Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

28-02-19 Inthahole

Post by Giz »

Storm-forge mystique

Re: 28-02-19 Inthahole

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...so... there's roughly zero chance of these two not ending up together, right?

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I'm not thrilled that this farce is continuing (I know, I know, it is routine, but had hoped we were passed it being a thing again), but admit it is a guilty pleasure, even delight, to see Peggy in all her glory again - truly stunning!

It is getting precariously close to what I don't want to happen - i.e. Peggy being a selfish user of others like various other characters have done - but, even as close as it is, it could still be averted. Perhaps I'm being delusional, but the way Jane and Vince, and even Peggy, were slurring (especially Vince mentioning he may have had too much to drink), that they will receive sensory overload at the hot sight of Peggy and pass out, thus avoiding the hook up; after all, they fell into seemingly comatose states when they accidentally saw her naked before and they were entirely sober then.

Other than the super hot display of Peggy, which cannot be stressed enough, the other art is also exceptional at portraying the general mood of the scene, with such a heavy emphasis on intoxication that *hopefully* no pointless spontaneous threesome will occur this time (maybe I'm being definition of insanity. Aha).

VoxPopuli

Post by VoxPopuli »

Peggy's butt. Always a delight.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Well, no complaints about panel 4 from me. Presumably, the advertisers are believed to be okay with the occasional butt. Or we're near enough to the end for Giz to be mumbling "the hell with it". And, even in this car crash scene, Vince and Jane are shown as reasonable human beings at heart, with their own lives and dreams.
Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 10:53 am
...so... there's roughly zero chance of these two not ending up together, right?
It kind of looks that way. Of course, that assumes that Jane is Ma3-standard bisexual rather than real-world-more-statistically-likely lesbian.

But where this scene goes next is still anyone's guess. As I noted before, one thing about Ma3 (which I generally rather like and respect) is that even when sex scenes are interrupted for plot/comedy purposes, the sex may still happen first. We don't get perpetual old-school annoying comedy of frustration. Comedy of bad decisions is more interesting.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Well, Vince looks aroused in panel 4.

Maniax

Post by Maniax »

Ouch... It's getting really painful seeing how Peggy's going down this road. With every strip I'm losing more and more of the respect I had for her...

brasca

Post by brasca »

christopheftw wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 am
Indeed! Funny that the censors didn’t catch it.

And I second Spidrift’s hopes that Pixie Trix Comix will dispense with the ad revenue for the last strips. It’s only right to end things with a good old fashioned erotic scene.

Pier777

Post by Pier777 »

Everyone seems to be disappointed in Peggy's decisions here but I'm a bit confused. Losing respect for her, etc.

Why?

She wants to remember what it feels like to be an unattached, sexually adventurous, woman. This is a way to do it.

Maybe she'll realize something during this and decide she could be with Gary without sacrificing her sexual freedom. Or that her idea of sexual freedom might be different from what she assumed. Or that she, indeed, is not ready for a relationship, period. Any, all, or none of these are perfectly OK. One is not morally superior to the other, imho.

Or maybe I'm missing something.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

christopheftw wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:36 am
Interesting how one little line can say so much! :))

I'm predicting things won't go too well for Peggy. In her current state, she'll probably see Gary's head on both of them!

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 11:28 am
Presumably, the advertisers are believed to be okay with the occasional butt.
That has always been true. We can have delightful scenes like Peggy getting double teamed by Gary and Matt complete with plenty of side boob and orgasmic faces, or Didi riding Gary to exhaustion, and they’re still okay.

It’s only when we can see a female nipple that things have gone too far.

/eyeroll
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Pier777 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 pm
Everyone seems to be disappointed in Peggy's decisions here but I'm a bit confused. Losing respect for her, etc.

Why?
I haven't lost any respect for Peggy; I've lost respect for her co-workers (it's totes okay to take advantage of a drunken friend if you get sh*tfaced, yourself? Because pretending it was all just a mutually drunken mistake between friends rids anyone of any pesky consequences, right?)

Her friends are slime for taking advantage of the opportunity to shag their co-worker; who herself needed to get plastered in order to even consider sleeping with either of them.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Pier777 wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:51 pm

Why?

She wants to remember what it feels like to be an unattached, sexually adventurous, woman. This is a way to do it.
In itself, that choice is hers to make. It looks pretty clear to me that she’s emotionally confused and quite likely to regret this later, but she’s an adult woman and this is her decision. The problem is, (a) she has to get blitzed to follow through on that decision, which ought to tell a sensible person that it may not be a great idea in the first place, and (b) she’s bouncing a couple of other people into helping with this, which may not be entirely fair to them.

I mean, my own view here is much more in sorrow than in anger. But I can see there’s a problem.
Fluffy wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:28 pm
Her friends are slime for taking advantage of the opportunity to shag their co-worker; who herself needed to get plastered in order to even consider sleeping with either of them.
It was pretty clear to me from her dialogue in the preceding strip that she had very much considered this and decided to go for it before she even started drinking; she just had to get drunk to muffle the part of her brain that was still telling her that this was a bad idea. And she’s very much depicted as the dominant personality in these strips; she’s the one bouncing the other two into assisting her in deliberately making a mistake.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Hooboy. Thanks for the view, Giz. Peggy looking gorgeous as ever.

I'm still not comfortable with Peggy trying to forget Gary this way, but she's a big girl and can make her own decisions. She's not ready for greater commitment.

I think it would be hilarious if her "trying to forget" comment she said is foreshadowing and she sees Gary's face transposed on Vince and Jane's bodies mid-coitus. It would bring Peggy full circle.

Or maybe just let the threesome happen. Perhaps Peggy won't be as satisfied with her partners' abilities to fulfill her needs? Maybe Vince really can't stand getting pegged? Or just let them have their fun, and let the cards fall where they may.

This event could be the impetus Peggy needs to have 'the talk' with Gary, letting him know she is flattered but unable to give him what he wants. Either way with the end of the web comic looming, something definitive should be in the works as to their FWB relationship.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

By the way, I note that the comic now has two Vincents who live at home with their mothers...
---------
Spidrift