'S still a thing. I guess she's really committed to being with Annie.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

aww, she stayed

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Probably the most explicit scene we've seen in the new series, which I hope won't become too frequent; don't get me wrong, nothing wrong with a bit of raunchiness, but I was hoping this new series would remain on its initial more "tame" attitude for a change.
I might catch some crap for adding that I'm not thrilled that Maura is still having a thing with Lynn (nor a fan of Lynn's smug expression in the memory); though, her vague phrasing kind of indicates that perhaps it is a f**k arrangement in the past tense - Maura did accidentally relay "eating out" happened only once, which seems uncharacteristic of the hyper amorous Lynn, thus making it seem that the stupid sexual part of their stupid relationship has ended and now is just one of the many Ma3 friendships that started because of idiotic hook ups.

Jung is ever the opportunist; I think he is meting out some flattery to hook the relative small timers as he anticipates it could lead to catching the bigger names along with the deal. Hell, he even plugged the idea for them to bring a colleague himself, so I'm certain he knows that Maura and Tess aren't the big name draws, but are an easier way to acquire the big name draws.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

And Jung to prove not everyone in this comic is braindead
Thank you.
And even small timers would be a draw. Now Comicons scrambles to have the voice actor who did 2 episodes of obscure series. If they are popular enough to have figurines, they are popular enough to do a signing in an indie comic store.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, I swore to myself that I wouldn't comment any more on this comic until I could find something properly nice to say about it, so now I can say that I disagree with OoO. An upfront treatment of sex, with the odd mildly explicit image, done with some class, is the USP of the Ma3-universe line -- so I think this strip is good stuff in that respect. And while Ma3 didn't always have the biggest laughs on the Web, it's good when there's a half-decent joke -- and Maura's extended exercise in jamming her foot into her mouth here raised a definite smile from me.

So this is a good strip all round, in my opinion. Hooray.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Always liked that saying "...joined at the hip." Now even more so.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

And that's why Jung has managed to keep his comic store in business for however long the setting's been going on.

brasca

Post by brasca »

And this is why Jung is the boss. He offers the product free in a way that's not insulting and could generate even more money if they set up an autograph table.

Welcome back Spidrift. I was starting to think you were scared off.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Maura's getting embarrassed, but she really doesn't need to be. I guess she's sensitive. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Standing orders in the promotion may be to avoid public discussion of actual private lives, to preserve kayfabe private lives in the public eye.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

Lynn's afraid of being typecast, remember?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Good point. She may well have made that point loud and clear to Maura.
---------
Spidrift