Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

05-03-19 Face to faish

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: 05-03-19 Face to faish

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I guess good for the foolish Vince and Jane? Admittedly, I did get a chuckle out of the mildly sardonic humour regarding fictional Montreal - everyone is bi!
I'm a bit disappointed that Peggy didn't stop her actions because of realising the folly of them, but as long as the pointless threesome is averted, I'm not complaining too much. Although, there is some minor Peggy magic in that even her selfish, misguided actions apparently produce positive results, as she inadvertently paired Vince and Jane, which is an occurrence that would never have happened otherwise.

Peggy's final expression and inner comment was quite amusing for me. Anyways, hopefully now she will back away to sober up, and return to her usually more pragmatic mentality.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

What a tweest.

Maechris

Post by Maechris »

I get how Vince felt.

Also I ship this. Wholesome relationships out of random actions.
More often than not people fail to see the entirety of the issue, and focus on a single facet of it. Ask yourself what makes you right before you set fire on other people for being wrong. // "Chemical reactions between the kawaii and uguu hormones.Within the Desu Gland. This is near to the upper Moe muscle."

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

How does silicone get flaccid? Inquiring minds and whatnot.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

I agree with all the above statements, *applause

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Hang on, I know that this comic makes self-referential jokes occasionally, but one this flagrant ("...in Montreal") really does look like a sign that the thing is coming to an end and the writers can't keep up the pretence any longer.
Maechris wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:42 am
Wholesome relationships out of random actions.
Basic evolutionary biology, really.
Opus the Poet wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am
How does silicone get flaccid?
Umm, maybe that's the joke?

Anyhow, nice to see that Vince didn't have his capability too much reduced by the booze, and that Peggy has been saved from the worst consequences of her emotional confusion. If she now decides that the best thing to do is gather up her stuff and slip away -- well, she'll find that coming home feeling confused about how a supposedly sexy evening went seems to be becoming a habit. And what are the odds she'll walk in on a crucial conversation between Gary and Zii?
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

I loved it. The one thing Peggy was trying not to think about was getting serious, and the two people she brought home to forget about it with are now buying a house together. Instant buzz kill.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

In the MA3-verse, Peggy's true love is named Bob, so we still have some plot twisting to enjoy.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, I think that we must now assume that 43 seconds is a time interval with great arcane significance in the Ma3 universe.

Also, I’m sure that Jane and Vince’s sex life will be quite satisfactory. After all, if it ever gegins to get boring, they can both start fantasising together about Peggy.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:43 am
How does silicone get flaccid? Inquiring minds and whatnot.
Mentally & spiritually flaccid, in that she has lost her desire for the threesome since Vince & Jane are reminding her of the life-changing events she is desperately trying to avoid with Gary. @lordoffiling had it right.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm
By the way, I think that we must now assume that 43 seconds is a time interval with great arcane significance in the Ma3 universe.
Well if "42" is the answer to the universal question, then 1 more makes it 1 more better??? Agreed, it is another funny call back. The 'everyone is bi' in Montreal joke being the other in this strip. Technically, the never ending 'panel 4 butt monkey' returned too, what with Peggy getting shafted this time (or not getting shafted in this case).

I assume that Peggy will stumble her way back to the communal apartment, dejected and/or worried. I would really like to see Gary there, being tender and thoughtful and attentive to the fact that she is late from coming home from work. Considering she puts in loads of overtime, it is quite reasonable to assume he would think she was only at work as opposed to Peggy being on a random threesome hookup prowl + drunken bender. Then Gary could have dinner and something comfortable ready for her to relax after her hard day's work. Hopefully that will open Peggy's eyes to Gary being comfortable and safe and truly considerate of her needs. Romance ensues. Profit. "THE END" credits roll.

Or Gary called up a friend for a threesome!!! And all they were waiting on was Peggy. Seems unlikely for Gary, but it would be in the realm of "curve ball".
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Two things we can confirm:

Jane is bisexual so the only lesbians in Montreal are Brandy, Lynn, and Roxie.

And sadly it doesn’t seem like we’re going to get the eroticism of before in these remaining weeks. Advertisers be damned.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So no drunken threesome for Peggy. I wonder if Jane and Vince talking about buying a house and moving in together while having sex was the mood killer for Peggy. And I'm still waiting for that "curve ball". Maybe Peggy will go back to Gary's apartment and find Gary on the couch or in bed with another woman?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Two other things to note here: (1) Jane is not only one of the Ma3 universe’s select community of female bra-wearers, but wears quite a solid-looking bra. Well, her job may call for a bit of lifting and carrying. (2) Sexual excitement is a cure for drunkenness — everyone’s speech stops slurring after panel 1.
brasca wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm
Jane is bisexual so the only lesbians in Montreal are Brandy, Lynn, and Roxie.
But Jane says that everyone is bi! And she lives within the universe, so she should know best! Clearly, those three (along with Dillon, Gary, and Ruby) are fooling themselves.
And sadly it doesn’t seem like we’re going to get the eroticism of before in these remaining weeks.
Oh, I dunno; panel 2 there has its charms. What we’re not getting is female frontal nudity — but I’m sure that Giz can add in a (slightly squashed, partial) nipple or two for the print volume.
---------
Spidrift

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

brasca wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm
And sadly it doesn’t seem like we’re going to get the eroticism of before in these remaining weeks. Advertisers be damned.
Not unless you buy the book. Giz already confirmed on Twitter that Peggy's suspenders won't be there.