19-03-19 A little rough honey

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: 19-03-19 A little rough honey

Post by Spidrift »

I'm always bemused how few people seem to have noticed this comic's perfectly functional name search capability. For example, Jake's appearances can be found at http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/search/Jake.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

Oh, hey. Simon's back.
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

odalzara wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 pm
Wait...did I miss/forget something? Since when was Adrian into pegging? Last time I remember seeing Adrian was after his night with Zii and Erik, hooking up with Didi for a quickie in order to re-affirm his heterosexuality.

The only one I can remember knowing Matt and loving being pegged by women was Sonya's ex, Jake.

Edit: nevermind; it seems like a Matt/Yuki/Adrian hookup happened off screen. The question is, why? Unless this all happened in a bonus strip (via the printed comics) last we saw of Adrian, he was pretty freaked out at having had a sexual encounter that involved another man, and I have a very hard time believing that Matt is that good looking/charismatic to convince Adrian into having another MMF threeway - this time, allowing the woman (Yuki) to bang him with a strap on. 8-|

Personally speaking - it would have made more sense for this guy Matt rung up to be Sonya's ex; who was into open relationships, knew who Matt was and thoroughly enjoyed being pegged.
who pegged jake?
Some unnamed chikie poo from that link I shared in my last post.

And Jake turned out this way after an encounter with Matt (via Sonya - who arranged the whole thing as a means of breaking up with Jake; which can be found in one of the printed versions of Ma3 as a bonus story).
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:29 am
(Oh, and let us also acknowledge and admire Peggy’s little snark in panel 2.)
Yeah, that and her expression accompanying are the usual cool Peggy.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:12 am
Don't sweat it, RR. Some people on these boards are evidently still running some weird and deeply boring and repetitive combination of hatred for Matt and perverse identification with Gary, and can't accept the idea that Peggy is just working through some emotional problems in a fairly Ma3-typical (if wacky) way. They'll just shut up when enough of their predictions prove wrong, until they find something else to whinge about. Which admittedly won't take long with some of them.
Geez, I don't know if this would help my argument, but I have never identified with Gary. Also, even though I can accept the idea that Peggy is working through some "emotional problems in fairly Ma3-typical (if wacky) way" doesn't mean that I will simultaneously enjoy it. I know it is the point of the arc to show her going through her issues with commitment - even if she isn't really going through them, so much as potential candidates for pegging sex - however, I can still find and express discomfort with seeing her established identity being discarded; maybe it will or will not be a permanent loss of character, but until knowing otherwise, readers are free to dislike it.
Hell, maybe if we were all emotionless tropeborgs, we could get through it easier, but alas we have investment in what her character was; while she has recently displayed some similar behaviours and actions to her established character, there is an ongoing, underlying unpleasantness that makes the whole experience not very fun.

Also, also, I understand the irony in me dismissing your opinion to say: don't dismiss other people's opinions on the characters and arc. If you're bored of the repetitive hatred of Matt, then please have some empathy to feel how boring it is for those who don't like him to have to continue seeing him coast through life with little to no consequences, at least, consequences that even temporarily stop him from his habits. As you love to dismiss dissent with "it is a comedy," well, that is subjective, and it just isn't funny to a few of us to see the Coyote successfully kill and eat every Roadrunner.