Post by Giz »

TheFoolishOne

Re: PTC 05-09-19 Not too generous with compliments

Post by TheFoolishOne »

LOL

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I'm not quite sure which way to interpret the flashing - does Zadie know that Roxie is gay and is certain that her own beauty is enough to manipulate favour from her? Or does Zadie feel insecure about her body, simply wanting reassurance from someone she believes to be a neutral party? I hope it is the latter because I'm not the biggest fan of Zadie due to her manipulative streak (no pun intended); however, if it is just to ease her doubts about her appearance, then that humanises her more than previously seen (even if flaunting nudity is an odd method to do it, though, since she may believe Roxie is straight and knows that she is a professional gym instructor, it could fall under the trainer's purview).

capicoli

Post by capicoli »

And then Zadie was kicked out of the gym for sexual harassment

brasca

Post by brasca »

capicoli wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:20 pm
And then Zadie was kicked out of the gym for sexual harassment
Maybe. But I think Roxie might appreciate that free show too much to object.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:59 am
I'm not quite sure which way to interpret the flashing - does Zadie know that Roxie is gay and is certain that her own beauty is enough to manipulate favour from her? Or does Zadie feel insecure about her body, simply wanting reassurance from someone she believes to be a neutral party?
It's the second, we already know with Julian that Zadie doesn't get clues, and we also learned that she is insecure about her body so she has issues posing naked, so she is checking with a neutral party how does she look (of course, we know that Roxie is gay so she is not that neutral).

BTW, it seems that Zadie is her type, because Roxie has seen Didi naked, hell, she has been in Didi's boobs, and right now her reaction to Zadie flashing was bigger.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Little tidbit I picked up from an exercise website: ice baths or cold showers are something you should do after each exercise session. It helps prevent muscle ache in future. Looks like our friends could use it right now.

I can't tell if Roxie's expression is supposed to be shock, arousal or both. Either seems reasonable under the circumstances.

I can certainly relate to body insecurities. Assuming that's what this is about.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Zadie isn't big on decorum. I guess she thinks Roxie has seen a lot of female nudity, so it's OK to flash her like that.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Soo... Miss Zadie has absolutely no gaydar whatsoever. Zero. Nil. None. :))

So much awkwardness comin' our way!

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:40 am
Soo... Miss Zadie has absolutely no gaydar whatsoever. Zero. Nil. None. :))

So much awkwardness comin' our way!
Indeed. I just hope the scene doesn’t switch to something else on Tuesday.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

=_= ... Zadie needs to learn to provide context for personal - not to mention highly subjective - questions like these.

I think her motivation here is that Roxie is a professional in the field of physical fitness, and knows what an idealised physique is supposed to look like.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I find it rather poignant that someone as attractive as Zadie seems so insecure about her looks. This is not a rare phenomenon IRL, I have heard. Also, why should Roxy be giving out a lot of compliments? What is she supposed to be, a yap yap sycophant? :-? ;-)

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

It definitely isn't a rare phenomenon. Our species has a built-in reflex, we unconsciously judge every person we see on their appearance. Evolution's little contribution to life sucking a little bit more, on top of everything else we have this thing hardwired into our brain that evaluates people. Are they a threat to my safety? Could I potentially make healthy babies with them?

The more attractive you are the more you get looked at. The more you get looked at the more you are *aware* you're getting looked at.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

There's also a part of your brain that logs your body fat and urges you to eat more once the percentage drops for some reason - like dieting. It was invaluable during the Stone Age, but hasn't gotten the memo about agriculture and supermarkets and still has a fit and starts screaming "Ohcrapwe'regonnaSTARVE!!! Start eating and don't stop!!!!" if somebody loses weight.

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

Taking all bets, I wager that Roxie will give a non-answer due to her "surprise" and Zadie will mistake that as confirmation that her body is indeed hideous.