Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 16-05-19 Your wiki

Post by Giz »

brasca

Re: PTC 16-05-19 Your wiki

Post by brasca »

Say what you will about Aaron, but fortune favors the bold and lady luck happened to be on his side.

And apparently he did have the wherewithal to switch back into his street clothes. Then again Jung might not want his clothes damaged.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Y'know, that's some awfully convenient timing. She's playing these people like a fiddle.
**== **== **== **==

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Aaannd so it begins :D

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

If she had some sense, Zii should've patented that move! :))
I don't know if it is intended as a hint of a spiritual successor or merely a recycled gag, but either way, if Zadie is an impulsive person like Zii, then it is going to be a tough road ahead...

Seems like Samantha - as the credits name her - has similar if longer hair than Zadie, so the akin fashion could be an indication of Raymond's preferences, or perhaps showing that both girls had dyed their hair presumably because he likes the style? It appears as though Samantha has a larger bust than Zadie, or simply dresses less conservatively; regardless, I suppose that is one detail that Raymond's wandering eye stuck to. I'd prefer something more to endear Zadie to the audience before throwing her drama at us, yet maybe her drama will help display her characterisation.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Lucky bastards. Both of the guys seem to be faring pretty good with their dates. Of course Samantha could be psycho and Zadie could be manipulative (as the forumites keep speculating she is some sort of Machiavellian agent). In my experience though, Samantha's are a red flag; handle with care.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

So Raymond is, we discover, another instance of Giz's Generic Attractive Blond Guy.
brasca wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:36 am
Say what you will about Aaron, but fortune favors the bold and lady luck happened to be on his side.
He's actually being a lot less of an ass in this strip. I mean, he's not doing anything actively annoying, which is a step up from everything else we've seen from him in the PTC strips. If he can just carry on this way, well, he might or might not get anywhere with Zadie, but he'll head into the Gary not-actually-horrible zone.

Whether he's actually supposed to be a fairly decent kid who just handled those first few scenes badly, or whether he's an idiot nerd who hasn't noticed that the trick to being liked is not trying too hard, remains to be seen. It may depend whether Giz needs him more as a geek-audience-identification-character or as a subject of comedy. His annoying ugh-gay-squick attitude to yaoi should be a bad sign, but the comic may just quietly forget that if Aaron is set to be developed sympathetically
brasca wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:36 am
And apparently he did have the wherewithal to switch back into his street clothes. Then again Jung might not want his clothes damaged.
That is actually odd, because it appeared to me in the previous strip that he and Zadie were heading out the street door. Now, he could have said at any moment "Oops, excuse me while I change" and stepped back for the purpose, but then that would have left Zadie standing around the shop for a few minutes, in which time I'd have expected Jung and Ramona to go a bit what-the-hell at her.

I guess he just has magic costume change powers. Maybe he learned something from reading all those superhero comics.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 am
If she had some sense, Zii should've patented that move!
I don't think that she invented it. See Fake Relationship and Fake-Out Make-Out over at TV Tropes.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 10:49 am
Seems like Samantha - as the credits name her - has similar if longer hair than Zadie, so the akin fashion could be an indication of Raymond's preferences, or perhaps showing that both girls had dyed their hair presumably because he likes the style?
He may have a type. But Giz tends to revert to a set of habits when dashing off new minor characters (no, I doubt that Raymond is actually related to Dillon or James), so it may not mean anything.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Wonder if the intent of his Power Girl claim is to show he's not as smart on comics as he claims, since that urban legend is pretty easily debunked: http://ragnell.blogspot.com/2006/05/pow ... judge.html Or the authors just think it's real.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

So the guy who is cheating on her -- does he actually know she is through with him?

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

*sigh*

I had high hopes this comic wouldn't be another romantic/sex comedy drama like Ma3 but it's looking like it's going to be. And calling it now: Samantha is going to be the artist that Ramona will recruit for the comics she's going to publish. And unless Ruby and/or Kiley show up in this comic soon in order to make it a bit more bearable I'm going to drop it.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Antinerd wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:28 pm
So the guy who is cheating on her -- does he actually know she is through with him?
She said she expected him to have cleared his stuff out of her apartment before she got home (or else). So she must have told him to eff off.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:28 pm
Wonder if the intent of his Power Girl claim is to show he's not as smart on comics as he claims, since that urban legend is pretty easily debunked: http://ragnell.blogspot.com/2006/05/pow ... judge.html Or the authors just think it's real.
I was wondering the same thing.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

Lack of brain cells wherever an ex-lover is concerned, impulsive just after denying such behavior, and a hopeless nerd getting action when all logic dictates that it shouldn't be possible.

Yep, this is the Ma3-verse.

Yarott

Post by Yarott »

samtheman wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:19 pm
*sigh*

I had high hopes this comic wouldn't be another romantic/sex comedy drama like Ma3 but it's looking like it's going to be. And calling it now: Samantha is going to be the artist that Ramona will recruit for the comics she's going to publish. And unless Ruby and/or Kiley show up in this comic soon in order to make it a bit more bearable I'm going to drop it.
Kyley as an office space psychologist? It could write itself if there were more characters involved in the workplace. Just gotta give them enough time to make the store workforce larger than Jung and Ramona could digest.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I could see the creative team do something crazy like that but I think it's more likely that only Ruby will show up in this comic and maybe play a substantial role. I'll give this webcomic a few more weeks but if it continues down this path I'm done with it.