PTC 04-07-19 Built like this guy

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Re: PTC 04-07-19 Built like this guy

Post by Azrael »

Stop! Pedantry time! PTC is 25 strips long, as of this one. By 25 strips Ma3 had introduced what would be eight recurring characters: Gary, Dillon, Matt, Jung, Zii, Lita, DiDi, and Rob. You could also technically add Gary's boss and Eulice to that total if you wanted to stretch it a bit. I don't count Eulice because she wasn't actually pictured yet, she just yelled up through the floor. So at six PTC is a bit behind that benchmark.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:06 pm
I have to wonder if Julian got his physique naturally or he had to work at it. I suppose I might be jealous too if one growth spurt later and Julian is who he is today. Well if Aaron is feeling inferior perhaps he should see a therapist. I think there's someone who knows something about that. :ympray:
What did Kiley ever do to wish the douchecanoe on her?
I would say she has suffered enough having a relationship with Matt.

brasca

Post by brasca »

SailorDh wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 6:16 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:06 pm
I have to wonder if Julian got his physique naturally or he had to work at it. I suppose I might be jealous too if one growth spurt later and Julian is who he is today. Well if Aaron is feeling inferior perhaps he should see a therapist. I think there's someone who knows something about that. :ympray:
What did Kiley ever do to wish the douchecanoe on her?
I would say she has suffered enough having a relationship with Matt.
He’s an ass, but his issues aren’t nearly as complex as Kiley’s former patients. I’ll take any excuse to get her back.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Knowing him, he will say how small her chest is out loud.

Hopefully she kicks him square in the nuts if he does.

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Im probably so alone on this but I like Aaron the most so far :)) . He's arrogant and a fool and showing typical teenage-geek boy with high hopes of accomplishing ALL the things with little to no effort. Being in the comic industry makes it even more funny as there's so much odd stuff going on in comic communities.
He's so desperately needing a counterpart character though, he's even imagining everyone as a potential rival and making up reasons on the go.
He needs a proper reason to want to change, or not want to change but having to do it involunteerly to show he's better than them.
But so far the cards with hints of that happening has been laid out that it could happen anytime soon.
eeeek!

sparky

Post by sparky »

Udyr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:28 am
Im probably so alone on this but I like Aaron the most so far :)) . He's arrogant and a fool and showing typical teenage-geek boy with high hopes of accomplishing ALL the things with little to no effort. Being in the comic industry makes it even more funny as there's so much odd stuff going on in comic communities.
He's so desperately needing a counterpart character though, he's even imagining everyone as a potential rival and making up reasons on the go.
He needs a proper reason to want to change, or not want to change but having to do it involunteerly to show he's better than them.
But so far the cards with hints of that happening has been laid out that it could happen anytime soon.
Yeah, I'm one of the ones who disagree with you. Between him being an utterly annoying ass all the time and Zadie being overly horny (which hasn't been funny since 1977) I think that I am giving up on this. Sandra is over so there's really no reason for me to stay. I may do what my husband does and checks these out every month or two but who knows. One thing for sure is that I'm not going to be looking into buying this volume even if it does improve eventually. Too many bad strips in this one. Maybe volume 2, maybe not. We will see.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:32 am
Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:59 am
Who wants to start making wagers on how the characters get paired off? My guess is Aaron ends up being a closeted busexual and ends up with Felix.
Hard to guess. Jokes notwithstanding, not everyone in these comics turns out to be bi (just most people), and while it would sort of serve Aaron right if he discovered that truth, he’s been such an ass about things that a turnaround would be quite serious drama... I kind of get the feeling that Aaron being an obnoxious idiot is set to be a fixed point in this comic, indefinitely. But then again, Gary being a hopeless virgin was a fixed point for a long time, until it wasn’t.

But what do I know? It’s not like the mood or the plot arcs of this comic are anything like established yet.
How exactly is becoming bi serving Aaron right? Or anyone right exactly? If it's just who you are, it doesn't serve anyone right or wrong. :p

Though, I can imagine the comic going the way of Julian training Aaron in how to get the physique and then they wind up a couple! Sounds like a typical me3 verse storyline.

Not sure I see his attitude being fixed. Likely setup to be part of his character growth and then rush it at the end when they cancel the comic.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Udyr wrote:
Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:28 am
A counterpart... or a mentor? I mean... Gary hasn't been into the store to pick up his comics yet. ;)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:52 am
How exactly is becoming bi serving Aaron right?
Not becoming, discovering. A homophobe discovering that he is the thing that he so loudly despises is likely to suffer a certain amount of schadenfreude-inducing emotional trauma.
Though, I can imagine the comic going the way of Julian training Aaron in how to get the physique and then they wind up a couple! Sounds like a typical me3 verse storyline.
On past form, Julian would offer to train Aaron, Aaron would accept, and then the comic would get interested in something else and forget about that plot idea...

Oh crap, I really don’t come to these boards to be sour and cynical. It’s become a bad habit. I should probably cry off for a while.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I realize that Zadie and Aaron are on the emotional equivalent of "The Hero's Journey" and that, in the long run, there's nothing more boring than a main character who starts out mature and self-actualized. But they are both soooo annoying right now. I know its rushing the story, but maybe a little character improvement would be greatly appreciated. :ympray: