PTC 09-07-17 Your pecs get all the girls

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LegendaryKroc

Re: PTC 09-07-17 Your pecs get all the girls

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Yvan. His name was Yvan.

And for whatever it's worth, the non-straight people could be just as dickish. See Angel, Sonya, Matt and even Senna.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 6:31 am
Zadie has only just met Julian, but if she fails to pick up on the clues then she's the Girl with No Gaydar:
What clues, exactly? You mean being flattered at Aaron's noticing his looks or not having a girlfriend? Because neither are indications that Julian is gay.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:52 am
brasca wrote:
Zadie has only just met Julian, but if she fails to pick up on the clues then she's the Girl with No Gaydar:
What clues, exactly? You mean being flattered at Aaron's noticing his looks or not having a girlfriend? Because neither are indications that Julian is gay.
Dillon is his role model. There are clues.

blood_and_cocopops

Post by blood_and_cocopops »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 am
Yvan. His name was Yvan.

And for whatever it's worth, the non-straight people could be just as dickish. See Angel, Sonya, Matt and even Senna.
Angel Sonya matt and Senna were all dickish but each of them did have some redeeming qualities So far Aaron has had none.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

blood_and_cocopops wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:37 pm
Angel Sonya matt and Senna were all dickish but each of them did have some redeeming qualities So far Aaron has had none.
To be fair, neither has Zadie.
brasca wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:03 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:52 am
brasca wrote:
Dillon is his role model. There are clues.
Near as anyone knows, Aaron never met Dillon. And Zadie sure hasn't. Meaning neither of them would know Julian is associated with him/idolizes him. And even if they did, having a gay role model wouldn't automatically make the person who idolizes them gay.

The fact is what we know as the readers (i.e. - that Julian is gay) doesn't mean everyone in the comic universe is aware. And from what we've seen play out in the last couple of strips, there is absolutely squat all that would clue either Aaron or Zadie in on that fact that Julian is gay (as he doesn't fit a gay stereotype). The only way they will clue in is if Julian or someone else tells them point blank.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

dmra

Post by dmra »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:26 am
Yvan. His name was Yvan.

Thanks for the reminder about Yvan.

And to be fair there have been some characters who appear to be straight who haven't been awful people - like Junghan and Ramona - or whose sexuality never came up for discussion.

It's just that Aaron looks like being a major character with a lot of the "humour" around him coming from his inept attempts at putting his straightness into practice so he stands out more.

Regardless of all that I think we might get a more rounded view of him once we finish this "handsome man comes in and Aaron and Zadie do their thing" thing and start to get some more varied scenes. Because it's doing neither of them any favours at the moment although it might work better if we were reading this once more of the story was finished and weren't having to wait between updates.

VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

I understand that stupidity is part of the pixietrix formula, but this is on a level that is migraine-inducing.