Giz
Site Admin

PTC 01-08-19 Loosen my policy

Post by Giz »

UnsightlyWalrus

Re: PTC 01-08-19 Loosen my policy

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

*sigh*

I think the plot point of Zadie and Aaron not knowing Julians orientation is going to drag on for an eternity.

Taliesyn

Post by Taliesyn »

Yep, it's obviously going to be the centerpoint of the the entire strip.
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

>facepalmXinfinity< Zadie, this is not how you get the gay guy to move in with you. It's not even how you get the not-dumb straight guys to move in...
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

ok, I think I see where this is going now :D

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Oddly, I suppose their ignorance of Julian's sexuality is plausible - typically, people wouldn't announce their orientation, and others usually assume one due to a person's demeanour, anyway. Nevertheless, it being dragged out as the main joke is disconcerting, unless some other more amusing gags start being introduced.
I'm glad Julian is still likeable, so no matter how annoying and obnoxious Aaron and Zadie have been shown to be, at least we have him to be relatable.
Also, I guess my prior feeling of this becoming Bizarro Ma3 may become more accurate if Julian moves in with them?

Sage

Post by Sage »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 10:12 am
Oddly, I suppose their ignorance of Julian's sexuality is plausible - typically, people wouldn't announce their orientation, and others usually assume one due to a person's demeanour, anyway. Nevertheless, it being dragged out as the main joke is disconcerting, unless some other more amusing gags start being introduced.
I'm glad Julian is still likeable, so no matter how annoying and obnoxious Aaron and Zadie have been shown to be, at least we have him to be relatable.
Also, I guess my prior feeling of this becoming Bizarro Ma3 may become more accurate if Julian moves in with them?
The real joke comes in if Aaron really does discover he's gay, and starts dating Julian. Then Zadie basically set herself up to be the only person in the house not getting laid. Which, I can't lie, would be hilarious. I'm totally into it.

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

Love the art but I'm going to be a bit honest...the dialogue comes across dated.

A lot of these strips just don't come across as natural conversation, just in my opinion. Even if drunk, Zadie doesn't seem the type to just say stuff like I'm Going To Maybe Walk Around In My Underwear in front of these men that she literally just met. And even if she was, why wouldn't Julien just naturally just say "Not interested/Sorry, you're cute just not my type."? It's kind of....hrm. it doesn't HAVE to be that humongous bombshell that requires a heart to heart sit-down one-by-one and he doesn't even have to out himself. He can just say he's not interested or she's not his type..

Considering Zadie JUST got out of a relationship, she just seems so unnecessarily horny for any hot guy in the vicinity. If it turns out shes the Need Sex type, why the shy rigmarole?? Seems so strange. Just start something/shoot your shot, A la Zii?

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

This young lady is a very strange individual.
**== **== **== **==

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

Can't understand this idea that Aaron discover himself being gay, it's like he can't even get to that. Well he sure need to grow his opinion on the matter, but feeling insecure at first is not odd for any straight guy.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Never thought I could hate someone more than Zii and Matt combined. Congratulations douchecanoe on being the biggest asshole character in MA3 history.

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

GROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *inhale* OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAN.....

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:36 pm
Love the art but I'm going to be a bit honest...the dialogue comes across dated.

A lot of these strips just don't come across as natural conversation, just in my opinion. Even if drunk, Zadie doesn't seem the type to just say stuff like I'm Going To Maybe Walk Around In My Underwear in front of these men that she literally just met. And even if she was, why wouldn't Julien just naturally just say "Not interested/Sorry, you're cute just not my type."? It's kind of....hrm. it doesn't HAVE to be that humongous bombshell that requires a heart to heart sit-down one-by-one and he doesn't even have to out himself. He can just say he's not interested or she's not his type..
I think part of this conversation is being seen through a beer induced haze and motivated with a lot of lust. They're all seated with Julien in the middle and yet in the fourth panel Zadie is in about the same position Julie is. Perhaps Zadie said something off handed about feeling relaxed around him and this is what Aaron interpreted. It's not entirely wrong because I think Zadie would do just that as well as accidentally lose her towel after showering to try to lure him into her bed.

I'm more intrigued by Zadie than Aaron. He's as dense as he is because he's an emotionally stunted geek who's lived with his parents his whole life. Zadie went to college. She should know better, but she's the Girl-with-no-gaydar. Deep down she might be only marginally more mature than Aaron, but is just better at pretending.

LargoJr

Post by LargoJr »

what-ever... pretty much every 'Threes Company' cliche you can think of... hilarity ensues... or not. Congrats on a new comic where everyone is selfish, childish, manipulative and petty....... not to mention freakishly obtuse

.... again....

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Just as I thought, Julian will be moving in with Aaron and Zadie.

And if Giz wants to indulge herself with this comic let her. It's her comic after all. One wonders if Dave01 and TCampbell are even providing any input. And the art is excellent as always. But unfortunately, the current story, characters, and comedy just ain't my cup of tea. Sorry Giz.

*Puts yet another webcomic on the back burner for a few months*