26-03-19 Talk dirty to me

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

JoybuzzerX

Re: 26-03-19 Talk dirty to me

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:12 pm
Though this will probably end on a 'happily ever after' note, I think it would serve Peggy right if she arrived back at the apartment with the realization that Gary is the one she wants to be with, only to find Gary moved on with someone else. It would also keep on with Gary's growth as a character - moving on after being rejected by the one he loved instead of waiting around in the hopes that she'd come around.
That wouldn't be growth.

It hasn't been that long at all since it all went down.

Sleeping with someone else, sure. Moving on completely? If he moved on that quickly I would say he never loved her.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Just a point: Gary never brought up Peggy by name to Dillon at their final conversation in SDB. One would infer he meant her considering his half-attempt at expressing his feelings about her. Well, that's not entirely true... he did state he wouldn't consider it settling for her. It might not be as forceful as a direct proclamation of love, but this is Gary. Baby steps.

It could be another woman. This late in the game, I'd hope not. Plus as I mentioned before, I'd just like these two to go out happy (with each other). But by not directly stating who she was, it technically leaves it open for a curve.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Mordhaus wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:25 am
The sad thing is that after all of the promising developments in Gary's path to normalcy, with the end this near I find myself not even really interested in how they finish it out.

MA3 is going out with a whimper.
Yeah, I'm anticipating a boring anticlimax as well. I'm afraid all of these wild predictions we keep pulling out of our asses are simply wishful thinking.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:55 am
Just a point: Gary never brought up Peggy by name to Dillon at their final conversation in SDB.
Nah, that was just keeping that final conversation simple. If Gary had mentioned Peggy by name, he'd have had to explain who she was to Dillon, which would have been a boring waste of speech bubble space. After all, the narrative focus of that scene was Dillon, not Gary -- Gary only mentioned his own life to make a point to Dillon. And it was quite clearly a reference back to the then-quite-recent conversation with Peggy.

As ever with the Ma3 universe, Occam's Razor cuts deep and hard. Keep It Simple, S...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.