Re: 14-03-19 You said it was once

Post by VoxPopuli »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:21 pm
VoxPopuli wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:53 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:05 am
Seriously Kiley is the psychological hookup Peggy needs.
Considering that Kiley has quite a bit of insecurity issues, I respectfully disagree.
I’m not talking about sex although I can imagine Kiley thinking she’s there for some quick counseling only for Peggy to disrobe as soon as her back is turned.
I wasn't talking about sex either.

themacnut

Post by themacnut »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 10:02 am
Place your bets on who Matt will call.
No one, I reckon. Peggy's body language and speech patterns say to me that she's Out. Of. There. The dialogue there strikes me as throwaway humour.
I'm with Spidrift here - I get the distinct impression Peggy isn't sticking around long enough for Matt to call anyone. She wants what she wants and she wants it now, and she probably knows other people who may be up for what she wants. I predict she goes looking for Sonya, and either fails to find her or finds her in an intense exclusive relationship with the spy. At this point, she most likely gives up in despair and goes some, finding Gary sitting in the living room playing a game. What happens at that point, they have a conversation and either decide to maintain the FWB relationship or go to the next level.
Check out this space opera superhero webcomic: The Vanguard

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that Peggy already knows that Sonya has skipped town. But a bonus scene I’d enjoy seeing is Peggy knocking on Sonya’s door, only for it to be opened by ... Ruby. “Oh yes, the previous tenant? She’s gone to Europe. I’ve just taken...”

Then Andy sticks his head out of the bedroom. “Weren’t we going to test this bed, sweetie... Oh, sorry...”

Ruby, blushing prettily: “Just coming, lover...”

And Peggy flees screaming into the night.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

...Excluding the oddity that is Yuki trying to get peggy--someone she was going to sleep with--to sleep with her mom.
I weirdly like that Mr jackrabbit isn't bugging Peggy about her decision not to, and is further, helping her instead of prying into her business or something else.
I find it weirdly good of him as a "friend" if you count as such.
-------

I still don't see this as bad/evil/scummy as other folks have so far. Of Peggy I mean.
Nothing wrong with her looking elsewhere than Gary tonight.
or for her to want to test One NIght STand enjoyment vs the potential monogamy that her brain is fighting with.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: ugh... I just threw up in my mouth :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Zellgato wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:53 pm
...Excluding the oddity that is Yuki trying to get peggy--someone she was going to sleep with--to sleep with her mom.
Characters tend to lose subtlety over time. (Not just in this comic, in a lot of serial fiction.) In Yuki’s case, she’s gone from being crazy in specific ways to just being generically crazy. Like this.
I weirdly like that Mr jackrabbit isn't bugging Peggy about her decision not to, and is further, helping her instead of prying into her business or something else.
That, on the other hand, is consistently in character. Matt has always been a nice guy in a chill sort of way. If you just ignore the, y’know, adrenaline-junky-compulsive-infidelity detail.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

---------
Spidrift

RantingRodent

Post by RantingRodent »

I know it's been a thousand years since this chapter started, but lets remember how it did when we're making predictions about how it's going to end http://www.ma3comic.com/strips-ma3/who- ... -10-begins

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

It might also bookend by using the opening first strip too, don't forget.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I'm hoping we get a bookend of the very first strip. I would want it to be Peggy walking in on Gary getting pegged by Kiley on the couch. But if the bookend is only going to be for the volume then my prediction would be Gary and Peggy in bed talking about inviting a third person into their bed with a cut to that person's reaction in the fourth panel. Now who would that be? Or who knows, maybe we won't get a bookend at all.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 11:33 am

No one, I reckon. Peggy's body language and speech patterns say to me that she's Out. Of. There. The dialogue there strikes me as throwaway humour.

In fact, given that Giz is estimating that the comic now just has a month to run, I suspect that this is the point where Peggy gives up in despair and goes home, then falling into some kind of concluding dialogue with Gary.
I think Spidrift's got it pegged if you'll pardon the pun.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

RantingRodent

Post by RantingRodent »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:02 am
It might also bookend by using the opening first strip too, don't forget.
Maybe the last two comics will be the bookend for this chapter and then the series bookend? I could see bookends based on those two strips working back to back.

Zellgato

Post by Zellgato »

Bringing up Kiley.
made me remember why I don't like TroutMouth boyo (Matt). Well as a character he is fine to me.. But as a interaction with others. I rather hate him.
Kiley, Yuki and Gary were characters I really liked.
and I like all of them less after their interactions with him.

Honestly I'd be pretty okay with a surprise Kiley (who is a bit more sane after having left to spend time for herself/her goals) and Gary pairing. As the two original "sane" characters.
Other than a sane kiley I still hope for Gary to end single.
I would like to have him walk in on someone. Though all things considered that most likely would be Zii and Dee Dee as it started with "room mates" Alternatively I guess Peggy + whoever. if she's still a roomie (I sorta suspect she'll be moving soon though now.)

raoullefere

Post by raoullefere »

SailorDh wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:43 pm
:ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick: ugh... I just threw up in my mouth :ymsick: :ymsick: :ymsick:
Here, too, but in the litter box.

'Mushi pan.' Ye gods and little fishes. (Yes, I know it kind of means 'sweet cakes.' That doesn't make it better in any way).