PTC 23-04-19 Marketing genius

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

worldshaking00

Re: 23-04-19 Marketing genius

Post by worldshaking00 »

Good question. I don't think they should place too much emphasis on Ruby, otherwise she will take over the comic like in SDB, if the creative team aren't careful. They need to give us something new and interesting from Zadie... or someone else. Or some sort of major life-changing event to Jung or Ramona in order to liven things up. And with that being said, I realize we are only a few strips in. I am still optimistic that the story will lift off soon. Perhaps this is a "Tortoise and the Hare" sort of scenario...
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Re: 23-04-19 Marketing genius

Post by Spidrift »

I hope that Ruby reappears, but I doubt that she’d take over this comic. Half her story is done — she’s got a job and got her libido sufficiently sorted out — and the other parts — fully resolving her relationship with Amber, getting the hang of the Rudy side of her personality — wouldn’t really fit here. Ruby as a businesswoman is satisfying to watch, but not really much of a source of plots.

I too am just waiting to see what Zadie’s comedy schtick may be.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.