28-02-19 Inthahole

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brasca

Re: 28-02-19 Inthahole

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:21 am
Not a big fan of the wrestling arcs, then?

(Brandy, Lynn, and Roxie all appear to be exclusively lesbian.)
I didn't hate it, but apparently it didn't leave that great of an impression since I completely forgot about it. Thank you for reminding me.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 11:21 am
Not a big fan of the wrestling arcs, then?

(Brandy, Lynn, and Roxie all appear to be exclusively lesbian.)
Hell, forget appearing it; Roxie outright confirmed that Brandy is a lesbian.

I suppose the jury's still out on those other two, but it's worth noting we've never seen Lynn interacting with anyone male besides all those voicemails she got due to writing her phone number and "Call me! <3" on DiDi's boobs, which she deleted all of for understandable reasons, but that doesn't tell us anything other than that she didn't think her actions through at the time. (Not an uncommon sin in this comic, to be sure.) As for Roxie? I believe she's only ever interacted with Damien, and while she definitely doesn't find HIM attractive, I find it equally plausible that she does think he looks good, but finds his womanizing personality obnoxious and that sours whatever other opinions she has about him.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Welp, that looks like another ship setting sail from Port Gary. Bon voyage!

*looks at calendar*

Say, we still haven't seen Kiley, have we? :D

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

I could see the creative team bring back the joke/gag of certain characters seeing Gary's face on other characters bodies except with Peggy being hit with it this time. Would that cause Peggy to have an epiphany for Gary? Who knows. Kiley and Matt were seeing Gary's face on other people for a while and yet they were able to move on with their lives after having some "therapy".

@cheshire86: looking at the calendar and the archives next Thursday (March 7th) will be two years since Kiley's departure from the comic. I don't think she's coming back into Gary's life this late in the game. I wouldn't mind if that happened because that would put more pressure on Peggy to make up her mind on Gary.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:00 pm
I suppose the jury's still out on those other two, but it's worth noting we've never seen Lynn interacting with anyone male besides all those voicemails she got due to writing her phone number and "Call me! <3" on DiDi's boobs, which she deleted all of for understandable reasons, but that doesn't tell us anything other than that she didn't think her actions through at the time. (Not an uncommon sin in this comic, to be sure.) As for Roxie? I believe she's only ever interacted with Damien, and while she definitely doesn't find HIM attractive, I find it equally plausible that she does think he looks good, but finds his womanizing personality obnoxious and that sours whatever other opinions she has about him.
When Lynn was looking for love, she confined the search to women. If she was bi, she'd surely have at least considered the other option. Roxie talked about lesbianism in various circumstances and never mentioned bisexuality that I recall, treated the other women's interest in Damien with eye-rolling detachment, and hasn't considered men to resolve her current state of frustration that we've seen. I think it's fairly safe to assume that both those two are functionally Kinsey six.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

My takeaways:

1) Most of the fashion industry would say that Peggy is not thin enough. This is clearly proof that the fashion industry has gone the wrong way.

2) For someone who is blotto, Peggy is quite gracefully posed.

3) For someone who is blotto, Peggy went from being fully clothed to 100% nude with surprising speed.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

She’s been sharing an apartment with Sonya. She’s obviously picked up some sex ninja skills.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

leann123

Post by leann123 »

Another example as to why she isn't good for Gary.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

But Gary's good enough for Peggy! He can handle her oversized strap-ons like a Boss! :))

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

@leann123, I still am not counting her and Gary out. She has issues to work out, or has to settle on not leading Gary on or giving him hope that there might be a future together with her. Either she will decide to tell Gary that she wants out of the FWB relationship, that she takes a step back and assesses her life choices and decides that she wants to partner with him because he accepts her, or they continue as is. Sadly, no one is really perfect for Gary, just as no one truly has a perfect match for them (although I suppose there are some rarities). People are different, and it is in that difference that two individuals can discover the beauty of compromise & vulnerability and become something greater. Peggy is coming from a damaged/insecure state (her bad life with her ex) and has not really addressed the problem; rather, she has only fulfilled fantasies she wouldn't have been able to explore with her ex. I am also wondering if there are other deeper issues Peggy had towards her ex than just the lack of oral sex. It seems rather shallow that not getting head would be such a deal-breaker... but to each their own I guess.

IMO, Gary is the right one for her if she wants to accept him and the thought of herself being with him. She is running away from her problem/insecurity and fulfilling random acts of sexiness, rather than addressing her requirements for commitment and/or thinking on if settling down is actually for her. I take her leaping with abandon for a threesome as reactionary, and not truly being vindictive toward Gary directly.

I guess we'll have to see. Truth be told, I am quite curious how many strips we have left. The Peggy/Gary resolution, the aftermath of Zii/Didi, and (hopefully) a little bit of a denouement to end the comic on a fitting finale would seem to take more than a handful of strips... and we're in March already.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I love the way that fan-presumed reasons for Peggy and Jim’s breakup have hurtled from “the relationship had run its course” through “he wasn’t good for her” to “he was some kind of monster”, despite a total lack of evidence. So far as I recall, his only known crime was not liking oral sex. Heck, he cared for Peggy enough that he wanted things to at least end with something other than him getting a bowl of food dumped on his head. By Ma3 standards, that makes him a bit of a saint.

Truthfully, we have almost zero knowledge of his nature or what went wrong between them. We do know that Giz and Dave originally envisaged them getting back together after that evening, so they presumably didn’t originally imagine him as anything especially horrible. What we actually saw was a guy enduring a crappy breakup, and handling it clumsily but not with any signs of evil. I still think he deserves a one-panel happy ending before the comic ends.
---------
Spidrift

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 5:35 pm
Welp, that looks like another ship setting sail from Port Gary. Bon voyage!

*looks at calendar*

Say, we still haven't seen Kiley, have we? :D
Perhaps Peggy will leave this menage a trois and return to the apartment only to see Gary getting pegged by Kiley in the same positions Dillon and Matt were when this series first began. :-o It would be a great bookend, but we'd probably get an epilogue that explained what lead up to this.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

At least an epilogue indeed.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

@brasca: That would be hilarious if that happened but I'm thinking if the creative team does bookend the entire comic, I'm predicting that it will be Yuki walking in on Matt getting pegged by Kiley. Then again I'm only making that prediction because it looks like Kiley is pegging Matt on the volume 10 cover art.

Another possibility is Yuki walks in on Matt getting pegged by Kiley but it's not the bookend and that drives Yuki back to Gary while Peggy is having her drunken threesome. The comic ends with Gary getting paired off with Yuki once and for all while Kiley settles for an open relationship with Matt.

Honestly I just want Kiley to make a final appearance of some kind before the comic wraps up. Please bring her back creative team. Pretty please, with sugar on top.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

Given the sublimity of the MA3-verse, I suspect that Peggy's exit from the story will involve her meeting a guy named Bob.