Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 16-07-19 A good deed

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: PTC 16-07-19 A good deed

Post by OllieOrOlly »

"Good deed"? Well, we knew that Aaron was delusional, but this is becoming aggressively strong cognitive dissonance. Can't quite relate to such a person, let alone *want* them to become better; rather, just want them to wallow in self-pity and away from view. (That's mean, admittedly, but that's the blunt truth at the moment).
Zadie creeping on Julian is still, well, creepy; seriously hope it won't be a running gag in which neither the knucklehead protagonists realise he is gay until later for a punchline.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Douchecanoe she's out of your league, she's breathing.

oddtail

Post by oddtail »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 am
seriously hope it won't be a running gag in which neither the knucklehead protagonists realise he is gay until later for a punchline.
I hope so too, but I think it's too late for realistically think it won't. It wasn't cleared up and Aaron has proven to be mentally incapable of realising Julian is gay (there's no other semi-coherent explanation why he interrupted him mid-word multiple times other than "he doesn't want to hear that he's gay for some reason"; it'd be too contrived a coincidence for even this kind of comedy if he just HAPPENED to keep interrupting).

And since it was established so forcefully that Aaron doesn't know about Julian's orientation and suggested so strongly that it's going to be Aaron's hang-up going on, past experience suggests to me that this is going to be "a thing". Forever. See "I'm not a lesbian" gag from the original MA3 comic. I expect this thing to develop (or, not develop) similarly.

I mean, I *want* to be wrong about this. I'll do a celebratory little dance if this is just quietly dropped or quickly resolved. But I am not holding my breath.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Anyone else remember the time someone got so annoyed by one of these comics that they got turbo-banned and took the rest of the board with them for a hot minute? I'm surprised it hasn't happened again, yet.
**== **== **== **==

someone

Post by someone »

This is going to be one of these comics where the entire cast including extras and cameos just get together into a gigantic fuckfest orgy to clear their hormones. Mà3 was like this too.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Valkog wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Anyone else remember the time someone got so annoyed by one of these comics that they got turbo-banned and took the rest of the board with them for a hot minute? I'm surprised it hasn't happened again, yet.
When did that happen? If it means purging some of the biggest whiners then it would be Christmas in July.

Seriously, this is is the first chapter so I’m not expecting that much excitement.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:13 am
Well, we knew that Aaron was delusional
Not delusional, really, but one of you guys has to go explain the concept of "friend zone" to him.

You could say that is actually a form of delusion but it isn't necessarily. Been there, done that: you can be perfectly aware of reality and still want to change it because you are crushing. And often third parties will tell you not to give up.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Excitement isn't on the menu, here. That much has been made abundantly clear by this endless scene of Zadie flinging herself left and right with a manic smile over every minor stimulus. I'm sure once we get some time away from the weird girl and the homophobe, things will pick up some. Or at the very least, once we get away from the same scene we've been reading for the past several years.
**== **== **== **==

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

brasca wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:33 pm
Valkog wrote:
When did that happen? If it means purging some of the biggest whiners then it would be Christmas in July.
You should be so lucky, Stepford Wife.

No, I believe the incident Valkog is referring to comes from this thread, when now banned user dorgengoa blew their top and vowed to quit DC but keep coming back to harass other users, Don tried to ban them by IP to avoid ban evasion and ended up banning the entire forum, including himself, due to a technical glitch of some kind before fixing it. You know, the one where you got all snide at a banned user, Fluffy called you out on it and Don gave you a warning.

brasca

Post by brasca »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:03 pm
brasca wrote:
Valkog wrote:

No, I believe the incident Valkog is referring to comes from this thread, when now banned user dorgengoa blew their top and vowed to quit DC but keep coming back to harass other users, Don tried to ban them by IP to avoid ban evasion and ended up banning the entire forum, including himself, due to a technical glitch of some kind before fixing it. You know, the one where you got all snide at a banned user, Fluffy called you out on it and Don gave you a warning.
So I'm a Stepford Wife because I don't hate every single thing I read on Pixie Trix Comix yet inexplicably remain a reader? :-?

I recall that incident, but it only ended with dorgengoa getting banned. Now that time when Amber went to bed with Dillon's friend Ray while previously having a martahon of swirlie-go-rounds with Dillon's crush Gary got all kinds of slut shamming comments and there were more than a few people who were not allowed to return. And before that the Vyndicator Decepticon plot.

I'm actually curious as to how much Don actually polices this site. Eisu didn't get banned for what he said to you.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

At least we are FINALLY getting a scene change. But if Aaron and Zadie continue to be obnoxious idiots I will probably drop this webcomic. I've dropped several other webcomics already because they became boring, stupid, or both so I'm used to it. I could see Ruby and/or Kiley get introduced into this webcomic soon in order to win back the crowd but they will also be dumbed down so the farce can continue.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Why dumb them down when you have Aaron and Zadie for that? I get that they're not very popular for a lot of legitimate reasons, but because they are prone to stupidity for the sake of the plot or comedy other characters can shine. Aside from Ramona being swayed by flattery she's been fairly level headed throughout this story and Jung is so far unflappable. Julius seems to be as level headed as he was on Sticky Dilly Buns and the jury is still out on Felix, but so far so good.

I do wonder if Ruby may be slightly different because she's getting laid on a regular basis and maybe Kiley got over her body issues.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm sure Ruby is a bit more relaxed and easy-going now but unless Kiley got a boyfriend that likes her petite figure she is probably still having body image issues. But if they were to bring Ruby and/or Kiley into this comic without dumbing them down then I would probably keep reading. But then other readers would probably complain that the creative team is bringing back too many other characters from the the Ma3verse instead of introducing new and original characters.

And it looks like Spidrift jumped ship or at least left the forum but I don't blame him for that.

Quote removed. The DAMNed

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:06 am
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:03 pm
brasca wrote:

So I'm a Stepford Wife because I don't hate every single thing I read on Pixie Trix Comix yet inexplicably remain a reader? :-?

I recall that incident, but it only ended with dorgengoa getting banned. Now that time when Amber went to bed with Dillon's friend Ray while previously having a marathon of swirlie-go-rounds with Dillon's crush Gary got all kinds of slut shamming comments and there were more than a few people who were not allowed to return. And before that the Vyndicator Decepticon plot.

I'm actually curious as to how much Don actually polices this site. Eisu didn't get banned for what he said to you.
You have said the forbidden words and summoned THE MOD!!! :ymdevil: Please do not mention the Vin-dick-eater plot.

Anyway, all of you, quiet down, the comic is 11 years old, please don't behave like little kids. :P

And, yes, I did once manage to ban the entire forum including Giz, Dave and myself, thanks to some bug in a newly installed system. But that was quickly solved and only the mentioned poster got banned for flaming.

The DAMNed

And concerning the comic, I see stupidity is still flourishing in Montreal, especially good old Pointdexter here! :P
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)