Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

OldBrit

Re: 28-03-19 Tried to avoid facing something

Post by OldBrit »

samtheman wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:02 pm
I'm still waiting for that "curve ball"
I think you missed it. Peggy abandoned domesticity for a threesome fling with work colleagues, then Matt and Yuki, and finally a pegging session with Adrien, all in one night.

Cresset

Post by Cresset »

Swiftwinged Doom wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:06 pm
And then Peggy the 6th Ranger pops up and the whole thing gets flushed to make way for a speedy resolution because 'oops, ran out of time!' So we took the 2 characters that had a huge bulk of romantic interaction up to this point, split them and paired them off to out of the ball park choices. Peggy went from guest character to sudden Mother to Gary's Ted and Yuki got thrown to Matt because fuck it, gotta get this thing done.
Those are not unrealistic resolutions - relationships do start because a friend of a friend (IRL "guest character") was asked to come meet the heroi(ine) at the last minute, breaking up what looked like an upcoming OTP. On the other hand, Peggy's intro had Sonya tell her about Gary and she jumped through several hoops to meet him.

Yuki's current somewhat subdued crazy might provide Matt with enough thrills that he doesn't feel like cheating to satisfy his need for DRAMA in his relationships (which is his real problem, and fairly realistic).

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

The way things are heading the creative team will probably wrap up the comic in the next update or two. So one update is Gary and Peggy having a heartfelt conversation followed by a Big Damn Kiss with the final strip of Gary and Peggy in bed together. Or if they bookend the entire comic Didi or Zii walks in on Peggy pegging Gary on the couch. Or maybe we'll get an original ending that finally breaks the bookend cycle?

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

My guess for the last strip based on the first strip of volume 10: http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/who- ... -10-begins

Peggy and Gary eventually have sex, and Peggy later announces to Gary that she's pregnant.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I made that prediction a while back but now I'm hoping they don't go that route because that would be unfair to Gary and Peggy.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

I also hope not for "sudden child" (though I don't think that would lead very far story wise regardless), mainly because it would echo a lot of sitcoms a bit too strongly. and I often enjoy the zaney whacky in this.. but I don't think I'd enjoy that. Kind of would make me think of Friends I guess?

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Folks keep talking about the "next series"...
And 2 things occur to me
A) Giz has a next series already. She's said that there isn't enough money in webcomics and I can respect that.
B) I remember the bonus content for the C-Universe and while I didn't hate most of it, very little of it was good. Dave avoided tying up any loose ends except for Ace -- and was anyone really happy with how that turned out? The artists were fairly mediocre and afaik, none of them were Giz. Is that what folks are hoping for from a new MA3 spinoff?
I hope I'm completely wrong, but since I probably won't bother reading the new series either way, I'm willing to risk some fan and author rage in the interests of an honest look at the prospect of an MA3 spinoff.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that we’ll get a bunch of one-off comics, similar in format to the *C universe spin-offs. (So — complete comics, available for sale electronically and with limited edition print runs if people seem prepared to pay for that.) Giz art? Eisu art? Random guest art? Who knows? It’ll probably be down to luck. The plots will probably exploit the various characters as more or less static comic figures, in more or less the same relationship configurations as at the end of the current Web runs. Maybe we’ll see some hanging plot points wrapped up, maybe we’ll get a marriage or something.

Whether they’re good, bad, or indifferent... I’m happy to wait and see. If we get the occasional bit of Giz art, or Giz-written stories about Ruby or Peggy or Sonya or Jung, I won’t begrudge a few quid to pay for it.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm hoping the next project the creative team is working on is a monthly followup or spinoff of Ma3 as long as it's not the wrestling plot. Giz mentioned on Twitter that she has plans for Ramona so we might see a spin-off of some kind with Ramona as the main character.