Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

14-03-19 You said it was once

Post by Giz »

KaedeKisaragi

Re: 14-03-19 You said it was once

Post by KaedeKisaragi »

...Yuki... I don't think you can blame your dad on this particular kinky reveal o.o

brasca

Post by brasca »

Place your bets on who Matt will call.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Now who is Matt going to call? Jordan? Jake?

Kiley?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Yucky, lovey-dovey stuff is always at a risk of making me cringe, but it is especially cringeworthy with the repugnant Matt. Speaking of whom, it seems he still - still - continues his trend of deceit against those he supposedly "loves" and is in a relationship with. Same as when with Dillon, he is pulling the same crap with Yuki, which is really sad since, unlike Dillon, Yuki isn't merely a one dimensional caricature (sure, can have some *stereotypical* mannerisms, but still has depth). Perhaps not exactly the same, if we are to believe he hasn't cheated on Yuki since they started whatever this thing is, but I don't interpret that as loyalty or care about her, but rather an indication that the excitement and pleasure he gets from Yuki's version of sex is enough to sate his various lusts, thus he doesn't desire the further "thrill" of cheating.
Also, perhaps it is intentional, but I can't help but take a racist feeling from Matt's "pet name" for Yuki; perhaps not done in hatred, but it feels like too strong of ignorance for someone supposedly interested in her background and culture.
Also, that "implied" remark is such a despicable dodge from blame; his inability to take responsibility for his actions is further emphasised by throwing the "love" bomb at Yuki, who is evidently too sentimental to not be affected by what is essentially a superficial claim.

Poor Peggy still isn't getting passed her hang ups, it seems (or poor us for having see a Lawful Good venture precariously into Chaotic Evil. Aha). She has completely sobered up, yet it still obstinately looking for some hollow sexual experience because of fear. If couple number 2 doesn't make her reconsider, I guess maybe it will take her meeting someone who has remained forever unattached, and them being horribly unfulfilled for her to get over herself?
There have been a few James in the comic, but I swear Peggy's ex James hooked up with Matt, so maybe the person he will call will be him? So... Peggy's sexual liberation will end from where it began. Really hope that isn't the path being travelled; I'd accept a meeting, but if Peggy resumes the relationship she felt was so horrible because James has found the ability to be kinky, well, it would be an aggravating character circle, to say the least...

As ever, brilliant art. Yuki's *animated* body language is usually delightful; while I obviously don't like Matt, his movements help sell a punchline; Peggy's obstinance is palpable through her posture and expressions, especially that thoroughly dismissive look in the final panel.

brasca

Post by brasca »

samtheman wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:03 am
Now who is Matt going to call? Jordan? Jake?

Kiley?
Please let it be so :ympray:

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm now predicting that Matt will call Jake because Jordan is gay according to TVtropes. But it would be funny if Matt did call Kiley since Matt thinks he pushed Kiley into lesbianism. Now to wait five long days to see if either of my predictions are right.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Jake seems like the logical choice since he likes pegging.

I think Senna would be more interesting, though, if she’s in town.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Seriously Kiley is the psychological hookup Peggy needs.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Even if Peggy and Kiley meet up, how would Kiley react to Peggy's dilemma? I myself think Peggy is going to strike out again regardless of who she goes to see next. As for what ultimately happens between Gary and Peggy I'm thinking their status quo of FWB is going to be maintained.

We only have roughly a month until the comic wraps so that means eight more updates at most so don't expect some kind of grand finale. It's going to be rushed to some kind of half-assed ending that doesn't resolve anything. I'm also making a bold prediction that the creative team's next project is going to be an immediate sequel to Ma3.
Last edited by samtheman on Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Aaaaand for those collecting callbacks - this is the second time in the comic's history that somebody has suggested Yuki's mother as a possible hook-up. Whether or not she's prone to Montrealean bisexuality, I hope that the poor woman finds happiness sometime; people can evidently see that she needs it.
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:02 am
Place your bets on who Matt will call.
No one, I reckon. Peggy's body language and speech patterns say to me that she's Out. Of. There. The dialogue there strikes me as throwaway humour.

In fact, given that Giz is estimating that the comic now just has a month to run, I suspect that this is the point where Peggy gives up in despair and goes home, then falling into some kind of concluding dialogue with Gary.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

If Spidrift's prediction is correct I'm going to be disappointed but not surprised. The "curve ball" of the final arc might literally be the absence of any kind of late-game plot twist and the comic just ends (for now) without much fanfare. I'm still sticking to my prediction that the team's next project is a sequel or at least a follow-up to Ma3. Who knows, maybe we'll see Kiley again in a possible sequel or follow-up.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Although I admit it would be a little uncharacteristic of Matt to not want to get in on some sex, he might be just offering to go to his 'little black book' and find someone for Peggy herself to hook up with. He knows people. Apparently lots of people.

I also find the idea of Matt not trying to make a play for both a mother/daughter threesome also a little uncharacteristic considering some of the kinky shit he's pulled in the past. But we are to assume that he is being faithful and loving to Yuki and Yuki seems to be satisfying his kinks. So, ok then. Meeting the parents is a solid step towards a serious relationship.

I agree with folks saying that Peggy is on her way out of Matt's. Kiley would probably not pick up the phone if she saw i was Matt calling. If he persuaded Yuki to call her, on the other hand, she probably would answer. That would be a way to get Kiley injected into the story again that wouldn't be too far of a stretch. However I also agree that the remaining number of strips suggest something more confrontational or definitive from Peggy soon. Her frustration level is rising akin to Zii's libidometer from strips past.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am
Considering that Kiley has quite a bit of insecurity issues, I respectfully disagree.

brasca

Post by brasca »

VoxPopuli wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am
Considering that Kiley has quite a bit of insecurity issues, I respectfully disagree.
I’m not talking about sex although I can imagine Kiley thinking she’s there for some quick counseling only for Peggy to disrobe as soon as her back is turned.