PTC 18-04-19 Hit the ground running

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

OllieOrOlly

Re: PTC 18-04-19 Hit the ground running

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Since Ramona's so-called office is a storage/stock room, I wonder if that indicates she is working *informally* (that is, a volunteer basis to help out Jung) or simply that the store lacks the resources and infrastructure for more employees?

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:51 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:08 pm
I'll accept any excuse to bring Kiley into this webcomic.
But does the creative team have any need or desire to bring Kiley into this webcomic other than appeasing us small number of Kiley fans?
I thought about this earlier. There doesn't seem to be many crazies in the story right now, so she would be of limited use. Her last appearance had her slamming a door saying "OKAY BYE" as well which might have been symbolic, lol

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:46 am
Maybe Yuki and Gary's doujin will get published out of PTC? Gary could do worse than work as an artist in the game studio and have a comic on the side.
Yeah, point. Gary could be brought back to appease his weird fanbase, but strictly as a guest character who’s got his shit together and is co-creating a book for the new outfit to publish.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:34 am
Since Ramona's so-called office is a storage/stock room, I wonder if that indicates she is working *informally* (that is, a volunteer basis to help out Jung) or simply that the store lacks the resources and infrastructure for more employees?
Or she’s not really working in or for the shop at all; rather, she’s been recruited to work on the new publishing arm ... which doesn’t have its own office yet, and so has to borrow space in the shop for things like interviews.

In which case, logically, the publishing arm needs to find an office soon, for the sake of everyone’s sanity and its credibility. However, logic be damned, having everyone tripping over everyone else in the shop will no doubt be considered hilarious.

Hmm. Can’t say I find the problems of running a publishing start-up look as interesting or funny as the private lives of a pack of sex-crazed idiots. Will wait and see how this comic develops.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Jean

Post by Jean »

So will it be a comic about publishing comics? Reminds me a lot of Striptease.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:14 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Or she’s not really working in or for the shop at all; rather, she’s been recruited to work on the new publishing arm ... which doesn’t have its own office yet, and so has to borrow space in the shop for things like interviews.

In which case, logically, the publishing arm needs to find an office soon, for the sake of everyone’s sanity and its credibility. However, logic be damned, having everyone tripping over everyone else in the shop will no doubt be considered hilarious.

Hmm. Can’t say I find the problems of running a publishing start-up look as interesting or funny as the private lives of a pack of sex-crazed idiots. Will wait and see how this comic develops.
That's a possibility, too.

As for the last paragraph - I'm inclined to agree. I don't need more sex-craziness, and especially don't want idiots dominating the plot again and again, but do hope some humanity is injected into a main storyline; the publishing start-up is a decent framework, so let's hope the characters will have quirks, personalities, and problems of their own to make it more engaging.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Or that is the office, and the stock has overflowed into it.
I once worked in an office with desk, chairs, typewriter, filing cabinet, (so it's definitely an office, right) and Dexion shelving full of paper stock to ceiling height round all the walls. I've shared several other offices with stock since, so I don't see this indicative of Ramona's position being informal or temporary.