Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

07-03-19 I want to fool around

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 07-03-19 I want to fool around

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I suppose Vince and Jane's earlier comments about buying a house together and now the mention of procreating are all to serve as fodder to stroke Peggy's fear of monogamy. I also guess that maybe it will turn out Yuki and Matt are engaged - regardless of how terrible an idea that would be - which will serve to further Peggy's journey to confront her fears, rather than trying to dodge them. Perhaps the engagement thing is a stretch, but I'd wager there must be something else coming up to make Peggy properly process her anxieties instead of trying to find a sexual distraction from them.
Not sure if Yuki going from being terrified of phallic objects to being happy with donning one to peg a guy can be considered "progress," but oh well. Probably been noted before, nevertheless, Matt is in the club of never turning off one's phone, ever.
While it is good that the pointless threesome with the paramedics was avoided, it would almost be just as bad (maybe worse) if it was replaced with a different pointless pegging-based threeway, especially with that abhorrent Matt (yes, yes, call me a hater, doesn't make me doubt my disdain).
Matt must be literally incapable of answering in the affirmative for an "are you busy?" question, since this is hardly the first time we've seen him mid-sex yet failing to make clear that fact because evidently his aimless lust is without limit or reason? Guess other characters had responded similarly before, but they weren't in a "commitment" akin to what he is supposedly doing with Yuki.

Must say, I'm impressed with Peggy's cognitive function - super drunk, yet manages to not pass out - most people, after an adrenaline rush reaches an abrupt cessation would likely fall unconscious! - and she could properly reclothe and then phone an alternate option for a shallow (well, figuratively shallow) hook up. Shows quite the tolerance, particularly considering the gallons of alcohol she has consumed at this point.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

Hmm...interesting

Peggy's fear of monogamy is driving her to do things to forget Gary, even thought she doesn't want to. And right now she's going to meet two people who are also trying to forget Gary, but for two different reasons

I wonder if this is going to reopen some old wounds

Yuki's lingering feelings for Gary
Matt's inferiority complex

I realize that Yuki was trying to fix herself for Gary, only to realize she had something (somewhat)worthwhile in her relationship with Matt. And Matt found someone who can fulfill his need for danger in is sex life. But I'm not sure if either of those previous issues were truly dealt with.I still think their relationship will fall apart once Yuki is desensitized to her phallic shape and she stops getting violent, so Matt will cheat again.

Then again, cheating might just make her mad enough to beat him up....which is what he might want.

Moreover, I stand by what I said before, people who like Gary, who genuinely like him for who he is, don't just get over him.
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:10 am

Matt must be literally incapable of answering in the affirmative for an "are you busy?" question, since this is hardly the first time we've seen him mid-sex yet failing to make clear that fact because evidently his aimless lust is without limit or reason? Guess other characters had responded similarly before, but they weren't in a "commitment" akin to what he is supposedly doing with Yuki.
Dude it's Matt

He gets off on "risk" on "being caught"
Answering the phone while having sex adds to the "thrill"
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

brasca

Post by brasca »

Apparently Matt and Yuki aren’t as monogomous as I thought. Maybe Yuki is willing to accept women she finds attractive.

In case anyone was wondering if Jane and Vince were using protection. They seem opposed to that.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Peggy is heading towards DiDi and Matt levels of shittiness. Yes, she's not in a relationship with Gary but her actions have gone from an impulsive one night stand to actively looking for anyone other than Gary to have sex with. I know most of the cast have done far worse, but from the normally level-headed Peggy, this feels wrong. It'd be much classier if she just went back to Gary and said that she needed space and to cut off their FwB for the time being.
I dunno, this strip just left a really bad taste in my mouth.

Edit: my first line was undeservedly nasty, so I've removed it. Sorry, it's been a rough week for me IRL.
Last edited by Lokitsu on Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am
In case anyone was wondering if Jane and Vince were using protection. They seem opposed to that.
I have to say that, taking things more literally than is ever sensible with Ma3, I'd worry about Vince and Jane and the protection thing. I'm happy for the sake of argument to accept that Ma3 characters can have drunken spontaneous wacky sex and still take sensible precautions, but when they start literally talking about having babies in the middle of drunken sex, they might be expected to do something dumb. Even if this thing works out between them, now is not a time to be taking serious decisions with potential health implications.

But, well, it's Ma3. Wojjagunnadoo?
brasca wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:43 am
Apparently Matt and Yuki aren’t as monogomous as I thought. Maybe Yuki is willing to accept women she finds attractive.
Matt and Yuki have never declared full-scale monogamy that I remember. Heck, they were quite enthusiastic about shagging in front of Gary. The whole point of that relationship is the shared craziness, so it's a bit much to expect anything approximating to stability there. Which said, I keep thinking that their narrative strands have been neatly tied off, and they keep coming back. Not that I have a great objection to either of them as characters, but it makes the ending of the comic feel less tidy.

And Peggy shouldn't really object to this, given that she's just tried to arrange one threesome, but I assume that the joke will be that Matt and Yuki keep doing the lovey-dovey couple thing mid-peg, causing her to flee once more to ... whatever she ends up discovering when she finally gives up and heads back to Gary.
Lokitsu wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:54 pm
Peggy is heading towards DiDi and Matt levels of shittiness. Yes, she's not in a relationship with Gary but her actions have gone from an impulsive one night stand to actively looking for anyone other than Gary to have sex with. I know most of the cast have done far worse, but from the normally level-headed Peggy, this feels wrong. It'd be much classier if she just went back to Gary and said that she needed space and to cut off their FwB for the time being.
I'd still cut her some slack; she's in the middle of a near-breakdown level of emotional chaos. It was always clear that the reason she jumped into the whole Ma3 maelstrom of sexual insanity was that she needs some chaos and irresponsibility in her off-duty life, to compensate for the stress and necessity for intense control of her day job. Now, the thing with Gary is threatening to take the chaos away and make her entire life feel like it's about control and responsibility again. That's rough for her.

And I suspect that people are right to guess that it may be her turn to hallucinate Gary. Poor woman. The parasite is spreading again.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Lmao at the last panel. So is the "curve ball" going to be Peggy joining Matt and Yuki for a threesome? And here I thought Yuki would walk in on Matt cheating on her. But I can now totally see Matt get into a Yuki and Peggy sandwich while Gary is by himself for the night. I do wonder if Gary is about to suffer from the Nice Guys Finish Last trope. He's been very nice and patient with Peggy but as she told him he's "very agreeable" and that might be factoring into Peggy's rationale for not wanting to settle for Gary.

Now to wait yet another four days to see how this pans out. I wouldn't mind if Gary found someone he could be happy with but that's my inner shipper talking. Maybe Kiley will finally return after her two year hiatus?

Swiftwinged Doom

Post by Swiftwinged Doom »

Every time I see the words Matt, Yuki and 'relationship' it just makes me want to wretch. WHY did this suddenly become a thing? I'll never understand it. Aside from a penchant for violent sex and his apparent enjoyment of her cooking what the F**K do these 2 actually have in common!? Apparently all Yuki the Crazy needed was a bastard's magic dick to fix her problems (which is just insulting) . And not to mention it feels like Gary and Yuki's feelings got brushed aside way too quick. Even after they broke up, there were still tons of hints dropped that they were still attracted to and cared for one another, but were just too afraid to confront it and then after an undisclosed amount of time either being pegged or fooling around with Matt's gag penis, they suddenly just 'stop'? Like none of it was ever more serious than a fling?

My biggest gripe with Peggy as a character/story device is how once she showed up and started broking Gary's back it just completely derailed years worth of plot buildup and tension in favor of 'Peggy is now the ideal embodient of GF/Wife Material'. But I also get a sense of Gary just not feeling like well GARY anymore. For a long time, his thing was, I want to draw comics. Now he treats the big project he and Yuki were working on as a pain in the butt afterthought he has to deal with before more Peggy time. And suddenly being a game art designer was suddenly his real passion (Note we never get to see much of him in his element as an artist since this phase started). Peggy feels like the embodiment of all these sudden jarring 'wrap this thing up' shifts that have thrown the comic off of its natural flow since she was designated a main cast member as opposed to a side character.

But as to this current strip, I think it's being made more than clear: Peggy doesn't want monogamy. She wants her freedom. She wants to be able to do whatever, whenever sexually because she felt like she trapped herself in the previous engagement (although her behavior was still hinted as being pretty shitty in that case too, as she made a huge scene and humiliated her fiancee in public before asking to sneak off to a broom closet with another man right in front of his face) This has proven to me at least this girl is far from the best option for Gary, but it would be a good sign of maturity for them both to come to terms with that and part ways peacefully, rather than allowing contrivance to keep them together as some kind of ideal pairing as opposed to a fling that just got weird.
Proudly broadcasting from Flint MI. The first city in North America to fight crime with Urban Blight.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I agree. I am still not a fan of Yuki & Matt, but they have something together for the moment (and presumably through the end of the comic) so there's not much to do about it. Matt has been the voice of reason when it comes to sex, despite him being a total jerk. He'll probably perceive Peggy wanting to distance himself from Gary. I am not sure how that will pan out with Yuki being present. Will she be supportive to Gary, or to whatever Matt says? Will Yuki have a relapse and Peggy will flee, once again being denied her threesome?

Echoing a few posters, Vince & Jane seem to have hit it off. Hopefully there won't be drunken regret in the morning, as one might expect after they fully regain their senses.

I am torn. I understand Peggy needs to come up with a definitive reason to stay with or to leave Gary (or more pointedly, to determine exactly how much monogamy/sexual freedom she needs in her life). Exposition with her gagging for a threesome shag appears to be how we are going to get there. But I don't like to see her considering complete strangers, and the risks that entails, just to satisfy this freedom need. I am also torn because this is all we are getting, storywise. I want to read more, and while the strips have been chock full of fan service, I don't like the taste being left in my mouth after reading them. It makes knowing that this is the end cringe-y, and more than a bit unappealing. Just my two cents.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Swiftwinged Doom wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 1:16 pm
Aside from a penchant for violent sex and his apparent enjoyment of her cooking what the F**K do these 2 actually have in common!?
Successful marriages have been built on less.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dr. Jamming

Post by Dr. Jamming »

Lokitsu wrote:

Edit: my first line was undeservedly nasty, so I've removed it. Sorry, it's been a rough week for me IRL.
Given the comic, I can't understand your objection to casual sex itself. I also don't see how specifically cutting Gary off from sex helps anything. They are friends with benefits; they are allowed to have sex with other people. Peggy is doing fine.

Fereshte

Post by Fereshte »

Lokitsu wrote:

I don’t understand how this is shitty behavior for Peggy. She’s not in a relationship and she’s not promised to monogamy. She doesn’t owe Gary a conversation, especially if she doesn’t know where she stands. There is literally nothing wrong with what she’s doing. She’s trying to figure out if this, this being sexual freedom and threesomes, is what she wants. The only way to figure it out is to do it. She may come up against a revelation that she wants more, that she wants Gary more than these kinds of experiences, or she may learn that she’s not willing to give up her sexual freedom just yet, not even for Gary. And while I hope she chooses Gary, either choice isn’t wrong. She has no commitment to anyone but herself. And there’s nothing wrong with her actively looking for someone other than Gary to have sex with. The whole reason she’s doing that is to see if she enjoys sex without Gary more than she enjoys it with Gary. How can she do that with Gary involved? She can’t. And since she has no commitment to him, there’s no problem with her looking for sex with other people. No issue if it’s with friends or strangers.

And it doesn’t make her any less classy, especially if she’s not sure if she wants to end her friends with benefits relationship with Gary just yet. Let’s also remember that she doesn’t stop Gary from sleeping with anyone else either, so she’s not being selfish in her sexual freedom choices. Gary can go have a threesome too, if he wanted.

meps98

Post by meps98 »

Gary has acquired the skills and experience to lose the fascination of sex for sexes sake. While he hasn't done it all, he can certainly check off a number of the boxes on the human possible sexual activity list. He hasn't crossed the line into "mature relationship" territory but he's straddling that line. Peggy, on the other hand has seen that line but balked. She had fewer boxes checked when she first met Gary and Matt but has made good time in trying to catch up. Her problem is that she still feels that she's missing some nebulous experience that is waiting for her out in the world when Gary knows that his future is with a loving. committed partner (if he can find one).
Peggy could be the one for Gary but she can't just settle for him. She must want him beyond all other possible options. Gary deserves no less and he should not "settle" for Peggy in her current state of mind. Peggy has to demonstrate that she is worthy of Gary's love and commitment.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Wow. You guys all into this intense analysis.

Me: Hey two nice naked female butts in one week.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I think the idea is, that Peggy is going to run into lots of happy couples, to realize being in a relationship doesn't have to be like her ex.