Post by Giz »

VoxPopuli

Re: 26-03-19 Talk dirty to me

Post by VoxPopuli »

Welp, pucker up, Gary.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Goodness, it is still going on. Thought, or rather hoped, there would be a transition to scene that wasn't something like this.
I suppose last time Peggy thought of half of the resolution and is now realising that the "wrong butt" is even more dissatisfying than her fears of monogamy, thereby the other half of the resolution.
Well, at least some resolution has finally manifested, even if it took too much man ass to get there. Aha...

There are other points to address, but they are tangential, so never mind for now.

Art showing the completion of Peggy's epiphany was really good. I didn't like it, but guess the guy's derpy expressions of presumably pleasure were convincing in a comical way.
It was dumb, but I guess there could be a chuckle earned from Peggy's half-hearted "dirty talk" (kind of BS. I mean, this slab of meat was meant to be here for her use, so a bit much of it to demand special treatment like dirty talk. Oy); regardless, I suppose it was an appropriate mix of sweet and cringe as Peggy finally - god damn finally - realises there is value in emotional support, as it is more important than temporary sexual releases.

brasca

Post by brasca »

It’s good to see Peggy have this revelation, but will it be too late?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that she'll walk in on Gary with somebody, for the sake of drama and to avoid anticlimax, but that needn't necessarily mean that she's too late; the whole point of this sequence is Peggy remembering the importance of communication and compromise. My plot sense says that the appropriate person for Gary to be with is Zii. But my plot sense is frequently bloody useless. So perhaps Senna will get a last appearance or something.

And I like the way that Peggy's final realisation involves the mental image of Gary fetching coffee in the morning. This isn't about the sex -- it's the Ma3 universe, sex is easy for nice people -- it's about the shared life.

Also, poor Adrien. Though if he classes what Peggy was saying in the preceding strip as "talking dirty", he's got some flexible standards.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Have to disagree. I don't feel Zii is the right one for Gary. At least in terms of what we've gotten.

It may have been the plan, when the plan was likely to keep the comic going past where they're ending it. However, they are ending it, and never once got it to feel like Zii and Gary should end up together.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I disagree @JoybuzzerX. When Zii was in the dumps and Gary brought her back and raised her libidometer, I thought there was going to be some sparks there. But script got in the way. In fact, there were a few times that Zii could have easily slinked into Gary's bed, just to satisfy her curiosity on exactly what his SGR is and how magical it was. Gary wouldn't have denied her, no way. But distraction and script once again.

Were they no good for one another, though? I'm of the opinion that Lita is a bit of a spirit animal for Zii. Lita likes & trusts Gary. Therefore there is something to explore there between the two of them, if my theory holds water. I also think that Gary would have been a better choice for Zii than who she's shacked up with now - Didi. C'est l'amour.

And yes, I am happy to see that Peggy is realizing that Gary is who she wants to be with now. Considering both of their character developments, they deserve some peace and certainty in their love lives. Her poor planning appears to be giving Adrien blue balls, in more way than one. I guess that is to be expected when one can be just used as a slab of man-meat, but I still pity him. It makes me wonder exactly what version of a threesome Yuki, Matt, and Adrien have experimented with in order for his junk to be at risk. And also I wonder if Yuki is getting accustomed to trusting Matt's penis more readily than others.

What curve ball might be thrown at us though, is what I am waiting for. Giz recently posted on FB about the upcoming Kickstarter launching in April. The end really is nigh. I am hoping to not have a surprise ending, but rather a sweet tender moment akin to SDB's ending. Will we have only 1 more strip, or will this go on to next week too? Or maybe a fake end strip and a psych-out for a belated April Fool's prank? And if/when they resume Ma3 in whatever incarnation, I would like to see how these two continue their own fun while still finding the spark that excites Peggy. Including Zii & Didi into their bed? Kiley? New characters?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:12 pm
Have to disagree. I don't feel Zii is the right one for Gary. At least in terms of what we've gotten.
I didn’t mean the appropriate person for him to be with long-term after the comic ends. (That’s up to the writers, really.) I mean the dramatically appropriate person for him to be goinking when Peggy walks into the apartment, next strip. It’s been foreshadowed enough, and could lead to significant places.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Whelp.

Gonna guess she's gonna walk in on Gary and Hentai
or him drawing.

Long shot outside chance of him "going on a business/growth trip" again. That seems to drastic. But it was implied that she ran off to work shortly after the bathroom scene. Which. Might have sparked some memories of pasts, like putting himself out there (for gary standards anyway) and then being let down and running off on his trip.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

and remember, Gary is getting his ass plowed so he is training for Zii cause that's what she wants but I think he has lost sight of why he is doing this in the first place

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And with Peggy's epiphany we're heading into the home stretch here. I myself want Peggy to walk in on Gary with another woman because I don't want the ending to be anti-climactic and the amount of butthurt on the forum one final time would be hilarious. It would be funny as hell if Spidrift's prediction happens and Peggy walks in on Gary with Senna but she's been out of the comic longer than Kiley has.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Though this will probably end on a 'happily ever after' note, I think it would serve Peggy right if she arrived back at the apartment with the realization that Gary is the one she wants to be with, only to find Gary moved on with someone else. It would also keep on with Gary's growth as a character - moving on after being rejected by the one he loved instead of waiting around in the hopes that she'd come around.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

While Gary's (rather rushed, late in the day, but nonetheless welcome) character development certainly includes him developing a sense of proportion and the ability to meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two impostors just the same, I'm not sure that it'd be a very positive ending for him to leave a disappointed and unhappy lover in his wake (even if it was partly her own fault for being indecisive). If Gary's character growth means growing into a Matt clone (just as Matt has swapped that vice for something different), I'd call that a downer ending or a broken Aesop.
---------
Spidrift

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Well the creative team seems to be a fan of the broken Aesop. Another possibility is that Peggy returns to Gary's apartment but Gary isn't there. Peggy calls his phone, Gary answers his phone from someone else's bed, and we get a bedmate reveal. Then that segues into a bookend of Gary and his new bedmate discussing inviting a third person for a threesome while Peggy is still on the phone and they ask her to be the third person with Peggy replying with "Me?!" in the fourth panel. Comic "ends". To be continued in "Ma3 Monthly".

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

The sad thing is that after all of the promising developments in Gary's path to normalcy, with the end this near I find myself not even really interested in how they finish it out.

MA3 is going out with a whimper.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.