26-02-19 A deep bond

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

jish55

Re: 26-02-19 A deep bond

Post by jish55 »

Just bring Amber back for Gary. I mean hell, she never really showed having a boyfriend in SDB, was actually a good partner for Gary, but got sidelined in the end.

tsath

Post by tsath »

LarsenSan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Why can't he just say "I dont' swing that way" at the strap-on part?
Because this is MA3. Consent and communication are boring grownup stuff. So are sensitivity to a partner's comfort and maintaining a close but professional work relationship.

I hope the strip is ending soon. It's turning into a bad parody of itself.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

And it looks like Peggy has become like Zii before her character development. The creative team said they wanted to revisit this comic in the future so they have to make sure that Gary doesn't get paired off with anyone. I'm guessing Peggy ending up in a drunken threesome was the "curve ball" the creative team was hinting at.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

jish55 wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:51 pm
Just bring Amber back for Gary. I mean hell, she never really showed having a boyfriend in SDB, was actually a good partner for Gary, but got sidelined in the end.
She told Zii that Ray might even be The One for her, visibly put quite a lot of effort into the relationship, and even had him trained in the Swirly. She’s unavailable.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

So unless Peggy has a love epiphany of some kind that means Gary ends up with...no one. Kiley has been out of the comic for almost two years now so I just don't see her coming back into Gary's life.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

@Spidrift, I was remarking to Peggy's comment of "if you're gonna resent each other for this, I'd better find someone else" with the bold emphasis added by me. Being at the bar and seeking a threesome, the odds on finding two other people she knows there seem rather slim. Hence, those strangers. Not the paramedics who are squeamish at the prospect of being naked/sexual around the other.

Hope that clears that up.

And as far as Kiley's long absence @samtheman, why not? It would be like meeting her again for the first time. No strings. No hang-ups. No annoying ethical responsibility to her faux-patient. Her long departure from the comic is only apparent to us readers. Kiley dumping Didi and going all breastly with Sonya & Yuki is probably only 3-6 months in Ma3-time... if that. In fact since just about everyone has had hallucinations or fantasies about being with Gary, there is a sort of poetry with a Psych. major ending up with the Bermuda Gary.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

EvilSnack

Post by EvilSnack »

I didn't know Vince was German...

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

LarsenSan wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Why can't he just say "I dont' swing that way" at the strap-on part?
Maybe he's not 100% opposed to the idea?

Perhaps, he contemplated it before, but hasn't done it, so he wants more drinks to loosen himself up.

That said, I think the five shots is all Peggy had. Depending on the person, sure, could be drunk. For someone who may drink regularly enough, or just strong enough constitution, likely sober enough to still make choices they know they're doing.

Of course, she could know what she's doing and lie about it later.

Linnah

Post by Linnah »

Why's people seemingly hating on this so much? I mean, what's so wrong about two close friends sharing a crush and then having a bit of a rivalry with each other towards it? As far as I'm aware it isn't that abnormal for you to consider going a bit out of your usual way if that means getting in a crush's pants.

Plus, this isn't Saw; if Peggy would choose one instead of the both, it's not like the remaining person would die or never have another chance with her. They'll just get blue balls and some jealousy, but nothing life-threatening.

And speaking of Peggy, I dunno why people are -also- hating on her decision to sleep with them. Unless this experience turns her in a sex-driven-machine-of-terrible-decisions-and-terrible-behavior (like a certain Blonde we know), I don't think she's anywhere near unlikable with this arc. Even if she'd try to later upgrade her fwb-ship into a full on monogamous relationship with Gary, I don't think she's betraying him in any way with this. Few strips ago she said "we're practically monogamous", not "we agreed to be monogamous". If she ain't breaking no rules, and ain't in an official relationship with him, more power to her.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:47 am
Maybe he's not 100% opposed to the idea?

Perhaps, he contemplated it before, but hasn't done it, so he wants more drinks to loosen himself up.
Hmm. ’Scuse me while I wander off into goofy headcanon...

Suppose that Peggy and Aishani haven’t been as discreet with stories around the hospital concerning Peggy’s off-duty adventures as they should have been? Perhaps word has got around the staff about her getting up to some wild and crazy stuff. (And dayum, the mental pictures would look good.) And Jane and Vince have seen her casually wandering around her place naked, which they may think kind of confirms the stories (and makes the mental pictures even better). They may have been so fast to offer her that drink because they both thought they had a fair chance of getting in on that fun. This might also explain why they both thought that they had a chance with her. And hey, if Vince had heard previous whispers about strap-ons, it’d explain why his response here was “Oops, so that’s part of the deal” rather than “AAAAH! Run away!”...

Nah. They’re both just Ma3 characters.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Shinjischneider

Post by Shinjischneider »

"I packed a strap-on"

"Good. Use it on her while i use the flesh-one on you"

The lack of spine and/or brain in every character in this comic is marvelous.

Collarnorcrown

Post by Collarnorcrown »

This strikes me as rather manipulative in a not fun way.
"The true man wants two things: danger and play. For that reason he wants woman, as the most dangerous plaything."
Friedrich Nietzsche

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Linnah wrote:
Wed Feb 27, 2019 8:28 am
Why's people seemingly hating on this so much? <snip>
And speaking of Peggy, I dunno why people are -also- hating on her decision to sleep with them. <snip> If she ain't breaking no rules, and ain't in an official relationship with him, more power to her.
You are right, in a technical standpoint. Rules-wise, they are free to goink whoever whenever. Gary did it with Sonya and Yuki simo while Gary & Peggy were the beginnings of their FWB relationship. She has every recourse to explore whatever kink or person she wants inside her.

It is a moral quandary, or perhaps a question about what she should do with her future. By her own admissions, she is suffering anxiety over the consideration of settling down with Gary. That makes gut reactions and snap decisions questionable. I read her statement of looking for others to have a threesome with if the paramedic duo aren't able to appreciate the threesome situation with her as being a little manipulative. Peggy has to know that they are crushing on her. I suppose others could read it as Peggy being considerate of their feelings towards their professional partnership if it would drive a wedge between them; but, I don't read it that way. Peggy wants a threesome to somehow validate her sexual identity, and she apparently doesn't mind pulling any two schmoes from the bar should the paramedics not get their act together and in a hurry since Peggy got up from her seat and went sloshing on the prowl.

So yes, she can boink whoever. But she also has to live with the repercussions. Potential morning after regrets.

Another way to look at the reader outcry might be because Peggy doesn't really seem to need to prove anything, and her irrational reactions (the panic attacks) are an awkward reaction coming from the usually level-headed character. Gary has been completely forthright with being sexually adventurous with her, with the exception of direct guy-guy. And that is Gary's prerogative. She is falling into the same lack of communication trap every other character falls into. Talk to Gary. Be honest with him. Explaining her fear to him might help him understand. Remember: Gary was willing to wait for sex and work slowly with tentacle-kicking Yuki. I am very sure Gary would give her an ample amount of time, if Peggy just explained it. Or, he would agree that their FWB relationship should part so he doesn't need to be left hanging on. It is just being fair & respectful to a person you are tender with.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I suspect that people are reacting badly to this strip because all three characters present are looking pathetically desperate (Peggy for a threesome with anyone available, the other two for a chance at Peggy), and hence are acting in ways that, yes, may rate as manipulative or skeevy or stupid, depending how you look at them.

Me, I’m giving Peggy a pass because she’s clearly emotionally deeply confused at the moment, and normally I like her, so for now I just feel sorry for her. And I don’t know enough about the other two to judge them, beyond the fact that they’ve been swept up in the usual Ma3 universe insanity (just like, umm, Peggy on her first appearance).
---------
Spidrift

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Peggy seems likable to me, but then again, I have some strange tastes in webcomic characters.
;)