Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

TheFoolishOne

Re: 09-04-19 Dynamite

Post by TheFoolishOne »

but but, we DID lock the door, see :P

biorji

Post by biorji »

😒 what am I going to do now this is over? Thanks for a great comic, the ride has been a good one.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So they bookend the entire comic and I'm looking forward to the next comic which to me looks like a simple spinoff or followup featuring Jung and Ramona in the comic book store.

And I too am a bit saddened that Kiley didn't get one final appearance before the end. Kiley and Peggy were my favorite female characters in the comic.

LarsenSan

Post by LarsenSan »

Menage a 3 ends without a menage a 3... oh, the irony!

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

This webcomic was a webcomic.
**== **== **== **==

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Ok, that was hilarious!

And i didn't realize Yuki wasn't going on the tour. Sonya we knew because she's with her new girlfriend and i guess Peggy never found out it was her ex.
samtheman wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:33 pm

And I too am a bit saddened that Kiley didn't get one final appearance before the end. Kiley and Peggy were my favorite female characters in the comic.
We never did learn what happened to her.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Cortez wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:10 pm
Yeah, a troper on TVTropes needs to add the "What Happened To The Mouse" trope to Kiley's character. The creative team could have at least shown Kiley happy with a new boyfriend in the background of one of the panels so we would know she got her happy ending.

And I just now noticed that Kiley is still present on the colored version of the volume 10 cover. Thanks for twisting the knife creative team. But I'll read your next comic anyway because I can't help myself.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Valkog wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:40 pm
This webcomic was a webcomic.

They truly were a Menage a 3.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

So that's what we are huh? We're some kinda.. Pixie Trix Comics?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And i didn't realize Yuki wasn't going on the tour.
Established when the whole tour arrangement was set up.
samtheman wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:33 pm
I'd like her to have had a last bow too, but I felt that she was someone who required the least closure or explanation. She was always pretty well sorted out; she was working towards her qualifications, and despite her silly boobies issue, she had her shit well enough together -- she could find guys who fancied her, and she could mostly think her way through problems just fine. So she's gone back to the university, she'll qualify, and she'll likely find a guy she likes and can respect when she has time. Her time as part of the Ma3 cast was an episode of insanity to look back on with bemusement.

It'll be interesting to see who does appear in the new comic, which will presumably be based around the comics shop. Jung obviously, and hence Ramona; some counter candy to replace Zii (oh gods let it not be DiDi); maybe Aaron... And most of the cast have visited from time to time in the past, and so could make guest appearances. Ruby tends to hang out there by reflex, certainly, and Gary obviously drops by... Dillon has been known to buy yaoi there, as does Angel, but Angel will be out of time for a while; Julian is apparently a yaoi fan too... Plus, if the writers really want to run guest appearances, they could have promotional visits from certain local pro wrestlers or the cast of a certain gay superhero movie.

And, oh yes -- many thanks to Giz and Dave for the last eleven years of strips.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I was hoping to see more of Kiley, too, for old times' sake. Understandably, her bridges into the comic were burnt (her dumping Matt & ending her affair with Didi, plus Yuki all but forgetting her existence). I assume that the writers needed a logical enough reason to include her, and due to time/page count restrictions it wasn't in the cards. Which begs the 'why' she was on the front cover & V10 bonus poster. But I digress. She has her studies and neuroses, and that is that.

I understand why Peggy did not use the door chain to secure the front door. Didi was more than likely going to be either a> coming back home from dropping Zii off for the tour; or b> also going to go to the gym for more wrestling training. By her own admission, she was going to be quicker than she normally was since she was not relying on the metro/public transportation. Plus Gary and Peggy looked like they were just getting down for a quickie lovemaking session, as opposed to a marathon bacchanalia. If Didi were to return and the two lovebirds were basking in afterglow or mid-coitus, it would have been rude to keep the third room mate locked out of her own apartment. Plus, Panel 4 comedy gag.

ALTHOUGH, this strip here sorta puts a monkey in the wrench for the gag. I thought I remembered Izzy replacing the front door lock. I am not sure if "making a key for everybody" included Matt & Dillon though. Does Gary have more than one exterior entry to his apartment? Did Gary replace his old locks back? I'm pretty sure Eulice wouldn't have appreciated locks to her own building being replaced without her permission or getting the keys. Hate to pick nits, especially here at the end. But hey - that's what dedicated readers sometimes do. Love ya Giz and Dave. :-B

I appreciate seeing Sonya's wacky hijinks. Although she seems a little more thicc than she usually does. Perhaps it is just the dress or the angle her waist is at. Not complaining, as I know she was always meant to be drawn as a bombshell. Just pointing out my observation. Glad to see her doing... whatever it is she's doing... diving for cover seems about the right thing to do to me though. Or, swinging out of an exploding building covered in mook gore and smoke.

It might have been nice to also touch on Yuki, especially since she is a dear friend of Zii's (again). Perhaps she is sore still at having to not go on tour since she is supposed to be out of country with Matt. All the same, it would have made more character sense for her to be there, even dragging Matt there if necessary. TBH, Matt and her also shared some quality time together, so it would have been nice for him to also wish her well on her tour. It wouldn't have worked for the Panel 4 gag of Matt & Dillon walking in on Peggy & Gary's sexy times, but still.

I am actually surprised that Dillon isn't mid-feint. Does Dillon know Gary likes being pegged by certain people? I guess he does now, and I guess we'll see if it gets brought up in the future... if at all. I was also a little taken aback by the extra large size of the strip today. Having today's strip be extra large was fitting, considering the narrative would have been clunky if left at Sonya's dynamite laugh.

Speaking of the future, thanks for a relatively clean break in story for Menage a 3. And thanks for being extra communicative with Pixie Trix Comix's intentions for their future endeavor. It will help, not having to suffer lack of Ma3 withdrawals. Or at least, being able to find an alternate habit to pick up lol. I like Jung and Ramona, although I don't think there is enough between the two of them to float an entire comic. I am very curious to see what may come, what old characters will populate the new series, and what new blood will be introduced. Is Pixie Trix (the comic shop, not the art studio) dedicated to just comics and anime/manga? Or do they branch out to other forms of pop culture too? There are some Brick and Mortar stores I have visited that are quite varied with their nerd inventory (wrestling memorabilia and local indie music not being unheard of at such places). It could be a way to help tie in callbacks, especially since Jung was Zii's manager at one point. It also seems like a waste to not have such flashy-and-dare-I-say-it-comic-book-esque posters & cosplay of the Tempests & Annie Conda not be there. Waste not, want not.

My only remaining disappointment was Lita not being used more. I know Zii said her good-bye's to Lita earlier, and all but gave Lita to Gary. It sorta ruined my spirit animal fan theory; but, it gives hope that Zii will enter Peggy & Gary's life at some point. Or Didi's, for that matter. Did Lita ever warm up to Didi at all?

Thanks for the many many years of entertainment and enjoyment. Thanks also to the forum posters old and new. Even if we did not agree, it is nice to have an outlet to discuss our views and to be fans together.

I look forward to our next journey, Thursday.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote: ↑
Tue Apr 09, 2019 2:55 pm
And i didn't realize Yuki wasn't going on the tour.
Established when the whole tour arrangement was set up.

[
I forgot about that, thank you! So the band is currently Angel, Zii , Izz and Drummer dude?

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Yeah, I loved this comic, but I'm incredibly disappointed with the ending. Zii and Didi were not good for each other and neither were Gary and Peggy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:57 pm
So the band is currently Angel, Zii , Izz and Drummer dude?
No Izz - she admitted that she's "not ready yet" - but including the nameless guitar player occasionally seen in the background when Angel is playing. And the the "Drummer dude" is called Terry.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

WizzarTheRed

Post by WizzarTheRed »

Welp, that's it then. I wish I could say something meaningful, but words always seem to fail me whenever I need them most. Instead, here's Plankton