Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 23-07-19 Gotta respect tradition

Post by Giz »

Dragon Paladin

Re: PTC 23-07-19 Gotta respect tradition

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Yep. Julian and Aaron are gonna end up together.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

lol, :D

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

From his reaction to Dillon, we already established that Julian likes twinks

And now he's seeing his old classmate, his smaller, svelte, and lean classmate barechested
I do believe that Aaron has unknowingly pressed one of Julian's hot-under-the collar buttons.
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

With Aaron's blonde hair, slender/petite build, and his emerging body image issues one wonders if he's related to Kiley. Maybe they're siblings?

And I'm still predicting that Julian will move in with Aaron and Zadie.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Another inoffensive strip. Zadie's thirst is manifesting through a reasonable invitation, rather than flinging herself left and right like a lunatic. Aaron is acting like a person, and his insecurity is aimed in a reasonable direction. Julian is generally nice, I think.

After that 400-year interview scene, I was expecting more of the same. If things keep going this smoothly, though, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
**== **== **== **==

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Valkog wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 12:16 pm
Another inoffensive strip. Zadie's thirst is manifesting through a reasonable invitation, rather than flinging herself left and right like a lunatic. Aaron is acting like a person, and his insecurity is aimed in a reasonable direction. Julian is generally nice, I think.

After that 400-year interview scene, I was expecting more of the same. If things keep going this smoothly, though, I'll be pleasantly surprised.
I concur.

Zadie has dialled back from cougar to now what feel like being neighbourly and simple attempts to form friendship.
Aaron's reaction is more reasonable insecurity, rather than the delusional and *accidental* hateful attitude from before.

brasca

Post by brasca »

samtheman wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 am
With Aaron's blonde hair, slender/petite build, and his emerging body image issues one wonders if he's related to Kiley. Maybe they're siblings?

If it's the excuse they need to bring her into the story I'll take it.

Julian could move in, but if he did this would quickly become an imitation of Menage a 3 with slightly different characters. Aaron is the unlucky in love nerd with poor social skills, Zadie is the talented girl too often blinded by lust to make clear decisions, and Julian is the attractive and amicable object of at least one out of the two roomate's affection. They're not quite Gary, Zii, and DiDi, but close enough that people would be complaining about it all being done before.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

samtheman wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 11:03 am
There's not much known about Julian's living situation or relationship status yet. In his last appearance on SDB, he was about to go on a date with Jordan - is that still going on?

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

I'll admit it even as a (mostly) straight guy I still know what attractive men look like, and Aaron is easy on the eyes. An endurance build rather than a power build. Back when I was riding 120 miles round trip on a bicycle to have lunch with my GF living in a nursing home in another city I used to hang out with lots of guys who were built like Aaron. I never did look like that, but a large proportion of the members of my bike club did.

And as to how Julian and Aaron will mesh romantically, I think probably not at all. I think the closest they will get would be to recognize each other as physically attractive and admit as much to the other. I think Julian has a much better chance of a LTR with the artist they met at the shop.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Julian likes twinks and guys from his past. It’s a two-fer!

But can yaoi enthusiast and superhero enthusiast ever really mesh?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

brasca wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:08 pm
If it's the excuse they need to bring her into the story I'll take it.

Julian could move in, but if he did this would quickly become an imitation of Menage a 3 with slightly different characters. Aaron is the unlucky in love nerd with poor social skills, Zadie is the talented girl too often blinded by lust to make clear decisions, and Julian is the attractive and amicable object of at least one out of the two roomate's affection. They're not quite Gary, Zii, and DiDi, but close enough that people would be complaining about it all being done before.
Honestly I'm just fanwanking about Aaron and Kiley possibly being related but more than likely Aaron is just the half-assed replacement for Gary and Kiley in that Aaron is a socially awkward nerd like Gary except with a more obnoxious personality but he also has body image issues like Kiley.

As for Julian moving in with Aaron and Zadie, this comic would kinda become like Ma3 but the creative team might just shrug their shoulders and handwave it as "We're just writing what we know". Or maybe someone else from the Ma3verse will move in with Aaron and Zadie. Some readers would complain but the creative team won't give a shit.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

So par for the course right?

If they had anything else left TO read I would rather read that than this.

Is this how it's gonna be all the time?

Zadie chucks herself at a hot guy while Aaron tries to defend what he thinks is his.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

SailorDh wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:37 am
So par for the course right?
There is a new element here - Julian being attracted to Aaron.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

No, it's not new.

Zii and Gary were both drooling over Didi and Zii was repulsed by Gary at the start.