Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brasca

Re: 05-03-19 Face to faish

Post by brasca »

Milnoc wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 6:31 pm
brasca wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:09 pm
And sadly it doesn’t seem like we’re going to get the eroticism of before in these remaining weeks. Advertisers be damned.
Not unless you buy the book. Giz already confirmed on Twitter that Peggy's suspenders won't be there.
Oh I definitely will, but it would've been nice to end things the same way it started. ;)

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

Tfw a character hangs up a lamp shade in universe in the middle of sex.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Aw, how nice for those two! ^_^ I just hope they don't start to have doubts and regrets about it when they sober up.
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:06 pm
By the way, I think that we must now assume that 43 seconds is a time interval with great arcane significance in the Ma3 universe.
Well, 4 + 3 = 7, and that's a number of mystical significance. ^_^

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Error of Logic wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:13 am
Aw, how nice for those two! ^_^ I just hope they don't start to have doubts and regrets about it when they sober up.
Hey, it’s not like they’ve signed any paperwork. If they’re smart, in the morning, they can agree to date for a couple of weeks to make sure they’re sure before they start shopping for places. As lordoffiling said, the brilliant thing here was how Peggy’s attempt to be irresponsible and carefree ended up with two people discussing financial planning and buying a house together.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Heh heh, yeah, that was some delicious irony. ^_^

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm hoping that Peggy bursts out with a "What's wrong with you two?!" Because she really needs to hear their answer: that starting a life together can be exciting, even the mundane bits, like buying a house or picking out curtains.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Bear in mind that these two are having sex at the moment...

And while I don’t really disagree with you in general, I wouldn’t describe buying a house as “mundane”. More tense, weird, stressful, fascinating...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

I'm guessing that Peggy's next action (on or off stage) will be to either:
Quietly get dressed and leave (most likely option)
Yell in frustration
Or
Break down and cry.
The 2nd or 3rd options might be enough to get the couple's attention- depends probably on what the authors think is funniest or most appropriate to the plot.

As far as the house buying, I was talking about Peggy's state of mind. Getting a house represents settling down and Peggy is terrified of the first word: settling. She apparently thinks that choosing Gary means that she will miss out on some better option in the nebulous future or that she will lose all control of her life.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Feh to that. Reach for the stars, sure, but if you don't appreciate what's right in front of you, it's your own fault if you end up empty-handed.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Lokitsu wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:52 pm
I'm guessing that Peggy's next action (on or off stage) will be to either:
Quietly get dressed and leave (most likely option)
Yell in frustration
Or
Break down and cry.
The 2nd or 3rd options might be enough to get the couple's attention- depends probably on what the authors think is funniest or most appropriate to the plot.

As far as the house buying, I was talking about Peggy's state of mind. Getting a house represents settling down and Peggy is terrified of the first word: settling. She apparently thinks that choosing Gary means that she will miss out on some better option in the nebulous future or that she will lose all control of her life.
Which, she could go the usual route of...

Settle for Gary, then divorce him if someone she considers better comes along.