19-03-19 A little rough honey

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

VoxPopuli

Re: 19-03-19 A little rough honey

Post by VoxPopuli »

Im betting that she'll be reminded of Gary while having sex with this Adrien guy, be unable to continue and then she'll head for Gary to resolve all of this.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I think the Matt and Yuki relationship is hilarious but I also think it's living on borrowed time. As for Peggy's dilemma, she's an adult woman so she needs to sort it out herself. But if Peggy walks in on Gary having sex with another woman then Peggy has no right to complain because she's the one that wanted to keep the relationship open and casual on both sides. But Gary isn't going to go out and hookup with another woman this late at night. Gary is probably at home patiently waiting for Peggy to return home.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

VoxPopuli wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:18 pm
Im betting that she'll be reminded of Gary while having sex with this Adrien guy, be unable to continue and then she'll head for Gary to resolve all of this.
Didn't Gary stand in for Adrien as Nightwing in the Gotham Sirens play, after getting incapacitated?

That being the case, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch. Whether that turns into a case of coitus interruptus as Peggy flees the room is another story.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

@worldshaking00: That was Jordan as Nightwing at Dillon's play.

Mordhaus

Post by Mordhaus »

Fereshte wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:28 pm
Mordhaus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:22 pm
There is clear cause for people being upset about this arc. Peggy has long been one of the sole voices of reason in this comic and she is acting completely out of character. You can say this is because of a fear of commitment, but her actions are destructive. She is looking to bang ANY FUCKING BREATHING HUMAN BEING to prove she doesn't need to be in an exclusive relationship. That is vile and narcissistic, something that she has never shown as being part of her character.

I, for one, would be worried AF about being in a long term relationship with someone acting this way...
So what if she’s looking to bang ANY FUCKING BREATHING HUMAN BEING—which she’s not. She’s looking to bang any consenting adult and who is informed about her desire for casual sex. In fact, as far as casual sex goes, this is the absolute best way to go about it. She’s not lying. She’s not promising romance or love or a relationship. She’s not in a monogamous relationship so she’s not cheating. She’s not being vile or narcissistic—how do you even come to that conclusion? Yes, she’s trying to figure something out, which is about her, but she’s not hurting anyone to do it. Gary already knows they’re in a relationship that allows them BOTH sexual freedom.

As for being worried AF about being in a long term relationship with someone acting this way, no worries. She’s not in a long term relationship.
I respect your opinion, but mine differs. I'm sorry that I didn't elaborate my comment to include that she wasn't looking to bang non-consenting adults or children. That said, her actions are still narcissistic because she took a blow to her idealized self image and is seeking to destructively correct it. She is actively looking for a sex partner to show herself that she is not 'settling down' into a monogamous relationship. Yes, she never had an 'announced' exclusivity agreement with Gary, but he mentioned that he might be interested in it and triggered this arc. So far she has tried to have sex with 5 different people in the course of one evening, not because she is especially horny, but because she HAS to prove to herself that her identity has not changed.

She isn't hurting Gary. Like you said, they have an arrangement. She is hurting herself because she is having sex to prove something and because it is entirely likely that while she is fucking off Gary could be falling for someone else. That would matter to her because if it didn't, she wouldn't be having such an existential crisis over his feelings and possibly her own.

My comment about a long term relationship doesn't apply to her current arc, but is a hypothetical reference that you should be wary of someone who has these types of flake outs. With a character flaw such as she is currently showing, whomever she theoretically would end up should expect one of those "It was only to prove I'm still attractive" affairs in their future.

Again, as I said, I could care less if she settles down with Gary or someone else. I am just saying that this arc is making her a very unlikable character. That, of course, goes back to personal opinion, so you (or someone else) may still see her as fine.
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite comic on the Internet.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:31 pm
Didn't Gary stand in for Adrien as Nightwing in the Gotham Sirens play, after getting incapacitated?
No. Jordan is the actor for whom Gary substituted (and who was last heard of on a fast approach vector for Julian's virtue). Adrien is a waiter, last seen being emotionally traumatised by DiDi.
Mordhaus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Again, as I said, I could care less if she settles down with Gary or someone else. I am just saying that this arc is making her a very unlikable character.
I entirely agree that she's being somewhat self-destructive in the current plotline, but why does that make her unlikable? Isn't the appropriate emotion towards somebody who's hurting themselves but nobody else ... sympathy?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

Regarding Adrien, here's when DiDi ruined his self-esteem:

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/You_fake_it

Then, he went and got drunk with Zii and Erik - all of them had the DiDi blues, and they had a threesome, in which it seems his anal cherry got popped, but not by a woman:

http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Meaty
FIRRIB

sukebe senpai

Post by sukebe senpai »

...And then, Adrien had sex with DiDi again, who called Matt's name: http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/Rosy_cheeks

In the next strip, he once again failed to give DiDi the big O.
FIRRIB

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Thanks for the clarification. Jake, Jordan, and Adrien all look similar to one another.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Or, as I said before:
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 11:12 am
Adrien's previous appearances -- don't miss the second page there.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:10 pm
Mordhaus wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 5:45 pm
Again, as I said, I could care less if she settles down with Gary or someone else. I am just saying that this arc is making her a very unlikable character.
I entirely agree that she's being somewhat self-destructive in the current plotline, but why does that make her unlikable? Isn't the appropriate emotion towards somebody who's hurting themselves but nobody else ... sympathy?
This, though I'd emphasize "somewhat" self-destructive. I don't think this is going to satisfy her, but I don't see how it's at all harmful either.

But even if I'm wrong, yeah, she's not hurting anyone else. She's not "vile", and only a healthy amount of "narcissistic". I think she's been particularly sympathetic in this arc. A character who's otherwise been an understanding and badass foil for others, is experiencing self-doubt and frustration. I find that very compelling, and hope it works out for her.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

All of this drama with Drinky McHorny-Nurse is keeping the creatives away from the Lita-Minew Team-Up the world really needs. \M/

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:53 am
I can’t say I care for any of this development. It just keeps going on this path of, to me, least satisfaction. I was okay seeing where it would go, yet now it seems like the least pleasant destination is being made inevitable. Though, it isn’t over until it’s over, I suppose...
Also, it is gross that Matt and Yuki are a thing at all; I know I’ve said it before, so pardon the repetition. It just doesn’t make narrative sense. One could argue, what is narrative sense in a romcom anyway? Perhaps, but I still dispute the pairing - it undermines Yuki’s development and character, plus anything turning out well for Matt is a gutpunch to karma. We already have Zii for that, so another Karma Houdini is extra tedious...

Adrien is apparently a “natural” at this genre as his life is so unimportant that he could just drop everything immediately to hurry over to an anonymous hook up. Since Sonya was paired off with that new spy character, it would be an unfortunate turn of events if Peggy ended up with this other new character. Granted, she is still hellbent on a superficial hook up, despite it evidently taking nearly an entire day longer than her initial impulsive drive seemed prepared for, so another arbitrary coupling may be unlikely in this case.
Still though, getting blind drunk, then travelling who knows how far across town - enough time to sober up - Peggy is still focused on some hollow hook up, so while I can’t condone her actions, I guess some credit is due for determination? I mean, it sucks it is in service of something that is undermining her established character of being good natured and intelligent (she may have been showing cunning in this search, but it is by no means intelligence).

*Edit* Also, I once commented that Matt was enabling Yuki’s disorder, and that is seen in full effect here. It doesn’t come across as endearing when he says he loves her for her violent sexual behaviour, it is a bizarre confession that doesn’t seem to be picked up by Yuki, as all she hears is “love.” What was once a crippling psychological malady that a large part of her arc was about overcoming is now *accepted* because it fulfils some narcissistic deviant’s kinks? Seriously hope that this isn’t the end of her character...
I wish I could like this quote, so I'll just say +1. You pretty much encapsulated my thoughts on this whole clusterfuck of an arrangement that Matt's managed to work out for himself. I could accept Gary and Yuki not being able to work, but whatever this is can just die in a fire and as fast as possible por favor.
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

odalzara

Post by odalzara »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 pm
Wait...did I miss/forget something? Since when was Adrian into pegging? Last time I remember seeing Adrian was after his night with Zii and Erik, hooking up with Didi for a quickie in order to re-affirm his heterosexuality.

The only one I can remember knowing Matt and loving being pegged by women was Sonya's ex, Jake.

Edit: nevermind; it seems like a Matt/Yuki/Adrian hookup happened off screen. The question is, why? Unless this all happened in a bonus strip (via the printed comics) last we saw of Adrian, he was pretty freaked out at having had a sexual encounter that involved another man, and I have a very hard time believing that Matt is that good looking/charismatic to convince Adrian into having another MMF threeway - this time, allowing the woman (Yuki) to bang him with a strap on. 8-|

Personally speaking - it would have made more sense for this guy Matt rung up to be Sonya's ex; who was into open relationships, knew who Matt was and thoroughly enjoyed being pegged.
who pegged jake?

VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

odalzara wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:07 am
Fluffy wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:02 pm
Wait...did I miss/forget something? Since when was Adrian into pegging? Last time I remember seeing Adrian was after his night with Zii and Erik, hooking up with Didi for a quickie in order to re-affirm his heterosexuality.

The only one I can remember knowing Matt and loving being pegged by women was Sonya's ex, Jake.

Edit: nevermind; it seems like a Matt/Yuki/Adrian hookup happened off screen. The question is, why? Unless this all happened in a bonus strip (via the printed comics) last we saw of Adrian, he was pretty freaked out at having had a sexual encounter that involved another man, and I have a very hard time believing that Matt is that good looking/charismatic to convince Adrian into having another MMF threeway - this time, allowing the woman (Yuki) to bang him with a strap on. 8-|

Personally speaking - it would have made more sense for this guy Matt rung up to be Sonya's ex; who was into open relationships, knew who Matt was and thoroughly enjoyed being pegged.
who pegged jake?
She's not a named character. Just a random one.