26-02-19 A deep bond

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

OllieOrOlly

Re: 26-02-19 A deep bond

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:09 pm
Oh well, so much for sanity. For one brief moment I had hopes for these two.

But really... Yes, Peggy is very attractive, and I can easily imagine someone bending a few principles for a chance with her, but really - since when did every woman in the setting induce the DiDi effect?
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:50 am
Unfortunately, it seems as though Jane and Vince lack restraint, or have an excess of desperation, or are merely just idiots with too much lust.
Oh, you mean that they're Ma3 characters. It's quicker just to say so.
I guess there is someone who is bound to be someone else's DiDi equivalent?

I mean, yeah, but saying so felt too harsh and dismissive of the surprising complexities that can be found in a few of them.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

brasca wrote:
Tue Feb 26, 2019 6:13 pm
I fear this is about to get Dangerously Chloe in here. 8-|

Peggy isn’t Matt. She’s not cheating on Gary and she wants to have a good time because life is short.

And if Peggy is sober enough to use a strap on I think it’s safe to say she can consent. It’s probably not a good idea to hook up because of how awkward things can be at work the next day, but they’re all adults who know what they’re doing.
If she's had alcohol at all, no, she can't consent. By like, definition.

brasca

Post by brasca »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 am
brasca wrote:

Peggy isn’t Matt. She’s not cheating on Gary and she wants to have a good time because life is short.

And if Peggy is sober enough to use a strap on I think it’s safe to say she can consent. It’s probably not a good idea to hook up because of how awkward things can be at work the next day, but they’re all adults who know what they’re doing.
If that were so then every drunken hookup would require the Special Victims Unit. 8-|

While her coworkers should know better than to get involved with someone who's drunk because of workplace awkwardness that could involve human resources Peggy is not passed out. She's sober enough to not only consent to sex with two coworkers, but set terms, and pack a strap on. The only reason Peggy needs liquid courage is she's conflicted about settling down into another monogomous relationship. If Matt wasn't off the market she'd probably see if he could round up someone to have a good time with, but he's not so Jane and Vince will have to do.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:47 am
brasca wrote:

Quick search shows that's not true at all. Passed out drunk. Yeah, no consent. Had a drink but not totally drunk, that's not so correct.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:55 am
I mean, yeah, but saying so felt too harsh and dismissive of the surprising complexities that can be found in a few of them.
It’s not exclusive. I mean, Peggy, in this very strip, is showing a lack of restraint and being a bit of an idiot, but that’s because she’s a relatively complex character (by Ma3 standards, which admittedly aren’t that high); she’s conflicted and confused, which is driving her to bad decisions. And Zii’s characterisation is all about someone who lets herself be driven by lust because she’s trying to avoid and deny something, while Sonya turned out surprisingly complex for someone who acts like a bit of an idiot much of the time... And so on.
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 5:26 am
Quick search shows that's not true at all. Passed out drunk. Yeah, no consent. Had a drink but not totally drunk, that's not so correct.
Of course it isn’t. Anyone who’s ever had a beer or two and then held a rational conversation about complex issues would know that.

Puritanism gets really stupid sometimes.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

It's not puritanism. To consent you legally need to be of clear mind and if you've been drinking then your mind is impaired. Like seriously have you never been to sexual health class or just one of those introductory things at a college where they say that drunk consent is not consent.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

“Had one drink” is not the same as “drunk”.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

Depends on your tolerance surely. An 80 pound woman who never drinks is gonna get more sloshed than a 250 pound frequent bargoer.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:39 pm
“Had one drink” is not the same as “drunk”.
Exactly, and if we're saying that anyone that had a drink has his/her mind impaired, then anyone that had a cup of coffee, tea, an energy drink, a prescribed pill (like Prozac or Zoloft) or even chocolate, also has his/her mind impaired, leaving the majority of Earth's population unable to consent legally.

Like BioYuGi says, it depends on your tolerance, if a drink numbs your head, then you can't consent, but for most people, it requires more than a few (unless you're drinking Everclear or Balkan straight :D )
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

BioYuGi wrote:
Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:46 pm
Depends on your tolerance surely. An 80 pound woman who never drinks is gonna get more sloshed than a 250 pound frequent bargoer.
Of course. But an adult who gets smashed beyond the ability to make rational decisions on one or two drinks is a rarity, probably has other problems, and really shouldn’t touch the stuff at all.
---------
Spidrift