Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

LarsenSan

Re: 04-04-19 I hope the same for you

Post by LarsenSan »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:18 pm
LarsenSan wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:13 pm
You know what would be hilarious? That the "menage a 3" that gives the comic its name ends being Gary + Peggy + DiDi.
You do know what “ménage à trois” actually means in French, don’t you?
No, I don't know French. Who does nowadays? :))

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:18 pm
I didn’t feel that they had to hook up, but I did think it would have been more satisfactory if they’d acknowledged the UST, just the once. I’m cool with the idea that not every hook-up that looks possible has to happen — that’s life, it’s realistic. But in fiction, these things should really be acknowledged and noted. A two-panel “funny we never did it” conversation could have been enough.

(Which could still happen, of course.)

It is kinda weird that after all the teasing, they never hooked up.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Weird, yeah. But it gives them both some perspective and a mutual healthy interest in the other, by not going down that path... like negative space in art... what isn't there tells its own tale and is interesting in itself. Who knows what future escapades may occur? Peggy knows Gary would like to be with Zii, at least once. Zii would like to experience Gary's fabled SGR.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Honestly I sorta like they never hooked up.
it is.. one of the very rare, few, endangered platonic friendships featured in this.
Though undoubtably a sexual under current going on.

I like that it is fairly platonic outside of "we're both crazy horndoggy tonight" moments of stream crossing. but there isn't enough of that in general in media.
(I'm personally terrified for the next Avengers movie because of how the trailers make it look like it could go either way)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

TheFoolishOne wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am
Am I the only one heartbroken that Gary and Zii never hooked up :( (I mean at least once, for you know, completion)
If they were to keep the comic going, I could see it going there, but as it is now, I couldn't see them together at all.

Friends like this seems more appropriate for the ending, if we're lucky on that.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

The next strip is just Zii and the band face-down-ass-out in a mountain of cocaine, with the van on fire and Gary standing there shouting "You haven't even left the driveway!"
**== **== **== **==

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

They’re really going all-in on this, huh? Gary and Peggy, Zii and Didi... This is staggeringly anticlimactic.

Prydonian

Post by Prydonian »

VoxPopuli wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:41 pm
TheFoolishOne wrote:
Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:33 am
Am I the only one heartbroken that Gary and Zii never hooked up :( (I mean at least once, for you know, completion)
Yes, you are.
He’s so not.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 2:58 am
It is kinda weird that after all the teasing, they never hooked up.
In all honesty, I’m putting that down to the fact that the comic is ending in a bit of a hurry, rather than any actual plan on the writers’ part. I reckon the teasing was originally meant to go somewhere.

Though in all honesty, the more I’ve read of this comic, the less planning I reckon the writers do.
Valkog wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:52 am
The next strip is just Zii and the band face-down-ass-out in a mountain of cocaine, with the van on fire and Gary standing there shouting "You haven't even left the driveway!"
It’s funny how a comic stuffed full of amiable sexual depravity is so completely void of any other sort of depravity — despite it involving rock’n’roll bands. I blame the Archie influence.

Though drama is clearly an addictive drug for some of the characters.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Call me depraved again and I'll dox the President.
**== **== **== **==

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I assume that’s a quote or reference.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Is this really how its ending? I'm honestly gonna be disappointed if Zii and Gary don't get together. When she chose Didi, she clearly had a face of regret.

jish55

Post by jish55 »

I'm really glad Gary and Zii just remained friends, it's refreshing and honestly, after all the things Zii pulled, I couldn't see the two staying together long.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Prydonian wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:55 am
They’re really going all-in on this, huh? Gary and Peggy, Zii and Didi... This is staggeringly anticlimactic.
Like I've mentioned a few times on here the creative team is "playing it safe" with an anticlimactic ending but I could see the final strip have some kind of cliffhanger or sequel hook.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

jish55 wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:36 pm
I'm really glad Gary and Zii just remained friends, it's refreshing and honestly, after all the things Zii pulled, I couldn't see the two staying together long.
The odds of Z+D being long term aren't any good either.