Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 28-05-19 Not on the rebound

Post by Giz »

Valkog

Re: PTC 28-05-19 Not on the rebound

Post by Valkog »

What kind of weirdo washes their lips, anyway?
**== **== **== **==

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Zadie has some good Zii-esque "busted" face, perhaps even an evolved version from the original user!
I thought Ramona's anger at Aaron was misplaced, since it was Zadie that dragged him in the pantomime, however, whatever - I guess - sympathy that could be had for Aaron quickly evaporated by his creepy, stalker-level comment about the kiss; perhaps Aaron is simply teasing her, but the hearts and his dumb expression seem to indicate that isn't the case. Evidently, despite Zadie being hand-cracking clear last time, Aaron is either too delusional or stupid to take the hint? I'm jumping way ahead, but I would be okay with them becoming actual friends, as long as that is close as they get.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

I'm sure he's smart enough to respect her boundaries. That doesn't mean he's not going to still have feelings for her, or that he suddenly stopped being a fairly stereotypical nerd. This is just bad timing with certain information, a stock and trade of comedic misunderstandings.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Valkog wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 9:31 am
What kind of weirdo washes their lips, anyway?
Aside from anyone removing lipstick, I guess "any weirdo who's washing their face and doesn't carefully stop at the edge of the lip"?
LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:04 pm
This is just bad timing with certain information, a stock and trade of comedic misunderstandings.
Yeah, the strip is a routine romcom-flavoured joke.

I'm more interested in the women's dress sense. Zadie's enhanced T-shirt is a bit stylised for the sake of it, and Ramona's discovery of her adult sexual side appears to have taken her off in pursuit of that slightly showy camisole-ish off-the-shoulder look. Apart from the fact that it's obviously still summer in Montreal, it seems that Giz, escaping from the need to draw seventeen varieties of sexpot or rocker, is now doodling a bit...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 12:19 pm
I'm more interested in the women's dress sense. Zadie's enhanced T-shirt is a bit stylised for the sake of it, and Ramona's discovery of her adult sexual side appears to have taken her off in pursuit of that slightly showy camisole-ish off-the-shoulder look. Apart from the fact that it's obviously still summer in Montreal, it seems that Giz, escaping from the need to draw seventeen varieties of sexpot or rocker, is now doodling a bit...
It looks nice, but not very practical if they're going to be setting up an office. It could be potentially dusty and grimy back there.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Something about this comic has me thinking Aaron can't and/or won't improve.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Zadie's always beautiful, even when she's embarrassed. :)

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue May 28, 2019 1:04 pm
Something about this comic has me thinking Aaron can't and/or won't improve.
I don’t know what Giz’s intention is in that regard, but remembering that Gary had eight and a half years of not actually changing, then bang, he mutated into a human being... We may not see a process of gradual subtle changes here either. Or Aaron may stay the same because that’s his comic function.

(Or he may do a Ruby and actually have some character development. But he isn’t being drawn as subtly as Ruby at this time.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And Aaron continues to be an annoying douchebag. At least the comic seems to be focusing on the comic book publishing plot for now. I'm still hoping that at least Ruby shows up and becomes a substantial character in this comic. And I'm sure Gary will show up at some point but he'll probably only be a satellite character. Ramona still needs an artist unless she herself is going to provide the artwork for the comic they are going to publish.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

Gotta say, I'm loving Ramona a lot more in this, especially with her new looks.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Love Ramona's attire. Expected the ramifications of Zadie's rashness.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

EmptyHat

Post by EmptyHat »

While not really fair to the situation if I'd known Aaron for a while I'd default to being angry at him too.